Redpilled Game Dev Thread

Enough with the coomer posting and Trump derangement shills. Let's discuss the culture war in the theatre of gaming. I'm working on a game right now. All gamers and devs welcome get in here

Attached: preview.png (797x534, 451.06K)

What kind of game?

looks horrendous

the right can't make good games

I started Unity for the first time almost 2 years ago. I now have my own online ARPG.

DOOM ETERNAL
MINECRAFT
GET FUCKED NIGGER

medieval adventure game, very fast combat (inspired by hotline Miami), you're fighting and exploring to recover lost relics and artefacts that will disprove the lies of a subversive force that has brainwashed your people

your outrage is going to market my game and I'm not going to pay you a penny for your work, thanks in advance dumbass

Attached: 239889.jpg (728x678, 50.44K)

don't you rip off darkwood you petty faggot tencent chinaman

Do you recommend C++ (Unreal) or C# (Unity) and why?

If you're an adult and playing videogames, something has gone horribly wrong in life.
t. adult that plays vidya

was Skyrim the last big adventure game with nationalist themes? has there been anything that came close since?

Attached: Ulfric_Jarl.png (360x450, 359.7K)

Pol needs more programming threads.

Game dev is pretty low tier though. Only slightly above web dev.

Attached: 1586975871042m.jpg (1024x595, 118.98K)

Like Neverwinter nights or Dragon Age? Defeating the darkspawn

Unity is for dumb as shit niggers that couldn't design their way out of their mother's matted growler if she was in the full shit position. It's also what you're capable of understanding, so you better go with it

checked
not ripping off darkwood, it's a very different game, the only thing in common is the top down perspective

what I would recommend depends entirely on what you're trying to make
2d or 3d?
single or multiplayer?
huge environments (possibly randomly generated) or tightly controlled linear levels?

Keep politics out of the game, especially if it is fantasy. Elves arent gonna have a "fuck trump" poster on their fucking wall.

Keep your opinions about culture out of the game, focus on making the story as authentic as possible and as emerssive as possible. Dont need no fucking trannies in a medieval setting just because you think they should be in there. Faggots gets burned at the stake as heretics.

Unity could be the perfect tool to make certain games, you don't always have to reinvent the wheel

only use a more powerful and custom tool if you have a good reason to

I'm not into games but CD Project Red is based out of Poland. They are probably pretty good

>unity platform is easy to use
Is there actually a benefit not to using unity? (besides making self important comments on an anonymous forum)

What in the composition of your game makes it redpilled? otherwise i hope jannies kill your thread.

>Keep politics out of the game
No, there are lots of medieval politics central to the storyline (with strong parallels to modern politics), as there are in all good medieval stories.

The main character is explicitly trying to free his people from the subversive grip of an infiltrating force by discovering relics and artefacts that un-erase his people's identity.

I want the lead character to be a POC

I'm not familiar with the plots of those games

it'll make you a lazy shitter who is SHOCKED SHOCKED I TELL YOU when you start getting bug reports from your early access steam shovelware that when 2 dudes are on the same screen the engine buckles under like a chair at a my 600 pound life audition. You'll also experience true immersion (tm) as shit pops up on screen as you walk toward it because the engine can't render anything further away than a pecker's length. And don't even get me started on the PHYSICS CLASSES

see

I was going to use Unreal because of ease of workflow.
But wasn't sure if the language was going to prevent me from getting things done.
The lighting in Unity has gotten better, but I hate the prefab system they have as well.
Planned on outdoor scenes.

Well then, I'm in the wrong thread.

I agree that if a tool is too unwieldy and can't do what you need then you need to code lower level and use a more powerful (but time consuming) tool. My game is 2D so I can code pretty close to the metal and control everything really well

Might be a weird question, but why do you want to make it 3d instead of 2d?
>captcha is getting slower and slower

Because I'm a 3D guy by profession