The big redpill is that this is better than FFVII

The big redpill is that this is better than FFVII.

Attached: 1572216277703.jpg (640x1103, 69.4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/cqmWcrkII1g
youtube.com/watch?v=giA5H_wKjPI
youtube.com/watch?v=KBgFcAhcvOk
youtube.com/watch?v=Y2OE8npWsm0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

youtu.be/cqmWcrkII1g

It really isn't.
It has nice music and some good emotional moments, but that's it.

Crisis core
Main
Advent children
Dirge of cerberus

Can anyone help me to put them in chronological order plz

The biggest redpill is that this is actually the most overrated thing about the entire FFVII franchise.

That's already the correct order.

It definitely has a better protagonist.

The rich, scarlett red pill is that Genesis is the best character in the FF7 universe

high chance that if they fuck anything up in VII, this will make up for it

>muh goddess
>muh loveless
>muh dumbapples

No shit lol

I actually like Crisis Core and Advent Children more than the main FF7 game

Everything about this game except Genisis was pure kino

Attached: b6225c34c8738fd56d12ef2ed43c691422704771-full.png (944x527, 259.57K)

Then why did you ask?

I think Before Crisis starts before Crisis Core but ends roughly around the same time as Crisis Core.

Cid:
"Yeah? Really? Well, that's fine."
"They've been doin' that play every summer since I was a kid."
"An' I remember seein' it just once..."
"That was when I was in Midgar interviewing to be a pilot."
"I had some free time and thought I'd catch the play."
"Now, I'm no big fan of the theater or anything."
"But this thing put me to sleep, just like I thought it would."
"Finally during the last scene, the guy next to me woke me up
tellin' me my snorin' was too loud."
"So about all I really remember of that play is the end..."
"The sister of the lead asks her lover,"
Cid:
"Do you really have to leave?"
Cid:
"And the guy says,"
Cid:
"I promised. The people I love are waiting."
Cid:
"......I don't understand. Not at all. But...... please take care
of yourself."
Cid:
"Of course... I'll come back to you. Even if you don't promise to
wait. I'll return knowing that you'll be here."
Cid:
"I remember thinking when I heard those lines,"
"*&%! What the hell's he talkin' about? But, you know... now I'm
not so sure..."
"I think I understand......"

Attached: 8823402.jpg (240x210, 5.58K)

Not as long as Gackt and Hollander are in it.

The biggest of redpill is that the US commercial is better than the Japanese one.
youtube.com/watch?v=giA5H_wKjPI
youtube.com/watch?v=KBgFcAhcvOk

GATA-GOTO CHU-CHU TETSU-MUSU
youtube.com/watch?v=Y2OE8npWsm0

Zack's death is clownish anime bullshit, its hamfisted emotional manipulation that completely misses the point of his death in the original game just like everything else in the compilation

Attached: hqdefault (1).jpg (480x360, 19.12K)

This. CC is typical low tier anime trash in terms of writing.

It would be, if they left out shit-tier characters like Angeal, Lazard, Cissnei and Genesis. As well as didn't take agency away from Sephiroth by having limpdick Genesis convince him to lose his mind.

>over 100 quests but THEY ARE ALL THE SAME
>clunky controls
>unable to skip cutscenes
>Normal is too easy, Hard is too hard
>Damage sponge bosses with unavoidable attacks
>random character and materia level ups
>UNABLE TO SKIP CUTSCENES, and worst of all, they're long
This game would be so much fucking better with just the slightest of tweaks.
How come no one has made a Skip Cutscene mod?

>greatest_lovestory_ever_told.png

WHAT DO ANGELS DREAM OF? THE DUMBAPPLES, ZACK!

This is so good, why did the writing become so abysmal in ff games when it was once so perfect, the fuck happened

Attached: 1572636962799.jpg (600x600, 41.91K)

The actual red pill is no longer being 14 and realizing this game is 80% trash

>NOOOOOOO ITS TOO HAMMY AND ANIME MAKE IT LIKE THE ORIGINAL WHERE IT WAS MORE GRITTY AND GRIMDARK
>NOOOOOOOOOO THE ARTSTYLE IS TOO REALISTIC IT NEEDS TOO LOOK LIKE SMASH
I'll never understand these fucks. There's no pleasing them. Also Zack's death in FF7 was completely fucking rushed and it wasn't even in the original version. Crisis core still isn't good but the ending was still cool

Not even close, and it's changes to the story further ruined the world and point of FFVII. We didn't need to see anything about Zack. Fuck Genesis and Angela, btw. Shittiest retcons ever.

Why did they hide this segment

The only good thing about this game was Zack. I love that dork.

Attached: 1562282051796.jpg (300x300, 21.11K)

The ultimate redpill is that Jessie is the new best girl

Attached: jessie dildo cropped.webm (1202x422, 822.84K)

FFVII's interpretation at least didn't have cringe anime bullshit.

for the love of god SOURCE

Attached: 3.png (516x286, 229.8K)

I thought Angeal itself was alright, but the whole Jenova clone stuff with him and Genesis was dumb. Also the gameplay was mediocre.

The point of Zack's death is that he died like a dog because he helped a stranger. It's tragic and unfair, but that was the point.

In Crisis Core Zack is an anime superhero who takes on an army, dies in the arms of his bestest friend who he then passes on the Buster Sword to before ascending to heaven, its sappy bullshit that completely misunderstands everything the original game was about.

my buddy was literally talking about this yesterday. said it's preddy good only shame is that it's psp only

smug isildur face

Yeah but the same people who constantly bitch about cringe anime bullshit in Crisis core also want more cringe anime bullshit in the remake which includes the original art with shitty proportions and all

>In Crisis Core Zack is an anime superhero who takes on an army, dies in the arms of his bestest friend who he then passes on the Buster Sword to before ascending to heaven, its sappy bullshit that completely misunderstands everything the original game was about.
The original game had a no name grunt get an anime powerup from rage and throw the best SOLDIER that ever lived into a reactor after being impaled. Not saying CC's writing was good but the ending was the least of its problems, specially compared to VII.

All Cloud did was stab a guy in the back while he was distracted, and then fight through the pain of a stab wound to toss someone into a pit

That you think this is "bad writing" is because you think Sephiroth should have been flipping around and cutting buildings in half, because you cant separate the compilation from the original game anymore

Attached: Sephiroth_Final_BossFFVII.png (360x450, 60.59K)

I don't really like when people do sexual things with the FF7 characters so can you delete this please

>All Cloud did was stab a guy in the back while he was distracted, and then fight through the pain of a stab wound to toss someone into a pit
>and then fight through the pain of a stab wound to toss someone into a pit
Yeah it's not a big deal at all.
>That you think this is "bad writing" is because you think Sephiroth should have been flipping around and cutting buildings in half, because you cant separate the compilation from the original game anymore
Like that time he oneshots a dragon in the original game? I didn't call it bad writing, I'm just saying VII was always over the top. The only reason you didn't see it is because it was a turn based JRPG.

>Like that time he oneshots a dragon in the original game?
Do you think it really happened?

Attached: 1583590131980.jpg (738x720, 117.18K)

Sexualized characters is one of the pillars of FFVII's enduring legacy.

>NOOOO THE SEQUEL TO THIS FUCKING ANIME GAME IS ANIME AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA MY HEAD IS GOING TO EXPLODE ITS RUINING THE CANON OF MY JAPANESE CHILDRENS VIDEO GAME AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 1578452630669.jpg (636x718, 59.76K)

>It's Japanese so that means it has to have low-tier shounen cliches

Attached: 1583488129745.jpg (362x371, 70.63K)

Name a single Final Fantasy game that isn't filled to the brim with them. You fucking can't. You can pick anything to complain about, Crisis Core has tons of flaws, but you choose to be a fucking drooling idiot and complain about something that is a trademark of the entire series.

Attached: 1575696456261.jpg (1457x835, 177.4K)

FF I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII

Attached: 1583445100786.png (544x572, 223.94K)

FF7 is the best one because it's the most thematically mature and coherent game in the series that isnt afraid to gut punch the player with genuine tragedy and despair. The compilation tries to cut all that out in favor of hamfisted fanservice, ridiculous action and shallow emotional positive reinforcement that is directly contradictory to everything that made 7 special.

Attached: AerithDies610.jpg (610x343, 46.87K)

All of those have tons of cliches in them. Maybe Final Fantasy isn't the series for you?

Attached: 1578207454835.jpg (1242x1512, 1.63M)

Nah. The biggest red pill is that FF8 is better than 7.

I think they're going to do it to the remake too, with Shinra blowing the reactor and all

I liked only VI and VII, never played IX

Attached: 1583438381611.jpg (640x640, 84.2K)

ahem

Attached: 1583291783485.gif (540x300, 3.21M)

dang, I was expecting GLOP

>Zack Fair was designed by Tetsuya Nomura, and his name derived from "fair weather," to contrast with Cloud Strife's name

Poetry.

I fully expect a Genesis cameo and a sappy Zack flashback where he passes the Buster Sword to cloud

I don't get the appeal of this game, it's just average at its best.

Which happened in the OG too. No, Jessie didn't "accidently make the /k/ bomb stronger because she is secretly a super genius that subconsciously made improvements on the designs."

Never played any FF game, but these two are quite charming. Is the ending good?

It's nice that they put that retarded fan theory to rest of Tifa and Cloud being total strangers.

batesz

Attached: 1552167736216.jpg (557x557, 51.44K)