Finnish actress suddenly in a Norwegian viking role

iltalehti.fi/tv-ja-leffat/a/be492100-e737-466f-b52e-8efe13469dbd

Finnish actress Krista Kosonen plays a viking warrior woman Alfhildr in a Norwegian fantasy tv-series.

She speaks Norwegian in the tv and did not speak the language before taking her role.

Her character Alfhildr has an Icelandic last name Enginnsdottir. The series shows the time of vikings when Norwegian vikings roamed all over Europe and also Iceland.

Kosonen had the last say herself on how she wanted the charactor to look like physically.

The Finnish last name Kosonen seems strangely similar to names in Serbia, especially Kosovar, but there is no known relation between Serbs and Finns despite them sharing some particular ancient European genes.

Attached: kosonen.jpg (612x408, 35.45K)

Attached: kosonen2.jpg (569x555, 83.46K)

seriously fuck the vikings.
what is this obsession with a largely inconsequential group of bandits?

the modern viking trope is just post apoc, dystopian, dirty face, fingerless glove, hood wearing, blood soaked, dressed in nothing but brown fan service.

they did change the face of British isles forever though

Kathryn Winnick from the show Vikings is ethnically Ukrainian

Attached: 7316296A-DFDD-45FA-9897-3DA8A34FD858.jpg (736x1089, 218.82K)

Alright, I have a question:

Did “shield maidens”, or whatever they’re called, actually fight with and alongside men? This seems like a bit of revisionist history seeing as Vikings were patrilineal, militaristic and feudal.

Who cares?

they existed and did fight. but they weren't nearly as common as modern media suggests.

They were uncommon but not unheard of, basically you might see one or two on a raid but never an entire troop of them.

No, they almost certainly didn't fight as regular warriors on tribal armies. There probably existed holy cults of valkyriar who were holy priestesses of Odin. In pre-viking times, probably preroman they might have fought and from this the tradition may come.

>Patrilinear

In Kate viking age yes, we dont know what were they before

>Feudal
You are retarded. Vikings were tribal and their kings werent feudal monarcha but tribal warchiefs. Feudalism in its film form came to Scandinavia in 12th century or even later

Attached: breivik_2669997b.jpg (620x387, 49.54K)

What show is this? Is it any good?

I would think only a small percentage of women participated in fighting and most women were just like women usually are

But I wouldnt claim that no shield maidens ever existed, its obvious that scandinavian women are fierce and have male qualities. I merely live in Finland but am actually an Italian man. So these are my observations of Scandinavian women compared to Italians. Italian women may fight with words yes, but not with swords.

point of this thread?

And the actor that played Ragnar in the earlier seasons was Australian

They never fought. They were literally women who would bring shields when asked during the fight.

who cares, a snowniggers is a snownigger.

Vikings
First season isnt bad, but it goes to shit pretty quickly after that.

The roles of Halfdan and Harald Finehair are also played by Finns in the show Vikings.

I WILL ALLOW THIS

>what is this obsession with a largely inconsequential group of bandits?

Nothing you would understand. Return to consuming tacos and watching overpaid Africans throw balls around, mutt.

No they did fight, it is in the eddas of a few women that did go on raids and some where made captains. Again very few in number actually did this most women stayed at home and raised their kids.

all scandinavians rook the same

Attached: pig nose.jpg (900x600, 66.43K)

You're lucky it isn't a nigger in the role. Stop complaining

NO ONE CARES

Who keeps designing these medieval-esque TV series? It's like they all have the same costumes from the same closet as Game of Thrones. All historically inaccurate with these weird stylized bits.

>The Finnish last name Kosonen seems strangely similar to names in Serbia, especially Kosovar, but there is no known relation between Serbs and Finns despite them sharing some particular ancient European genes.
Retardism in a sentence.
Akshually
>Kosunen on suomalainen sukunimi. Nimi kuuluu vanhaan karjalaisnimistöön, mutta sen etymologia on epävarma. Se saattaa juontua venäjän vinoa tai kieroa tarkoittavasta sanasta, mutta se voi yhtä hyvin pohjautua germaanisiin Konstantinos-nimen puhuttelumuotoihin. Nimen rinnakkaismuoto on Kosonen.
So it perhaps comes from word meaning crooked or Konstanz. Just for simplicity say it's Finnish for Costanza.

>had slaves/serfs
>had clans and hierarchies of nobility
>not feudal

Please, describe for me what the differences are between a feudal state and Viking societal organizations. Why was there a great Viking exodus if they didn’t have a concept of inheritance and land ownership? Tribal groups don’t farm much and they don’t settle which are two things vikings definitely did.

The fins are based

Vikings were not feudal like Western Europe. Having a class structure and concept of land ownership doesn't automatically make you a feudal society

But certainly vikings had feuds.

Czechs and Slovaks were the best example of Feudalism in action, it was very different compared to what Scandinavia did

At least she is a nord and not a POC or an american.

I think they once dug up one female skeleton with a battle axe or whatever and thus concluded that all women fought alongside, and most certainly way better and more effective than, men. The usual.

Sorry: Pekka is just drunk again. It's Walpurgi's night and all.

Attached: häyhäpepe.jpg (353x373, 44.39K)

bump

Only to defend camps. The “evidence” that they participated in raids is non existent. All of the skeletons were found in the time and place where there was a Viking settlement. Also, there are no written accounts of female warriors in English texts about the battles. You’d think that it would be noteworthy enough to them to mention at least once.