Phat or Slim?

Phat or Slim?

Attached: IMG_2732.jpg (1200x1200, 274.1K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/A6gtmGw2
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Phat for the hard drive bay

slim is more kino. that applies to every playstation btw

Gamer mode

phat

slim if you are a gamer
fat if you are a gaymer

Fat. Slim has some problems

Phat. Running games off of the hdd was fucking magical when I discovered it. Also Linux if you're into that kind of shit.

fat, you can't put a hard drive with all your games on it in the slim

phat looks so much better

Attached: 1521906380907.jpg (1920x3419, 3M)

FACT: there is not a single hardware slimming revision which wasn't worse than the original big version.

PS2, DS, the list goes on

Attached: african culinary school.jpg (537x1787, 172.77K)

The Phat is a sexy machine. Kind of surprised they managed to fit a console in the Slim though as it's pretty small.

You fucking high? The DS Lite is the best version of all DSs.

I want to do this so I can load games from the HDD. I ripped out my old XBOX hard drive to test it with that, but I can't get it to read off the computer.

Literally built for BBC.
big black console

Attached: zxcvb.jpg (750x600, 63.67K)

can someone explain how she's even a 'star" who listens to her garbage music

DS Phat had far nicer buttons/d-pad. It's only problem was it didn't have the Lite's backlight.

>what is xbox one s

>DS

Nigga please. The original phat ds screen is garbage and not bright enough. DS lite and XL were so much better since you can see the colors in the games much better.

Attached: unnamed.jpg (512x300, 47.89K)

Slim
That motorized disc tray is a problem waiting to happen, doubly so with twenty year old hardware.
I also actually own all my games so the lack of an hdd bay is a non issue.

I always got a kick out of these xbox images.
They brought it on themselves.

Attached: Huge-Xbox.jpg (534x393, 41.25K)

phat until it breaks then begrudgingly slim

i really like the DSi

>3DS got a big version later on in its cycle thats vetter than original
>2DS too

Phat, for HDD with SATA upgrade for a sweet SSD

PS3 slim

>b-b-but muh backwards compatibility
Yeah that's nice, but I prefer having hardware that isn't guaranteed to fry itself to death while sounding like a goddamn jet engine

Attached: ps3grill.jpg (561x484, 142.79K)

Nigger, just buy an old sata hdd off ebay or a thrift shop.

I wrote a pastebin on how to softmod a phat ps2 and use the hard drive to lauch games
I should really rewrite it to be desu
check disk management tho

pastebin.com/A6gtmGw2

Slim is shit. If you do the tape mod, then over time the sensors will be unstable and not work correctly. Look it up if you don't believe me. I never broke or damaged my console, and every time I'd turn it on it'd shut off in 5 secs without fail. The back sensor was fucked and was not fixable. You hear stories of people who don't even mod their consoles, and they have to add a book or something on the top of the lid, so the thing would work or not turn off.

you know that the xbox is bound to the hdd and you hace now a brick?

WHY WOULD YOU EVER CHOOSE A FAT PS4 OVER A SLIM

WHATTTT

>he doesn't want to 40-point solder one into a slim

the ps2 is such an ugly looking console

I would consider the GBA SP a slimmer model

>xbox hueg
>ps3 grill
God, I want to go back to 2007. Also, is that video of a dude frying an egg on an 360 true?

>Also, is that video of a dude frying an egg on an 360 true?
IDK, probably. As for the PS3, last year I picked up a secondary PS3 for 5 bucks. It was an original launch model fat, and even after completely disassembling the thing, reapplying thermal paste, and the works, it still ran hot as fuck.

Especially the internal power supply. The fucker is huge and it gets hot enough to burn your hand. You could definitely fry an egg on that thing.

PS2 is a work of art. Hopefully PS5 isn't a monstrosity like the XBSEX

like what?

Never owned one, but did the slim have disc read errors?

iirc there's an entire guide for best PS2 models and I believe most phat are pretty terrible

no

Like the PSP, you have to do some heavy research because the PS2s are all pretty different.

i had one that did

Fat for that hard drive

The SCPH-3900x is where the laser got better, and is very reliable overall. Its only disadvantage is that it's loud, especially with the HDD.

The SCPH-5000x is the best for DVDs. It has a built-in infrared laser, and supports 480p by default for DVDs (older models require a homebrew driver). It's also whisper-quiet. It lacks the i-link port from the older models though, so you'll lose that feature. It also has an issue where the laser coil burns up and stops HDD access, but given the working:broken ratio on eBay, it doesn't seem to be a massive issue.

If you opt for a slim, you'l lose HDD support, but I'd recommend the SCPH-700xx. It has the same support for PS1 games as the fat PS2s. It does have the same laser coil issue as the SCPH-5000x though (every other slim doesn't). It can also be modded for a HDD, but again, if you want that you'd be better off just buying a fat.

Above all else stay away from the SCPH-9000x with a date code of 8C or later. FreeMCBoot doesn't work on those, aside from some 8C consoles.

I have both and I usually use the slim, never had problems with it. Is the phat really worth it for the hard drive? I'm more or a physical fag desu.

Attached: DQUGb1QUIAAYU9s.jpg (1200x1200, 265.24K)

Big boy+HDD for FFXI

My friends had it and it would boot games almost immeditely compared to the phat. My phat only had disc errors because I used an old ass Matrix chip so I can't comment on that.

Imagine owning one PS2 in current year, let alone two. Fix your hoarding tendencies user.

Don't all Phats have native PS1 chips inside of them? That's a pretty major win for me, especially with the HDD

>dude just throw out your console for the next
Nah

>not having 2 PS2s
Next you're gonna say I shouldn't own 3 PS3s?

Attached: pstriple.jpg (480x360, 11.38K)

>Phat
>HDD
>Modem
>Resident Evil Outbreak

I miss this so much it hurts.

slim for the RJ45 port

Attached: file.png (1008x756, 1.14M)

Now this is a blast from the past.

>poorfag only owns 1 PS2

Attached: 72954a815c47d49f7fa5c20d3133ac78.jpg (600x800, 42.39K)

Is having an HDD really all that necessary? I have a PS2 slim with free mcboot and a stack of burned DVDs that suits me just fine.

Slim is prettier, but you have to go through some serious soldering to connect hdd to it. Fucking sony not giving better usb.

How much should I pay for a PS3?
I want to play digital games from the Playstation Store

What's the white thing? Some sort of NAS?

less than $70 unless it's a hackable firmware

slim with free mcboot. forget everything else.

I have the phat, it's better to connect the ps2 into a network attached storage and load the games from there rather than an old IDE disk drive.

i have a slim with a chip. emulation with higher res and widescreen hax is better

>hackable firmware
I don't think I'll need that, I'm mainly looking to buy cheap PS3 digital games

Doesn't sound better. Sounds better to get a sata to IDE adapter if you care that much.

From my experience: Jak X has a saving issue and the slim is stingy with what third party PS1 memory cards it'll recognize.

Guys my nba street v3 wont boot up it just hangs at loading, i hooked up ps2 only to play this :(