youtube.com/watch?v=HBr0eHcvq5U
youtube.com/watch?v=AXg0BsK4Npg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Pay to win

Nah I'mma play Modern Warfare on my PS4

Diabotical >>>>>>>>> Quake Champions

I was not invited to play it but I am looking forward to it

Nani?

Attached: 1573227259699.webm (750x800, 1.79M)

Reminder that Clan Arena is being added in the next update.

Attached: Shaft.png (1171x673, 744.23K)

this was my favorite game mode in quake live (and desu the only one ANYONE still plays in that game)

No Hunter no play.

Attached: 1576702467355.png (1240x1754, 2.57M)

>quake 3, hunter bot on nightmare difficulty
>she gets shaft
OH SHIT what do you do?

>abilities
No thanks, take your gay hero shooter out back and put an end to its misery.

No one know what quake champions is.

play Quake Champions Doom Edition

youtube.com/watch?v=HBr0eHcvq5U

Attached: qcde.png (1280x720, 1.55M)

Nah, I'll play Quake 3: Arena like a smart person.

>no one knows the most populated arena shooter
Hmm

Honestly I think that just says more about the state of the genre in this decade and the last.

diabotical has more by a long shot and its in closed beta and only the second weekend.

Rail

Show me those numbers a month in. People who care want to see if the game is worth a shit. Most of them will say think it's not as good as Q3 and go back to Q3, assuming they even play these games in the first place, or just fuck off and bitch about it.

is there q3dm6

yes, it's called "blood covenant" and has a few small changes

wait aren't you supposed to be shilling QC, not Q3? Q3 is a good game, maybe by actual software developers

>play an even deader version of this dead game

rip, /arena/, i miss you every day

this is a video of the map
youtube.com/watch?v=AXg0BsK4Npg

I did, and explain to me why, with a 2700X and an RX 5700 I can't hit a consistent 144fps on ultra settings. I'll wait until this shit gets optimized before I give it the light of day. Super fun insta-gib mode, however.

No because I'm not a fucking shill, ya goof. I love Q3 as well as QC.

This is literal advertising. Get fucked, namefaggot.

>COME PLAY MY SHIT GAME I DON'T WANT TO BE ALOOOOONE

Maybe QC will get big and /arena/ can come back.

Attached: 1531871217202.png (861x290, 283.01K)

its been months, guess i'll reinstall

i suck tho, enjoy killing me

>proving grounds
>rail

this.
same with diabotical whenever it comes out. there's a lot of games i still wanna play with Yas Forums & /vg/
gotta have a robot dodgeball night someday

sure son. i've seen many a shill thread in my day and this one is 101. by the way QC net code has been broken for 3 years and can't be changed cause the "devs" don't have the source code. Or if they do they don't know what to do with it cause they are game modders.

>Clan Arena
>Q3 LG
>Q3 RG
>Q4 RL
>Doom Eternal (Marauder) SSG
Hoping for Hunter soon.

Attached: QuakeChampions 2020-03-07 08-41-51-94.png (389x156, 43.12K)

>most populated arena shooter
it's going to be a fucking ghost town once Diabotical properly releases in a month or two and you know it

It ran like shit on launch but it runs much better now.

was /arena/ the comfiest general in the whole site? cause it definitely was for me

I already play it.

Darkest Dungeon general was pretty comfy.

Attached: 1500519720512.png (691x706, 358.26K)

arena fps arent fun

Quack!

Attached: Quake Champions toxjq lg.webm (768x432, 2.94M)

it was up there for me.
all my favorite generals tend to die since they're smaller than most. Small/niche ones are the best

How is the optimization? Does it still run like ass on anything other than the latest i7?

To me it runs alright locally, but It's the miserable net code that is a show stopper. I also wonder if that causes sounds to not happen when they should, cause that also sucks.

add maps

add girls

add huhs

Like I bet its a good experience if you live on top of a server. Thats maybe why people don't understand how others can complain. If you don't have outstanding ping you're getting shot when you shouldn't and its just dumb. Or if you don't really care that much about gameplay and just want to spam shit in pub matches, maybe its tolerable

That's one cool fucking mod, I think I'll download it.
It's funny that even Doom is better Quake than Quake at this point.

I don't understand why abilities had to be added to the quake formula. They just take away from the gameplay. They should've done anything but these boring abilities to change up the formula.

it's actually kind of the opposite. high ping is favored. Like I can go play in England with 150 ping and still hit over 40 lg which just ain't right

no wonder arena shooters are dead. That seems like the most casual floaty instant respawn and slow memery on the market desu ngl.

Chasing the overwatch audience most likely

why would i play qc today when diabotical servers are up this weekend/

because literally every design decision in QC was bad

Trying to chase that hero shooter money.

Of course, not even Blizzard saw Overwatch being dead once the battle royale genre got going.

champions were good idea, especially after refinement. Artstyle is also amazing
everything else went wrong
could it be possible to just slap current assets onto competent engine with good netcode?

>champions were good idea, especially after refinement
Elaborate, I'd like to hear a good defense for it

Attached: gimp-2.10_8RWdPdJiTc.png (730x733, 54.75K)

OP here, this was a casual match with all casual players. None of us were any good

>Different characters with different movement styles
>abilities are mostly utility thing

Attached: 1525312025059 (1).jpg (1000x581, 80.21K)

Pretty cool

>make amazing PC exclusive competitive game designed to run at 144fps
>nobody plays it for retarded reasons
god I hate all of you

This is possibly the most blatant shill thread I've ever seen in my life.

arena fps autists can be the worst, yeah

I did play it
plenty of time
but there is not enough maps to keep it interesting

I have so many retarded friends that go
>OH WELL IT'S NOT 1000% ARENA SHOOTER BECAUSE CHARACTERS ARE SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT FROM EACH OTHER
And then they proceed to not play any arena shooter and just crap like Overwatch. The hate for this game really comes down to just parroting shit.

>utility
like "hit them with a grenade" or "hit them with a fireball" or "hit them with acid'?

I agree that more movement tech is always cool, but it shouldn't be tied to champion selection.
Also different HP/Armor/speed values are stupid. The fundamental idea of Quake is that everyone has an equal start.

>designed to run at 144fps
on a NASA supercomupter maybe? because QC runs like shit, and it was even worse on release. Even some streamers with their meme $10k builds had bad/inconsistent framerates.

And then there's the terrible netcode, which also was even worse at launch.

>quake
nobody wants to play this shit especially not when it runs like ass, has terrible UI, bloated file size, fuck ugly characters and cosmetics, like 5 characters to pick, gay abilities but it's still the same shit as 20 years ago just not as good
>NEWS FLASH
Nobody wants to play fucking quake 3 anymore make a fucking campaign or do something new with the online using quakes mechanics and core game design finally ffs. QC is garbage
t. played cbts and launch player feedback meant nothing to devs

runs solid on my machine, which I built in 2013

They elevate the game, duh. Adds much more depth to the game. Definitely an improvement in the genre.

>hit with things
They are mostly zoning tools from get go.
On VERY rare occasions you'll get kills with it if the other players are not careful at all.
Direct hits with abilities are doing jack shit right now. The lingering effects of some abilities on the other hand are devastating if not treated.