Game replaces protagonist with a massively inferior one

>game replaces protagonist with a massively inferior one

Attached: c12cda12f6d13dd15fb3b7ad8a759227.jpg (1252x1252, 309.98K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Yb53ALjqfhI
youtu.be/PNwQLw6hfig
youtu.be/gmLrJTpOx4A?t=228
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

[incomprehensible Native American] CHARLES LEE

Why did the worst AC have to take place in America?

based
Anglo > Mutt

He was based

Yeah WTF was with that? I was enjoying being a posh gentleman who gets doors held open for him and shit, and then I'm forced to change perspective to this dirty little native kid swinging around in trees. AC3 was one of the worst in the series, so disappointing

Attached: 1540464297837.jpg (370x397, 25.36K)

>never got a game starring Haytham even though hes a fan favorite
At least Shay was cool.

All of the AC games are trash and nothing else matters after 2.

I fucking hate that I have to agree with you

Attached: 1559823110303.png (324x377, 24.3K)

The entire game went through development hell.
AC3 was more of a tech demo for AnvilNext.
They were more focused on making sure the engine was ready for the next-gen than anything else.
That's why the game had awful optimization back then.
youtube.com/watch?v=Yb53ALjqfhI

Rogue is literally the greatest game in the series behind the first game. They're the only games in the franchise that truly feel timeless.

>friend insists endgame for franchise was always going to be getting to play as Desmond as a fully trained assassin in a bustling modern metropolis
>game comes out
>you do this in like 3 super linear side missions and then Desmond dies
Whew lad such a great series, amirite?

It was worse because we didn't know about dapper britlad ahead of time. Which only made him twice as good.

At the beginning it seemed like it, but Nolan North (Desmond's VA) said the original plan was that the device Desmond would find in that cave in AC3 would be a piece of eden that would let him time travel.
So the franchise would be about Desmond travelling through time and changing history to try to save the world from the 2012 thing.

>friend insists endgame for franchise was always going to be getting to play as Desmond as a fully trained assassin in a bustling modern metropolis

Everyone thought that. Maybe Ubisoft thought it would take too much time and money to create a modern day city with parkour and drivable vehicles

Attached: 1539599718846.jpg (1390x854, 676.75K)

this isn't blackflag

That sounds fucking awful. Desmond and the modern day storyline as a whole is the worst part of the series.

I loved Black Fag as much as the next guy, but you're blind if you think it's better than Rogue lol

The modern day had potential if you actually did Assassin shit, and not just shitty puzzles and mini parkour sections.

Yeah, this is what I always thought. That all the modern stuff was extra baggage and the historical setting adventures were the only real appeal.

He always said it to justify Desmond and all thst shit and it blew up in his face.

>Everyone thought that. Maybe Ubisoft thought it would take too much time and money to create a modern day city with parkour and drivable vehicles
Ubisoft devs have said in interviews that this is pretty much the case and is why there's basically no modern day stuff anymore.

I liked AC right up to this one. Just couldn't even force myself to be interested

They made the Watch Dogs games, and Odyssey's map is needlessly huge, so I doubt that.
They are just afraid it won't sell.

Yeah because those are separate games

They said that making the modern day sections larger basically means they're making two games since they can't really share assets between the two games. If you remember, not only was the modern day stuff in AC3 super linear, but it all looked significantly worse than the historical setting. Shitty washed-out textures, low detail character models, awful "It's just a first pass, I swear we'll fix it later"-tier lighting, completely recycled animations that make no real sense in modern day, etc

It just looks like complete shit because they can't ever be bothered to spend that much time/money making all new assets. What said was supposed to happen originally actually sounds like it would have more or less solved that problem, too bad they didn't do it.

youtu.be/PNwQLw6hfig
Maybe they just realized everyone was making open world city games at the time.

>If you remember, not only was the modern day stuff in AC3 super linear, but it all looked significantly worse than the historical setting
That's mostly because the modern day sections were outsourced.

I mean, they outsourced it to themselves lol, if Ubi decides to give it to a shitty C-team Ubi subsidiary to cut costs, that does say a lot in itself

I actually really liked both ACIII and the overarching Desmond storyline (at least until they killed him off, and having him kill Lucy was fucking stupid too), but I will never not be mad about replacing Haytham with his son. There was a million better ways they could have had him interact with his son, but they chose the worst one.

Attached: 1581382997444.jpg (640x827, 64.94K)

Retarded tripfag

Games never should have had the dna time traveling bullshit and should have just been an assassin game set in the past.

ACIII was the worst AAA game to ever be released.

>Childish
>Righteous
Just like me

Attached: 1583690633677.jpg (258x294, 24.46K)

Having a continuing and evolving plot is a big part of why people got into the series. The weird conspiracy stuff of the hidden glyphs and things like that were really cool; the original game in particular has strong horror elements and the modern day stuff fit into it exactly.

I fucking loved the multiplayer in AC3. My fondest memory was stunning 3 pursuers in a row while playing Wolfpack. Think they were retarded 13 year olds who were playing it for the first time, but it was hilarious.

Attached: dr.jpg (811x506, 229.83K)

What I liked about 3 was that in the end Haytham was right about everything and Connor knew it, but they couldn't even do that right cause they cut the fucking speech he does from the game.

Connor was based.
>Nigger Lee choke holds you as a kid
>tells you you're a bitch nigger who is not important and if you'd die, nobody would care
>kid you asks for Lee's name, say you'll find him
>run back home to watch your home burn down and see your mother die
>grow up a stoic warrior, but naive as shit
>get told by some demigod spirit bitch you must go find your destiny or your people will die and the world will end or some shit
>go find the assassins
>get regularly bitch smacked by a crippled negro who calls you a retard
>prove your attitude and skill
>train for years to become a savage killer and boatman
>want to hunt down Lee outright out of youthful bravado
>don't care about killing Templars because of ignorant willfulness
>get dragged into a civil war by hapless morons and desperate fighters
>join the war because muh freedomz ans shiet
>learn over years the years your whole worldview was wrong
>that the Templars are benevolent enemies who sometime g too far, not some Saturday cartoon villains who do evil because evil
>that assassins are some kind of jedi peace keepers than heroes ad that you can end up like the Templars if you push too far
>that your people are forest elf dummies who don't even have an idea what the fuck is going on in the world at all
>that your side of the war are also retarded savages like the Brits, who steal land and kill natives
>have to kill your childhood friend because he's brainwashed
>have to kill your dad because he's literally fucking nuts
>the cripple negro who told you that you're retarded dies being absolutely right
>end up slaughtering the Templars
>winning the civil war you didn't even really care for
>hunt down Charles Lee and avenge yourself
>actually become someone who matters
>finally see the gray world in its true shades
Pure poetry.

Meanwhile Haytham:
>me good
>other bad
>kill innocent because lol
>hey, stop killing my 20 good men who kill innocent people lol
>British cynicism lol

Attached: yakuza-7-is-turned-based-and-releases-next-year.jpg (1920x1080, 71.79K)

Say what you like about Kusoge Itchybum, but his main theme is a fucking BANGER
youtu.be/gmLrJTpOx4A?t=228

3 basically cemented a shit ton of tropes that would nearly ruin the series for years to come.

>follow this person to eavesdrop within this radius!
>chase this person (by chase we mean run an obstacle course behind them until you're allowed by the devs to reach the point you're supposed to catch up to them) ad no you can't shoot them even though you logically should be able to just shoot them in the back
>context sensitive overlapping retardation with the free-run and other things
>main missions that consist of complete asinine bullshit (play hide and seek as a child, ride around knocking on doors)
>context sensitive attacking, meaning the devs are limiting your player experience so fucking much that you literally can't even swing your weapon without their permission, hitting the attack button just has Connor twirl the axe around

Seething anglocuck

>hitting the attack button just has Connor twirl the axe around
Reminds me of that glitch in Rogue where you could keep your collar up/ assassin's hood on by doing the weapon twirl thing while leaving a restricted area. Had lots of fun with that trick.

>game replaces combat system with a massively inferior one

stunning the same pursuer and using a crowd camo and smoke bomb combo made being a sneaky prey so fun back then, I still wish they kept the multiplayer after black flag instead of the co up focus in unity

You're hoenstly correct all the groundwork for an absolute kino story was there. It really needed more focus.
Haytham was the best AC villian and we should have spent more time with him. Also would have loved a scene where Connor publicly denounces the Amercian revolutionaries as hypocrites and opportunists and is made a public enemy before going after Charles Lee. I think Ubisoft was hoenstly afraid of blowback for their anti-American imperialist themes and only took a half measure. This is reflected in the gameplay where even at the end 90% of you you fight and kill are Brits. A sequence where Connor evacuates his tribe west as the US forces attack would have been a fitting bookend to the game as well.

Attached: images.jpg (215x170, 5.96K)

>hitting the attack button just has Connor twirl the axe around
That was great though. The fact that they removed that is some bullshit.

Attached: Metalgear2boxart.jpg (265x375, 24.36K)

>Ubisoft creates a grounded, believable, assassin with flaws
>retards unhappy they can't live out their fantasy wish fulfillment playing a happy go lucky Han Solo archetype, as a natvive american during colonial america
>"wahhh wahhh, why's he so rude to Sam Adams? wahhh wahhh, he's not smiling or making wise cracks all the time"
>doesn't play the side missions which give depth to his character and highlight he's the nicest, most selfless hero in the whole series.
>all subsequent protagonists are now just some shade of mister cool guy Ezio
I hate all of you. When will gaming grow the fuck up? At least ubisoft made fun of you retards with that abstergo video in ACIV.

Unity is the ONLY entry with good gameplay. I say this as massive fanboy of Ezio games coming back to them recently and realizing just about every other entry is shit. They might have a better story but the gameplay is worse than Unity in every other entry. Mostly on account of being way too easy

Who cares, connor was boring

Connor had the best design and most badass fighting style in the whole series. And why do the animations in AC3 still look 10x better than those in Odyssey?

Attached: CorruptDisguisedAssassinbug.webm (1280x720, 2.26M)

origins and odyssey are low effort filler cashgrabs designed to sell microtransactions

WHERE

IS

>the ac series still sticks to the animus shit
>the by far worst and least liked part of the entire series

Attached: 1414600250750.gif (220x212, 2.57M)

because the earlier AC games were more animation based than the newer ones (origin and odyssey). combat looked better when it was just pressing B and X, sometimes Y, but now combat is a bit deeper but looks more generic

CHARLES

You answered your own question.

its only gotten worse too. Desmond was at least okay, the new bitch has less charisma than a bag of gravel, i started skipping her cutscenes in origins and didnt regret it

It doesn't matter if a plot is good if it's acted out by annoying pre-schoolers.

Unity had the best combat though and that also looked amazing. But I don't know why moving around and climbing has to look so much worse now than it did back then.

Attached: SillyGenerousElephantbeetle-mobile_VP8.webm (640x360, 1.96M)

I partially agree, Unity was my favorite but i dont think the combat was the best. it was just a faster paced version of the combat from the previous games cuz everyone died quicker (including you). as for moving and climbing, i think it just looks bad now because the locations they are choosing, they arent the crowded urban environments of AC's in the past and movement mostly involves running on flat lands. if the next AC is norse, it will be by far the worst in terms of climbing and movement