Super Mario Bros Z: TMNK edition

>The Koopa Bros will first appear in the second episode of the reboot
I guess the Yoshi's Island episode will be coming even sooner than we thought, get ready lads

Nu-Episode 2 previews:
twitter.com/AlvinSmbz/status/1227998034891563011
twitter.com/AlvinSmbz/status/1225742901650563073
twitter.com/AlvinSmbz/status/1225400862924845060

Nu-nu-Episode 1(Yes, Alvin remade it again):
youtube.com/watch?v=HoHb38ROGVU

4K remaster of the original series:
youtube.com/watch?v=O6zkGU3-OVI

Attached: Teenage Mutant Ninja Koopas.png (586x390, 256.32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HoHb38ROGVU
youtube.com/watch?v=1zDuJxM99IQ
youtube.com/watch?v=U4Efq9rCs_M
youtube.com/watch?v=NBK0stoukBQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Xd0Zi_IgO9I
youtube.com/watch?v=QAe5zShBbT0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

how long you think he’ll make it this time?

It's shocking that we're even getting an episode 2.

He seems to be posting lots of updates so that’s good. If he loses motivation or something comes up again. Then I’d just give up on the series. Hopefully he can reach Yoshi island, I like the progress so far.

I'm betting he'll get to the second last episode before taking forever to finish. His other arcs will be cancelled

He'll lose steam halfway through working on episode 3. This guy just doesn't have it in him anymore.

He's cutting Basilix. What a fag.

He's not cutting him, he's just reintroducing him for later.

Mecha Sonic destroying Yoshi's Island still give me the chills, god, what a good episode.

He's not cutting him, he's handling him differently.

He won't quit if we keep badgering him and giving him monies

>Nu-nu-Episode 1(Yes, Alvin remade it again):
>youtube.com/watch?v=HoHb38ROGVU
Wow i was genuinely so bored.
He's trying WAYYY too hard now with the sense of plot and direction. It lost all its charm and drags on for way too long. He needs to keep it simple, why the hell is he trying to add emotional depth to this?
It's fucking Mario and Sonic mixed with DBZ, the only seriousness of the plot should have been the genuine threat of mecha sonic. That part with Luigi defending Mario was fucking cringe. And the action is so much slower and full of gimmicks. Camera is way too zoomed in. The constant switching from high fidelity drawings and back to regular sprites. Fucks sake Alvin, this was supposed to be FUN not your serious attempt at your own anime.

>pretty cool three way battle between the protags, koopa bros, and axem rangers
>mecha sonic just knocks out the koopa bros, systemically exterminates the axem rangers in a minute, then begins powering up to destroy the island
>mario gives luigi shit for being scared
I don't blame Luigi one bit

Attached: 1560723876159.jpg (900x965, 115.45K)

Will Sonic do any Quicksilver/Flash bullshit?

Settle down let the man work. Also you're not a teenie anymore. If you aren't equipping nostalgia googles then this whole series is pretty cringe with good animation

The best part was
>GAME OVER, MARIO

Attached: 1583592435543.jpg (130x234, 6.13K)

He did it with Mecha in episode 7
youtube.com/watch?v=1zDuJxM99IQ

>Settle down let the man work
the fuck? Am I stopping him?
>Also you're not a teenie anymore. If you aren't equipping nostalgia googles then this whole series is pretty cringe with good animation
I can watch the older ones and feel 0 cringe, still goosebumps in some moments.

You can tell before he was just having fun with sprite animation and his love of the series he's mixing together. Here it seems like he's genuinely attempting something serious, riding off the SMBZ name. It's no wonder it took so long for us to even get anything new from him. He stopped having fun with it and it's now "work". He also should have just fucking continued the series instead of restarting, twice. Old SMBZ was good, really good. Just continue, and return to it being fun and loose. A show off a CURAZYYY combos and ideas. Not this super serious close up shit.

your a fag

No, YOU'RE a fag. This shit ain't Kino. It's trying way too hard. I bet he'll never bring back the glory that was Episode 6 if this is the direction its going in. Instead of the long continuous stream of ass whooping and creative combos from every direction, it'll be a bunch of close ups and overly dramatic moments. The "flow" is lost and has been replaced with a cringey attempt at creating drama.

lmao change your pissy poo poo diapers already, stinky. No one cares

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-08-28 at 11.21.07 AM.png (1146x1422, 1.72M)

While this is close it's not quite bullshit since Sonic had to charge it up.

Well it is called the LIGHTspeed attack for a reason

>tfw just managed to do the synchronized spindash supers in the fighting game against the CPU

Attached: 1534465632336.gif (300x262, 1.84M)

See, I have the exact opposite opinion to you
I can't look at half of the dialogue from the original version without visibly cringing, ESPECIALLY during the fucking Minus World episode, but I find the reboot's dialogue a little more charming.
Maybe it's because of the better animation, maybe it's because Alvin's placing less emphasis on edginess in favor of M&L-style comedy, I'm not sure, I don't know
But seriously, the dialogue used to be mediocre at best, the worst part of the series by far

I think you're absolutely right about the fights in the reboot missing that constant, non-stop "flow", and Alvin playing around a bit too much with the camera angles, but technically the fights are so much better made than the old ones, and the old episode 2 fight wasn't nearly as good as the reboot version of it, with all the added touches and fleshing out they did.

>I bet he'll never bring back the glory that was Episode 6
>The "flow" is lost
You mean like that time Mecha fought Axem Red and they stopped the whole fight mid-air just to have a chat for 5 minutes?

>He's trying WAYYY too hard now with the sense of plot and direction. It lost all its charm and drags on for way too long.
It always dragged way on outside of the fights, I'm glad these bits are better now.

Came here just to agree.

Attached: INCOMPETANT MORONS.png (1142x220, 534.63K)

Heheheheheh...you mean the stones of might?

While I'd be happy to see some ToP shenanigans, I think we should hold off on that kind of crazy shit till the very end of the series. Like when he has no more ideas. We're somewhere between HxH and Tao Pai Pai arc dragon ball tiers of power. No need to have only a few characters actually be able to do shit. The fact that Luigi and Yoshi could realistically take out Mecha Sonic with the right tools or planning is amazing to me. I don't want it to become pure power levels just yet.

Attached: 1575594579314.png (1024x1004, 1.94M)

Someone in another thread mentioned power levels are pretty static besides power ups, and that it’s actually nice cause then you dont have power level escalation problems. Even chaos emeralds work more like power ups and people who would otherwise be sidesmacked like koopa bros can become a legit threat with one. When super sayin shit is tied to an item it can be gained and lost at any time which makes things way more dynamic.

Hopefully this will all allow for escalation without sidelining once-relevant characters for being too weak. They can just get killed off instead.

>Stuffwell dies protecting Luigi or Shadow

Attached: 1580423687246.jpg (683x642, 75.64K)

So how exactly were/are the star spirits going to fit in all this?

Was it originally going to be Mario and co. wandering the lands finding the stars after they lost all the Chaos Emeralds?

Attached: starspirits.png (961x667, 1.11M)

Pretty much yeah. Mecha would get all Emeralds, ascend into his final form, and the gang would have to find the Star Spirits to keep up.

Oh god what is this thread

Any anons with the link to the SMBZ game?

Pure kino, that's what it is

I said characrers who were once-relevant.

Nobody gives a shit about stuffwell.

DIE

Attached: kino.gif (438x324, 2.93M)

Its weird how this series keeps coming back into my life one way or another after more than a decade since I started watching it. I still get goosebumps when I think of Mecha Sonic shouting, "I'LL CRUSH YOU!" and The Doomsday remix by Project Chaos starts playing. I can never seem to let it go just from the fact that the original ended on a cliffhanger when the action kept getting better and the story had so much more to go through. I guess what I want is just closure cause I know that had he continued with the series, or if he truly goes forward with this remake, it will definitely be pure kino.

Attached: AdorableLimpingAlligatorgar-size_restricted.gif (327x251, 3.89M)

That team battle on the island will never be topped and shueisha should be fucking killing themselves for not incorporating anything as crazy for DBS. Tournament of Power was still mostly just 1v1 or 2v2 but they only fight one opponent each. SMBZ had a way of making it a fuckhuge brawl with fighters crossing over each other, constantly changing their opponents, team attacks, everybody nuking one guy or one guy fucking everybody up at once.

Cooler's soundclips really do fit Mecha Sonic very well. For some reason I think it'll be a bit more out of place on Metallix.

Static power levels is a really great idea. Its all about leveraging power ups and no boring training arcs.

Basilisx definitely cheated

Everyone loves the threeway yoshi island battle, and I do too, but I think the doomship raid is better. There's a real sense of progression to the battle, as they fight from one end of the ship to the other. Plus, there's fire sonic.

And everyone gets stoned with Luigi kino

It was definitely a lot shorter than I remember it being

It's better on a technical level, but you can't top iconic moments like this.

Attached: I'LL CRUSH YOU.webm (912x636, 1.53M)

Island fight is my favorite but the first koopa bros battle is really underrated.

What does the Metallix sprite look like?

>Metallix grabs all of the emeralds and transforms
>his super form is just mecha sonic
IMAGINE

I think one thing people forget about is that on a first watch on newgrounds back then, there was no progress bar to show how much time was left in an episode. Any first time viewer would’ve expected the episode to end basically as mecha shows up, but then you not only see him stomp the axems, the heroes fight him too and you see the island arc end. I think this one was probably close to double the length of the episodes before it, and without the progress bar you dont know that going in. The whole climax felt like an unexpected bonus back then.

Also wasn’t this the episode where he found some work around to have flash play with more frames than usual or be longer than usual or something? There was some kind of technical workaround.

Attached: mecha sonic.png (517x291, 66.63K)

Anyone else here remembers Sonic's Quest for Power or Sonic the Swordsman?

Seems a lot less cool, honestly.

The body is fine but I do miss the glowing monoeye and giant backspikes.

Bring back the shades.

Honestly just giving him Mecha Sonic's "eyes" would improve it more. Those were cool as fuck

I still laugh at the over 9000 joke in episode 6 just because of the pacman scouter

Attached: 1394240839222.png (458x438, 176.11K)

youtube.com/watch?v=U4Efq9rCs_M
youtube.com/watch?v=NBK0stoukBQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Xd0Zi_IgO9I

Reposting the OMM matches in case anyone else hasn't seen them, including Bowser vs. Eggman cause even if it's early, it still sets stuff up for the following matches.
Also I never noticed before but Mecha's appearance uses the same mix of Doomsday zone from when he goes Super, as in the animators had to stitch together the Genesis and Project Chaos versions. That's dedication.

I can't wait to find out that he's actually Megaman X.

youtube.com/watch?v=QAe5zShBbT0

That would be cool as shit. X and Zero should join the main SMBZ crew, then we can get true Mid-2000s Newgrounds Animation.

They will show up in the tournament of power arc