Beat SH2 for the first time last night. Fucking great game, really sticks with you plus the soundtrack is great

Beat SH2 for the first time last night. Fucking great game, really sticks with you plus the soundtrack is great.

youtube.com/watch?v=4LCl2_DK6QU

Attached: 81ZX5lWqQKL._SL1500_.jpg (1110x1500, 207.31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/K-iR7Bo0PzU
mega.nz/#!bVUCTJzD!PmnPw4S7fWGyvTjw9S0-RQdk7rRp2BQNuXJqRkZCZvk
mega.nz/#!rFcj1SIJ!47JH9M4OrzmQKuaiJ6IqUgmgz_SVNtk4LIYNSa-D-_8
mega.nz/#!bYcEnbhC!rYnhvcJiRC46T6yExS0Y61JHZ-5N3WxFvfZMI8xbyhE
widescreenfix.townofsilenthill.com/SH2/
youtu.be/fFVwI487ORo
mega.nz/#!2JNkgJ7b!nfPf5cIs6I5K-sdAs7RcnHvGA2hAvIGdpQuIoBhF3iE
mega.nz/#!GVVGRLpD!SyklVbuLIkc38ZYji5QL3sWHKtHt9-Bto700My8pH7c
mega.nz/#!Us1XTaII!cglH0dZOaH5yQEm4cnEh3eyUz4bIf6rACQqcVzkb4Hc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What ending you get

SH 2 is my personal favorite. James is a monster.

The "In Water" Ending is by far the best monologue in gaming at that time. If not ever.

Now play homecoming. 2nd best game in the franchise.

Attached: 437C40C3-1D75-494A-8B91-9764EFC3E93E.jpg (1058x596, 299.6K)

Congrats OP.
Which ending, and what difficulty modes did ya use? Did you play SH1 already?

Obviously you really should replay the game a few times. Goes with all the SH titles.

Go back to bed, Todd.

it could be better user
youtu.be/K-iR7Bo0PzU

SH2 really is a fantastic experience. Handles story themes that few, if any, other game would ever dare to handle, and does so with maturity and intelligence. Top tier shit.

Attached: AngelaKnife2.png (1200x720, 1.08M)

1 > 2 > 3 > 4 > Shattered Memories > Homecoming > Any other garbage they did

Really good game, i just wish the enemies were faster and more aggresive, and also that it didn't give you so much ammo and health drinks. Not as tense or hard as 1, 3 and 4 imo.

yikes

Wow, my own clone!
Now neither of us will be virgins!

Attached: harry thumbs up_2.png (546x546, 346.08K)

Imagine pretending to prefer any other title before 2, silly larping contrarian

>i just wish the enemies were faster and more aggresive
Just switch to HARD mode, and you can't even get close to a Lying Figure with your flashlight on.
But yeah, SH2 is quite a babby moodo in comparison. One reason it's so popular newbie title.

Imagine having such a sheep mentality that you can't appreciate Silent Hill 1 as the superior game

Maybe try actually playing SH1 before you post.

>Silent Hill thread
Great! Time to re-post the SH PC Guide + DL links! If someone has updated the guide, pls post!

SH1 NTSC DDL:
mega.nz/#!bVUCTJzD!PmnPw4S7fWGyvTjw9S0-RQdk7rRp2BQNuXJqRkZCZvk

SH2 DDL:
mega.nz/#!rFcj1SIJ!47JH9M4OrzmQKuaiJ6IqUgmgz_SVNtk4LIYNSa-D-_8

SH2 torrent:
mega.nz/#!bYcEnbhC!rYnhvcJiRC46T6yExS0Y61JHZ-5N3WxFvfZMI8xbyhE

>SH2 PC fixes site:
widescreenfix.townofsilenthill.com/SH2/
>SH2:EE installation tutorial video:
youtu.be/fFVwI487ORo
SH3 DDL:
mega.nz/#!2JNkgJ7b!nfPf5cIs6I5K-sdAs7RcnHvGA2hAvIGdpQuIoBhF3iE

SH3 torrent:
mega.nz/#!GVVGRLpD!SyklVbuLIkc38ZYji5QL3sWHKtHt9-Bto700My8pH7c

SH4 DDL:
mega.nz/#!Us1XTaII!cglH0dZOaH5yQEm4cnEh3eyUz4bIf6rACQqcVzkb4Hc

Mount the ISOs of 2 & 3, and then run their installers like always.
DON'T use W10's own virtual disc app! It will not work.
Don't install under C:\Program Files\ ! This will cause issues.
The "Enhanced .EXE" is also the no-CD crack!

The SH1 is a PS1 rip that you gotta emulate using ePSXe or PCSX-R.
Follow the SH2 Enhanced Edition homepage's instructions to the T, and you should be fine.
For SH3 & 4, check the Guide.

>Protips
-Play in the release order.
-Never play below Normal difficulty! Especially in case of #2!
-Replaying them all is recommended; tons of replay value.
-Turn down the ingame Brightness setting, for better gamma & colors!
-Don't try to kill everything that moves, especially outdoors. Leg it, or sneak!
-Turning OFF the flashlight can really help w/ stealth!

Attached: SH PC Guide 20th October 2019 v2,31.png (1281x6118, 1.08M)

Sorry kid, but SH1 is still the quintessential AND the greatest game in the whole series.
In fact, it's one of the greatest survival-horror games, period. Only the REmake gets close to it.

you have to go back, zoomers

Attached: yqco1XO.png (436x677, 319.24K)

I love 2, but the original is still an incredible horror title.

leave ending, thought it was pretty good I liked it

Normal difficulty for both game and riddles. Got the leave ending, planning to replay it soon to get the in water ending.

It's fairly easy, although Hard mode can be a challenge, especially with some of the bosses like Eddie. i actually prefer SH4 in a lot of ways.

Attached: Tomm hulett intensifies 400%.gif (240x375, 66.82K)

it's too depressing for normies to handle, though.

>still cant download and play a game in 2020
no one likes pc gaming ass hole

i'm forcing myself to play it cause they say it's good and i can see it but i'm such a pussy that the game is too scary and is so fucking stressful that i have to stop every twenty minutes and it's not a really fun experience

There truly is no cure for the brain damage in this board

OP here do have a question, did angela kill her father and brother? There was a newspaper that mentioned a lumberjack killed and says his name was Thomas Oro....

I remember the first time I beat it
was pretty disappointed with how it was, thought SH1 was better

faggots

Attached: 14903827495.png (370x448, 102.2K)

do keep going, the story was easily the best part of it and seeing what happens with all the characters further in is worth the wait

1>3>2
I haven't played 4 in like 10 years but my memories of it are fonder than my memories of 2

>this game is almost 20 years old.
time flew by in the blink of an eye. I'm older than James was in the events of the game.

Is it alright to start with 3?

Heather was such a great character. I just wish she was used in a better story. Weakest Team Silent story by far

Liking homecoming puts me on a higher wavelength than you weebs

SH4 was the only good one

ehhhhhhhhh you can but you'll be missing several story beats if you didn't play 1
2 is pretty much entirely self-contained though

3 is a direct sequel to 1 so you should play 1 first.

I mean, if you want to
but it's best to just play them in order

3 is a direct sequel to the original. Just start with SH1, it aged great for a 20 year old game.

>haha dude suicide lmao so tragic best writing ever its so bittersweet and deep
leave is the most appropriate ending for the game and anyone saying otherwise (especially fucking In Water) is a brainlet trying desperately to be intelligent

Based thank you user. Been meaning to play 2-4 very soon so I'll download all these now.

i've only played silent hill for an hour or less a few years ago. is this a game where you need to look up a walkthrough to know where to go next?

Yes her father raped her, her brother was in on it, her mother left, and she ultimately killed them both and burned the house down. Thats why she ended up in silent hill, she was both a PTSD ridden rape victim and was on the run from killing her brother and father. Also why she was running around looking for her mom

It's definitely the most brilliant one imo. One of the most unique survival horror game out there.

>is this a game where you need to look up a walkthrough to know where to go next?
depends on how much of a smoothbrain you are

>Is it alright to start with 3?
NO.
You absolutely NEED to play at least SH1 first!
No buts.

I know she killed her dad. Brother isn’t made clear.
Wow this guy sounds based

Did you get stuck on some areas like the Piano puzzle? Just follow your map, it basically tells you where to go and which areas are inaccessible.

>Is it alright to start with 3?
It is not. Why the fuck would you want to skip the first two games, that are some of the greatest titles ever?
Release order = best order.

>is this a game where you need to look up a walkthrough to know where to go next?
No.
I was literally 12, had no internet connection, and not a native English-speaker either, and I played through it just fine back in the days. The game showers you with hints and clear objectives.

>I'm soldier if i believe hard enough

Leave is bad tho????

Attached: ScarletForm2.png (1920x1080, 828.13K)

I got that the father and brother were sexually abusive, the room where the angela boss was had cylinders inside of flesh like holes. shit was rough man. poor angela :(

Attached: 16A5862D-CC4D-49F0-AE89-DEC891894CA9.png (1334x750, 506.42K)

I still wonder how Homecoming has worse looking character models than Team Silent's PS2-era games. They really were wizards, imagine what they could have done with PS3/360 tech.

The uncanny nature of the character models was meant to instill unease and confusion in the player. Clearly it has worked.

Unless you're no-joke illiterate and have no short-term memory, no. The game outright tells you what to do, nonstop.

Having great artistic skills does not require wizardry, just dedication and skill.

Attached: sh2 - this is no time to be looking at a stupid poster.png (464x691, 412.94K)

it worked so well nobody wants to play it

I play it