Post those games you thought were going to be shit, but you actually liked

Post those games you thought were going to be shit, but you actually liked

Attached: homer smug.jpg (400x300, 32.25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q4xX3-6ZfHA
youtube.com/watch?v=GcNiNVfiXfc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I dunno, if I think it's going to be shit I don't usually start playing it and instead play something that looks good.

I thought Terraria would be a soulless Minecraft clone but I ended up enjoying it more than MC.

Mario + Rabbids

KOF XIV
SRW X / worse than V tho

What a horrible mindset

Attached: 1582753136637.png (450x295, 189.09K)

enter the gungeon
ftl

so, you constantly do things that you think will be bad just "in case"? I wouldn't say if everything looked bad and you have to jump in to experiment, but if you have to pick between something that looks like a turd and something that at least look decent, I'd go with the second option to use my time better.

Lisa Simpson's VR facesitting adventure

Faster than light
Monster hunter world
Escape from Tarkov

>hairless cunny
hnnnnnnnnng

Minecraft.
youtube.com/watch?v=q4xX3-6ZfHA

i dont play it anymore but i had fun with halo 5 when it first came out and liked it a hell of a lot more than 4, multiplayer wise

still havent played the campaign to this day

Fire Emblem Warriors

Shadow of Mordor

I was hungry for an Ace Attorney stye game in the form of Murder Mysteries.

I ended up playing the Telltale CSI games and they were surprisingly well fucking written, the point and click gameplay could be better but the writing kept me going, it was great

Animal Crossing (GC)
Bayonetta
Simpson's Hit and Run

Super Mario 3D Land

FFX, I thought it was going to be as gay as FFVIII and it was but it was also turned out to be the best game in the series

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (I haven't played the sequels yet so the jury's still out on them)
Vestaria Saga I: War of the Scions
Darksiders

Attached: castlevania-lords-of-shadow-ultimate-edition-cover.jpg (1529x2156, 2M)

Watch dogs 2.

Fuck Yas Forums it's fun

Attached: steam-art_full.jpg (1920x1329, 698.38K)

How did you get in to it? I wanted to but the color palette was so drab it was a pain to look at. I know it's a bit of a dull criticism given the setting.

3D Land was unironically better than 3D World.

Sneeds feed and seed (formerly Chucks)

Don't like JRPGs but liked Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Attached: 1395071204360.gif (400x300, 1.83M)

>"gee it's another NFS by Ghost"
>it's the best NFS since HP 2010
I haven't had this much fun from a racing game in years

Attached: t_5d5517960ac67.jpg (700x525, 77.15K)

The first Metroidvania that I've played, I did not expect to get this invested holy shit.
Game's Hollow Knight, for people unaware

Attached: Darkest Dungeon Hollow Knight.jpg (811x544, 38.65K)

youtube.com/watch?v=GcNiNVfiXfc

Fire emblem three houses. The art looked shit, we knew nothing of the gameplay and the whole school setting made it seem like it was gonna go full in for the persona audience.

Instead it does a complete 180 and into the goty candidates list it goes

Days Gone was a nice surprise

If that's your criticism, then try Shadow of War instead since it has more environment variety. In fact, there's little point to play Mordor these days when War's exist.

>3D Land was unironically better than 3D World.
Explain.

Superman 64

Funnily enough I picked it hollow knight up because I wanted a new metroidvania to try and the whole "attacking knocks you back a little bit" threw me off so hard I just up and dropped the game at the crystal place.
Good that you enjoyed it though

I fucking hate that gif

There is a charm called "Steady Body" that negates said knockback. It only takes up one charm notch too, so it's worth it if you find the knockback throwing you off
I'd suggest trying the game again, though it's up to you :)

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger is the perfect example for me

Tokyo Mirage Sessions, it's a surprisingly good SMT

Shame all the censorship and SMTxFE stuff before release soured everyone, its a great game

3D World had great level variety and still amazing

However 3D Land's structure was overall better, for starters, because it's not multiplayer, the camera is better focused on you and not zoomed out, the level designs were also catered better to single player and making use of the 3D for platforming.

Also the platforming style final boss was better in this game than Cat Bowser's platforming style final boss

dark souls 2

Kill yourself you waste of space

>Also the platforming style final boss was better in this game than Cat Bowser's platforming style final boss

I give you that, the obstacle course in Land was more engaging than the leisurely climb up the building we had in World.

Dishonored
Mount and Blade Warband
Terraria

>game everyone likes
>they convince you to play it
>it sucks ass

Attached: very_angry_pedophile.png (1000x800, 434.42K)

SILKSONG WHEN

Which game?

I don't even know why I tried it since I thought the knight's animation looked garbage but now it's one of my favorites and silksong is my most anticipated release

Off

>open world survival horror coop zombie game with crafting, parkour, and first person melee combat
>works splendidly

Attached: 5c6e6ab9ae653a3ccb579182.jpg (1080x1080, 266.32K)

ayy

Attached: 1535674576808.jpg (640x409, 93.47K)

Outward. Demon's Souls. Morrowind. Arcanum. Those are the ones that always come to mind for me.

Is Outward good or good-for-niche-enthusiasts type of thing? Everytime I asked around the reactions has been mixed

This is what dead island should have been in the first place. It's like they knew how bad it was so they remade it under a different name

Some people have self esteem issues and really don't want to care about how their time is spent. Essentially they are afraid to care.

>those games you thought were going to be shit, but you actually liked
Why would i even play such a game.

Nuts and Bolts

That's usually what happens when you make games under Deep Silver

Hollow Yas Forumsros, I can't wait for Silksong, man

This. Everyone bitched about how it's worse than Zestiria which I found mediocre with good moments
But berseria was goat with likeable broken cast and tight combat. Good plot too

Attached: ss_55b6307b686684a7c1ee00357eb6be0e05a6024f.1920x1080.jpg (1920x1080, 459.72K)

Zelda 2
Opposite happened with Twilight Princess, TP fans are beyond delusional

For me, it's Persona 5

Dragon dogma

Hollow knight. I just barely managed to get myself to play it, after seeing the forgotten crossroads on youtube. Was about to drop it after reaching them, but pushed through and made it to Greenpath, where the exploration and atmosphere were fantastic. Ever since then, it has been one of my favorite games.

Attached: 81olX4B97uS._SL1500_.jpg (1059x1500, 230.08K)

Attached: Mario_paint_box[1].jpg (373x268, 27.83K)

I can't stop loving this garbage game

Attached: 196653-kane-lynch-2-dog-days-windows-front-cover.jpg (775x1102, 118.9K)

Shovel Knight.
Twilight Princess.
Final Fantasy 1&2 (NES)
SVC Chaos

Die

I can't put it into words but there's something I really love about the Kane and Lynch games. The MP was underrated.