Was it lovecraftian?

was it lovecraftian?

Attached: 456835856844568.jpg (985x558, 72.9K)

Attached: color out of space.webm (720x404, 2.93M)

OH MY GOD THE COLORS OF SPACE IM GOING INSAAANE

Half Life was never good

Attached: 1583955231357.png (652x172, 26.43K)

shootings isnt good in half life but its still fun Diehard in a sciencelab game

Attached: 1583385417733.jpg (1061x369, 124.59K)

WE WUZ SPACE AND SHEEIT

>Thinking Lovecraft is all about aesthetics
Damn, Yas Forums niggers are so fucking stupid.

I'M GOING INSAAAAANE

It was never considered the big three or anything. It was just something to play inbetween playing Halo or Counter-strike

>screencapping your own comments

Embarassing.

No it was actually good so you can't call it Lovecraftian. It's Kafkaesque.

Attached: xen.jpg (1920x1080, 279.46K)

Also Cameronesque because it's like Pandora.

Attached: bunker.jpg (1920x1080, 530.82K)

Attached: 220px-Giygas.png (220x192, 23.87K)

Attached: gdhfh.png (1330x193, 28.2K)

Attached: dhdh.png (1216x305, 46.38K)

bump.

Here you go bro

Attached: bunker3.jpg (1920x1080, 179.12K)

Attached: bunker2.jpg (1920x1080, 374.91K)

AAAAAAH SAVE ME NIGGERMAN

Refute it

Between this and Alyx, do you think there will be a reignited interest in Half Life that might trigger the development of a Half Life 3?

hlniggers can't prove me wrong.

hlnigger here i dont care

I don’t care. When is the Artifact relaunch?

Well Valve is working on a bunch of other untitled VR projects. Left 4 Dead 3, Half Life 3, and Portal 3 are all possible. Maybe they can even do a new Orange Box.

Attached: xen plants.jpg (1920x1080, 275.95K)

I-IS THAT HALF LIFE??? IM GOING INSANE HELP ME ROMERO TRANS RIGHTS FUCK HALF LIFE!!!!

The screenshots prove hl was not great for hardcore gamers.

Orange Box was a lightning in a bottle miracle where three projects just happened to finish around the same time. We're not getting another such miracle anytime soon.

Was it Lovecraftian?

Attached: freeman.jpg (460x215, 31.19K)

It was positively lynchian

kojimiaesque

>Oh my god that's not painted on the road! That's a white box on top of the road! That's a fucking BRUSH!
Yes

Never say never. It explains the absence of news on any of these. They could just be waiting to release them at the same time.

Attached: lambda.jpg (1920x1080, 521.98K)

black messa cannot rival this

REFUTE IT

YOU FUCKED UP MY FACE

quintessentially kafkaesque

Smart gamers know hl wasn't special.

No

hl fanboys in denial

>Kafkaesque
Surely. Xen's absurdist bureaucratic system is the core of everything, amirite?

Attached: mGPkfBr.jpg (554x601, 11.8K)

>Kafkaesque is about bureaucracy
You got the absurdity part right tho. Gordon is essentially like the bug in the metamorphosis or like the prisoner stuck in the sewing machine that slowly etches their sin onto their body until they die. He is essentially an anomaly that will always be an anomaly.

Attached: bombs away.jpg (1920x1080, 483.87K)

Although in the fully essential way such a comparison could be made, it looks like a really forced way of fitting Gordon for only calling it Kafkaesque.
Imma stay with the user who said it was more Lynchean. Gordon stands in absurdism and his travel is both physical-metaphysical; G-man supernatural boi underlies the common structure of what could be an alien invasion game, as a kind of Muholland Drive/Twin Peaks demiurge of mystical/beyonder-ish nature.

Attached: 2783_wekji.jpg (554x439, 62.6K)

Or how about none of these terms because it's fucking stupid?

Attached: AAAAAAAAAAA.jpg (1920x1080, 296.57K)

ARE YOU GOING TO REFUTE ME OR HWAT

>thinking all fps must be all arena shooters
>thinking that linear games are bad
>thinking that Half-Life has shitty AI
>thinking that either Doom or Duke3D had a mod on a similar level as Black Mesa
>thinking that platforming is bad in an fps
>thinking that System Shock and Half-Life told the same story

kino

Attached: xenkino2.jpg (1920x1080, 317.68K)

Doom doesn't have a story other than 'you shoot demons and here's more demons here', and the story isn't even that engaging, and there is barely any storytelling in that game either aside from walls of texts. Half-Life's achievement is that it had proven that games aren't just kiddie arcade games like your Quake or Duke3D, and the story itself unfolds before your very eyes as you try to survive. It's a survival action fps, not arcade fps.
The point of the game is that you are trying to escape the facility because all has gone into shit, and you simply follow the instructions of the guys who seem to know what is happening and how to stop it.
Half-Life isn't a power-fantasy arcade shooter where you are a big stronk space marine, it isn't an explorer/puzzle game where your main goal is to explore around the place for bounties or some shit (though there are puzzles, no question about that), it isn't an RPG shooter, and the main theme is survival (and I'd argue that Half-Life had done very well on that front). Half-Life is good because it had told a generic story in a brand-new way that was compelling and naturalistic. Some games may be better in some aspects, but no game did so well on all fronts as Half-Life did, and tie it together with an actual narrative that is recognizable, but presented in a manner that no other game before it did. It still holds up even now, too.
Plus, it won 50 GOTY awards back then, so there is no question that it was very good.

Attached: unnamed.jpg (431x512, 47.8K)

ludo

Attached: crystal.jpg (1920x1080, 340.33K)

>A-ARE YOU GOING TO REFUTE ME OR HWAT
the absolute state of this autist

Attached: images.png (205x246, 8.3K)

kinoludo

Attached: cave.jpg (1920x1080, 321.18K)

Why not remake something that was shit, and make it better?
Remaking Half-Life is so redundant, I don't get it

Admit it, Nihilanth was kino.

It got kinda messy when he started summoning and throwing military cars at you and using gigantic AoEs, now the whole Gonarch sequence was pure unbridled kino.

Half-Life: Source was pretty shit, so they decided to remake that in Source.

Attached: ship_untitled.jpg (850x425, 68.93K)

No, this was.

Attached: Nihilanth.png (1023x689, 821.69K)

Blue Shift was intended to be played with the HD models, right? Replaying through the first game and expansions now before getting to black mesa.

>black dude's name is (Ho)Ward Phillips
what did they mean by this

I think you can only play it with the HD models.

>lynchian
Does half life really mash the dull and banal with the grotesque though? I believe calling it Lovecraftian fits quite well and to say otherwise is just being a contrarian

Not my fault the poster has ADHD.

sort of like a trip code?