SMBZ Thread

What will be different in Episode 2?

Attached: Mecha Sonic Model.gif (377x416, 798.25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8edzZkTKWgg
youtu.be/MlCK5RWO54E
youtube.com/watch?v=2azTLdkIAVI
youtube.com/watch?v=E0Rl-pS3xdw
youtube.com/watch?v=I8GQ9_u5S4k
youtube.com/watch?v=Vb22li36dJg
youtube.com/watch?v=xi0M9SIaLb4
twitter.com/AlvinSmbz/status/1231221621920354304
twitter.com/AlvinSmbz/status/1229567733123162112
youtu.be/WyOwTVEQhUU
youtu.be/bTjS1H4zxGU
youtu.be/7QJTIbiwYaw
youtube.com/watch?v=K7R_xQUiZvg
twitter.com/AlvinSmbz/status/1223793928878555137
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It will not feature a fight against Bowser and Sonic and Shadow's capsule appearing.

>Alvin almost used pic related sprites specifically quoting Power Star and RotMK as inspirations

Thank fuck he didn't but imagine if he did.

Attached: ES3YhrVUcAAhUDZ.jpg (1200x675, 139.95K)

would have been so limiting

>Alvin has said that episode 3 will be dedicated entirely to sonic's backstory
Do you realize what this means?
There will probably be full fight scenes of Mecha fucking trashing the furry crew

>Nothing could prepare us for the day the Death Egg crashed into Mobius.

youtube.com/watch?v=8edzZkTKWgg

Attached: sonic and pals.jpg (1017x713, 228.55K)

Here's what we need to see.
>an extended scene of Metal Sonic sneaking around behind Eggman's back and absorbing the other Sonic bots, then 'killing' Eggman
>Team Sonic all fighting Metallix together, leading to at least Tails dying during the fight
>Knuckles needs to break the Master Emerald at some point so Metallix doesn't get it
>Metallix killing Cream and Amy if/when they try to fight together
>Rouge and Omega dying in front of Shadow

He's gonna hit them like a F40PH

>Mecha Sonic eventually confronts Robotnik for one reason or another
>Robotnik unleashes a superweapon that he's been saving for just such an occasion
>It's Silver Sonic.

Attached: 1532997493607.jpg (640x480, 78.17K)

I'd personally like to see an all out slaughter where Mecha Sonic bodies the denizens of Möbius, and a scene where Team Dark in specific is thrashed as Shadow is helpless to save them. It could also show Eggman making his way to Mario's universe somehow.

So just Silver?

Kind of off topic, but I wonder if Alvin will find a way to implement Silver into the series? He basically is the Trunks of the Sonic verse.

Considering he's a fucking moron, I wouldn't be surprised if he came back and tried to kill the Mario and Sonic crew because Mecha Sonic said "they did it"

But Metal Sonic already absorbed Silver Sonic.

What would be more kino is metallix vs mecha mario.

I feel you're falsely equating knowledge you want to know after 8 episodes of the original series with knowledge we should know after only two of effectively a new series. It's way too early to play the hand completely about Team Dark and eggman, since it ruins the dramatic tension of the argument between sonic and shadow, and the reveal of the two shell treaty. The latter could easily be introduced earlier, but the former needs way more time to pay off emotionally

>inb4 the Eggman working with Bowser is just Eggman Nega taking on the guise of his ancestor

Attached: eggman nega.jpg (926x1754, 180.69K)

He isn't lol

>We're gonna see Omega's death on screen since he's a robot
>It's more brutal than the Axem Rangers deaths

Attached: 1582639314618.jpg (229x220, 4.67K)

ENTER CHADVOK

Attached: STRONGEST ZETI.png (656x960, 471.44K)

Why does Shadow have such a deep, caring connection with Rouge? I canonically see their relationship as professional colleagues and nothing more. Weird.

Does Alvin like the Zeti? There's no sprites of them, but I figure they'd make fun meme villains in a Sprite series

She's the only other female he's really interacted with for long periods of time, other than Maria. He's probably warmed up to her a lot, and considers her a valued friend deep down.

>TOO BLACK
>TOO STRONG
youtu.be/MlCK5RWO54E
blaze better show up in this

There's no way it wouldn't be mecha mario

Got any music you think would be nice to include in the reboot? I know he already confirmed Back to Mad and the Doomsday Zone remix, but since he cut the DMC music I think there's room for additional tracks. It can be existing game music or remixes.

For example I think something like this would be suited for a Bowser rematch in a later episode.
youtube.com/watch?v=2azTLdkIAVI

Attached: 1542497283130.jpg (1132x1272, 211.61K)

Single eye/visor > Two eyes

>Absorbs Gemerl in front of Cream

Attached: gemerl.png (723x614, 569.36K)

>Eggman unveils Mecha Mario to Bowser for the first time in the reboot
>"He's finally done! I call him the Hyper Metal Mario!"
> Bowser: "uh... Metal Mario is already a thing here..."
>Eggman: "w-what? erm.. I guess I'll call him the Hyper MECHA Mario, then!"

Attached: mecha mario SMBZ.png (340x421, 166.66K)

I'm kind of mad that he cut the DMC music, but I'd like to hear some Zero/ZX representation for sure.
>youtube.com/watch?v=E0Rl-pS3xdw
>youtube.com/watch?v=I8GQ9_u5S4k
This one Persona track
>youtube.com/watch?v=Vb22li36dJg
And Engage The Enemy from XC1.
>youtube.com/watch?v=xi0M9SIaLb4

Attached: image.png (800x640, 718.57K)

>He systematically hunts down every and all of Sonic's friends just to fuck with him, even giving him glances of hope just to shatter them before his eyes

Sonic was surprisingly chill for someone who had all of his friends gunned down by a metal version of him

Perhaps he's better at hiding it than most. Staying determined to find the emeralds probably helped.

So the series I watched as a kid is being rebooted. How much will be changed? And are there regular updates as to upcoming episodes? I don't want to get involved in another series just to see it slowly wither up and die.

He posts updates on his Twitter, but quite a lot has changed about the animation by itself. The scenes are definitely different. Episode 2 is coming soon.

noice

>How much will be changed?
Not a whole lot, other than Episode 7 being completely changed into something different (for the better).
>And are there regular updates as to upcoming episodes?
actually, yes there are now. On Mark Haynes (Alvin Earthworm)'s twitter.
>I don't want to get involved in another series just to see it slowly wither up and die.
I mean, so far so good. He has a team of people helping him on it this time around, so I feel like we'll at least get farther in it than before.

To be fair power star was really great and I wouldn't have minded, but using them needed a lot of spritework too

I honestly wanna see Metallix get overconfident against Eggman and then get wrecked.

It wouldnt look as nice without the SSS sprites but I trust that Alvin would have made something special regardless. I mean he made the Koopa Bros look cool for fuck sakes

Wasn't part of the reason he had to stop the reboot after episode 1 because he got slapped with a C&D by Nintendo? (or am I just remembering that wrong)
If so then how can we be sure the same thing won't just happen again.

Attached: 4557591.jpg (520x678, 68.75K)

twitter.com/AlvinSmbz/status/1231221621920354304

Looks like he's not planning on hiding Eggman's identity this time around. Maybe we WILL have a Nega reveal after all...

He made a Patreon for SMBZ like a total dumbass.

>Nega shows up
>Then Blaze, then Silver
A train wreck waiting to happen

Mite b cool. I always though that a lot of the other robot sonic designs were criminally underutilized.

Attached: z2a1jg8uvfc31.png (642x646, 267.39K)

He made a Patreon, which is what really fucked him over. Never make a Patreon for projects, or fan games. That's the easiest way to fuck your self over. Otherwise, he has a team this time around.

fun fact, someone actually recorded themself saying that. That isn't Mike Polloch.

What program turns sprites into 3D like this?

I'd be fine with Blaze, but not with Silver. Putting in Hedgehog Trunks when Sonic already fills in said role in SMBZ is a dumb idea.

twitter.com/AlvinSmbz/status/1229567733123162112

Man, the animation is looking great so far

Sonic would be Goku though, no? They just jumped to another dimension with the Capsule, not another period of time. Although the circumstances are really similar.

Hell yeah, I'm glad he's cruising along properly thus far. We should have at least 4 or 5 episodes by the end of Summer. Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but he has a team with him this time around.

>Team Chaotix weren't on Mecha Sonic's hit list and somehow find a way into Mario World
>Shenanigans of them fucking with the Wario bros

Attached: 1564159426398.png (242x242, 82.13K)

>yfw Eggman was planning a coup against King Koopa the whole time, and while Bowser is occupied watching the fight between Mario and Mecha Mario, Eggman begins his plan to take over Bowsers Kingdom, and eventually, the world, by activating secret factories and shipyards he had his henchmen, the hard-boiled heavies and a small army of egg pawns he brought over, build for him while he went to go build trust between him and Bowser
>yfw it's also revealed that Eggman has been in Mario's world far longer than Sonic and Shadow have, and that it's ALSO revealed that Eggman knew Metal Sonic was planning to betray him from the start and so he made a contingency plan to travel to a separate universe, this being Mario's Universe, and left behind a clone so Metal Sonic/Metallix would be none the wiser

Attached: images.jpg (216x233, 7.76K)

>It's just Vector spending an episode looking for the computer room while Charmy and Espio get into shenanigans by themselves

If I see even one of those eyesore closeups that were in the reboot ep1, I'm unsubbing, closing the yt window and filtering these threads

>Eggman ends up being the true villain and Mecha is just the boss of the first arc

Attached: 1519333249652.png (112x112, 27.38K)

I'm not too sure about that many episodes by the summer, but I'd wager we'll get to episode 3 by then at the absolute slowest. I don't remember how long it took between the older episodes though, so maybe I'm not being optimistic enough.

I thought it was pretty obvious that Eggman was going to betray Bowser at some point, and attempt to take over the Mushroom Kingdom with the Emeralds since Möbius is torched. Really though, I wonder if Mecha Mario is going to end up becoming a genocidal maniac like Mecha Sonic, and the two end up brawling for supremacy later on.

honestly I'd love to hear some DMC4 stuff, its OST is pretty underappreciated in my eyes and has some real bangers
youtu.be/WyOwTVEQhUU 4:25 for mecha fusing with the other prototypes
youtu.be/bTjS1H4zxGU for any fight with mecha
youtu.be/7QJTIbiwYaw for some hype axem rangers moment

These threads really do bring out the inner teen in me.

Attached: 1580162044467.jpg (790x767, 156.68K)

BIG

kino, but I'm going to miss Mecha being the main villain. I'm looking forward to Mecha Sonic's encounters with Mecha Mario.

If we do get multiple arcs, I can't really see Mecha Sonic being anything other than the final boss. At the same time, I do believe that Eggman is waiting for Mecha to get smoked so he can initiate his own plans. Probably turning Mario enemies into badnicks, and so on, so forth. Eggmanland in the Mushroom Kingdom, soon

I've got the
M A S T E R P L A N

Attached: I've come to make an announcement HD.jpg (600x453, 45.14K)

I forget why it took so long last time, but things seem better now

Anything from the Yakuza series, but mostly Pledge of Demon
youtube.com/watch?v=K7R_xQUiZvg

Gemerl isn't a robot sonic variant at all.

He really needs to turn mecha's fusion into its own scene with some fitting music

Attached: 1580041966688.jpg (466x644, 52.52K)

He has Sonic's battle data. He is a reconstructed Emerl.

>twitter.com/AlvinSmbz/status/1223793928878555137
The animation for Episode 2 looks great. It's also really making me warm up to the new Mecha Sonic look...

Which one is Silver Sonic? Every time I look it up I get this one. Is that the one he absorbed?

Attached: Silver_Sonic.png (859x859, 793.11K)

god this is so visually pleasing. the smooth animation and yoshi's island background really make it all pop.

>people clamoring for Eggman Nega despite the fact that he's just a more one-note version of the original and brings nothing to the table that Eggman doesn't

What's all the fuss about

Attached: 1496611101960.gif (160x160, 743.22K)