What am i in for?

What am i in for?

Attached: 1569769765294.jpg (460x215, 56K)

be ready to get comfy

a video game

Auto-Pilot

the last good final fantasy

A fun time
Don't feel pressured though to do the final hunt, which is the stupidly long boss fight you've likely heard of it. It's not even hard, it's just time consuming even with all the changes to zodiac age + nerfs to the boss itself.

The cringiest of cringe tier voice acting

The perfect apology to the mess that was FFX. It's really good.

A single player mmo.

this

The best FF ever, but I would recommend you to play the original, Zodiac is more "complete" but just too fucking easy, if you want a good challenge go for the original.

Is this on sale or something? There are so many 12 threads lately

That was X

Boring as shit single player mmo with autopilot combat

There is a reason Japan voted it one of the worst FFs.

Attached: 1580624028609.jpg (750x448, 39.43K)

>apology
no, they're about equal. Everything FFX did right, FFXII does wrong and vice versa.

FFX had one of the best stories in the series and one of the best combat systems in the series but suffered from being extremely linear with very little exploration. FFXII had loads of exploration but a kinda mediocre combat system and a story that, while not bad, has the main characters not even meet the main villain until the final boss battle.

/thread

X was like the last "official" one

>TFW you will never have a Baldur's Gate style CRPG set in ivalice.

Jesus christ, do you even have any taste? Say what you will about the combat. Say what you will about the story. Say what you fucking will about the characters. I don't give a shit.

But the voice acting was absolutely fucking legendary.

a very detailed world that feels populated and alive. It could do with a few more non-combat activites, but overeall it's great.

is this a joke? FFXII has one of the best English dubs of any RPG ever made.

Soul

Bro in TZA the fight only takes a few minutes with a proper setup.
Final trial mode fight is harder.

It's common knowledge that Japan has garbage taste in everything

There are a few mods you can use to up the difficulty a lot.

A really easy Zachtronics game

Disappointment, also this

>tfw you will never have another game set in Ivalice

Attached: 1540152016738.jpg (679x679, 132.25K)

This. It's just an all-around very comfy game. Vast open plains to explore, gambits that remove needless micromanagement, good music and so on.

Attached: pcsx2-r5875 2015-05-03 11-33-42-24.png (1920x1080, 1.5M)

How did SE go from X to XII? Playing the two at the same time its like a completely different studio developed them. All you have to do is properly set up healing gambits and the game is autopilot.

X was dumbed down trash

comfy bot running with amazing art direction and music

>Dude what if we made half the playable cast be inconsequential to the story
>Dude what if we made a cast that barely says anything and almost never interacts with each other
>Dude what if we made multiple cutscenes where the main character has no idea what's going on and just stands in the background while people who matter speak
>Dude what if we made a character who's literally just a random girl off the street
>Dude what if we made a villain who has zero emotional connection to the heroes and doesn't even meet them until the last ten minutes
>Dude what if we took Final Fantasy Tactics' setting and made it a poor man's Star Wars
>Dude what if we gave the narrator a comical Apu accent
>Dude what if we made a political plot and then ruined it by turning it into standard ancient god shenanigans
>Dude what if we made a plot where the heroes have almost no impact on what happens until 95% of the way through the story and spend their time traipsing through non-descript caves and ruins
>Dude what if I'm Captain Basch
>Dude what if we made the sheathing/unsheathing animation stop you before and after every battle
>Dude what if we took everything 100% seriously and had zero levity
>Dude what if we wrote all of the dialogue to sound like a Renaissance Fair
>Dude what if we we had no overworld and all travel was handled by a menu or floating teleport crystals

Attached: Penelo_XII.png (350x387, 146.63K)

>>Dude what if we made a villain who has zero emotional connection to the heroes and doesn't even meet them until the last ten minutes

literally 50% of final fantasy games tho

Sakaguchi would purposely put different minds at the head of each project to differentiate the games as much as possible. FF12 has a completely different lead dev team than FFX. Different director, different producers, different writers, different art directors and so on. SE has a lot of teams to juggle, there is no one FF team.

Attached: ashe-yoshida.jpg (800x1114, 181.03K)

Only literal brainlets criticize Vayne as being a bad villain.

Yeah but how was it possible that they had created a formula going from FF6 to FF10 that made sense. I get the games looking different, but what the fuck is FF12s combat system? FF10 also explains things to you very well, FF12 its just like "aight figure it out"

FF12 had some development issues explaining the poor introduction but I know Sakaguchi wanted to avoid FF stagnation so he purposely made Matsuno helm the next FF instead of just continuing the FFVII trend. It can be a bit shocking going from FFX to FF12, it's almost like they're not even in the same genre.

the villain himself isn't bad, its the plot that supports him that's shit

3rd thread about XII I see just today. Who are you and what are your master plan.

Attached: 1368755752033.gif (464x261, 921.42K)

The only time I appreciated the drastic change in formula, XIII was a step back in the worst way and XV just wanted to be KH but trick people into thinking it was a FF, FF7R would have been the most appropriate evolution of XII

I cant believe Square made auto-pilot good and got rid of the age-old worthless monotony of turn-based RPGs

The only good FF game

>>Dude what if we made the sheathing/unsheathing animation stop you before and after every battle
This is honestly the only thing about that game that legit drove me insane and made me stop playing a couple hours into it.

Just bought it too, dub or sub? Which classes are best classes?

another port of it was just announced for the switch, so all the tendies are posting about it.

if you didn't get the pc version you're in for a shit port

dub

FF12 is like playing a Xenoblade series game, only it was fucken shit.

An unfinished masterpiece, that was unfortunately not understood by most players due to them having no sense of experimentation or taste in general.
Although the game never really pushes you to experiment super hard with the combat system, so casuals never really bothered learning the intricacies of the combat. It's still to this day one of the most complex and well designed battle system of any rpg.
For the rest, the setting and the music are absolute kino

The vanilla release was also poor. Combat/exploration was too slow and all characters ended up doing the same thing due to lack of balance.

>one of the best combat systems
"This guy is flying, swap to waka. This man have shell switch to auron. This man has no weakness. We still won't switch to Khimari" I hated X so much. I see why people might like it but I couldn't stomach it.

>gambits that remove needless micromanagement
Honestly, they just introduce a different form of micromanagement. A better one, and one that I enjoy, but it's still micromanagement.

That said, the people who bitch about it are real silly. The alternative would be absolutely awful.

>Dude what if we wrote all of the dialogue to sound like a Renaissance Fair
You know what happens when you take away writing like this? There happens to be a very relevant comparison right now: you get Netflix's Castlevania. That's what happens when people can't appreciate a little flair. You get fuck and piss and banal language that barely stimulates that walnut in your head you call a brain.

X is absolute garbage there a reason why most of the girls and casual like it, it's a boring hallway game with a weird cast, uninteresting story, and a shitty twilight tier romance to top it off. I can understand why someone would like that shit as a teenager but good god, I just can't take this shit seriously

Very nice game, but the first game in a while to truly step aside from the melodramatic scene driven tone that FF was being known for. As with FFT, the ending is too bombastic for its own good but most everything else is mint.

>but the first game in a while to truly step aside from the melodramatic scene driven tone that FF was being known for
And then it was followed by FF13, which played out like a Korean soap-opera. Dark times.

I agree there, although I don't know what a korean soap opera is like. Kitase had a certain knack directing this kinda material that others trying to copy him just don't get. It's a shame he has stepped down (or up?) to just produce.

her art deserved a better character

Soul

Attached: ff12shop.jpg (1280x720, 187.67K)

one of the most boring experiences of your video gaming life

Attached: sleep.png (207x227, 53.78K)

and they voted X as the best, they're obviously retarded.

>>Dude what if we we had no overworld and all travel was handled by a menu or floating teleport crystals
I've never read this pasta before to its entirety, but this must be kidding, right?