Are N95 respirators really enough to stop corona-chan?

got my eyes on a 3M 6002C half mask, any suggestions?
Post your masks

Attached: masks.png (791x543, 712.2K)

Other urls found in this thread:

multimedia.3m.com/mws/media/1102295O/electrostatic-media-dr-white-paper-en.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=WjKkgkbRSgY
lipsitzponterio.com/jobsites-DuPont_Plant_Locations.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

would bang wife in all of those

I got a size large 3m 100p respirator and cheap lab goggles. All together it was around 30$.

No, you still have to factor in proper decontamination! People seem to forget this!

ive got some old clothes i was supposed to give to the hobos a month back

they're here collecting dust so when the corona hits i'm gonna cut some of the old shirts and wrap them around my face with some rope

wish me luck

Full face with 2901 or 2907 filters. 2907's will also filter nuisance odors. They are both P100 filters, better than an N95.

You need to have eye protection. The most level path of infection is through the eyes.

Can you even buy this shit anymore? I imagine that even after the initial rush, all this kind of stuff will hoarded by government and the wealthy

Lethal not level. When you get infected through the eyes it gets into your central nervous system. Thats why people just stop breathing.

Corona can get through your eyeballs. Half mask is useless.

Swim goggles

>Are N95 respirators really enough to stop corona-chan?
nothing can stop it. the virus will be all over your clothing and all over the mask, you'd have to be ina bio-suit and then be hosed down with disinfectant every time you take it off to be safe.

yes and honestly who cares as long as everyone believes it and continues to buy at x20 retail price

Attached: chaching chang.jpg (1600x1200, 296.79K)

its not because its a fucking virus
people dont understand just how mind bogglingly small those things are

Attached: 1519054043776.png (527x497, 281.02K)

Only true protection is MOPP4

you are why its ok to kill capitalists :)

The filters themselves are sold out except for the more pricey stuff. The gas masks are still available, especially the $200+ ones.

Also, corona has been said to be 0.1 microns, while NIOSH certified N95 respirators are rated to 0.3 microns. Wouldn’t virus still be able to get through?

No
You know what is?
Washing your fucking hands
Its a coronavirus aka the same thing as a cold
How do you not get a cold?
WASH YOUR FUCKING HANDS

the virus is typically on another particle

Draeger M65 NATO gas mask with original issue cannister and an extra recent production M95 40mm NBC filter. Much better than a paper dust mask if the need arises to enter the hot zone.

Was thinking about getting a c420 PAPR blower and hose too as an option.

Attached: drager.jpg (749x1000, 56.52K)

The virus is not airborne, at at least a there’s no evidence pointing to it right now. What your are trying to stop is the >0.3 micron particles the virus floats on.

its a common cold you fucking faggots

do you realize how stuff works at the quantum level? when you see dust floating in the air at your house, have you noticed how it immediately flies to and clings on something that gets close it, because of static electricity? the virus does not float around in the air by itself, it is attached to moisture particles or dust

With a fatality rate over 30 times the flu. Nothing to see here, citizen, move along.

Ok, so for the moment, it’s not truely airborne. What if you have some contaminated splatter right on your respirator? Wouldn’t there be a chance of virus dislodging from the aerosol particle they were on as you’re sucking in air?

the respirators are specifically designed as electrically charged fibers to attract particles. literally acting as a magnet to hold very small particles.

multimedia.3m.com/mws/media/1102295O/electrostatic-media-dr-white-paper-en.pdf

Lol no. Just get home, throw your clothes and mask in the wash and take a shower without touching your face
Im thinking about on of these and to pair it with some goggles or something cause the full face is like 300$

Attached: medium-3m-half-facepiece-reusable-respirator-7502-37082aad.jpg (1024x1024, 108.5K)

this is why filters have a lifespan and need to be changed out after a certain amount of use. some of the filtration happens physically by blocking larger particles but your small particle filtration happens magnetically, so once all the fibers are coated with tiny particles you lose efficacy and things will slip through

infections are also a numbers game. if you get one single virus strand, your body immune system has a very good chance of eradicating it and you wont get sick vs if you inhale 10,000 million virus strands in the droplet of someones cough, you body might be able to quickly dispatch 50 million of those but the other ones get a foothold and start replicating before your immune response can kill them

thats why mask is better than no mask

Ok, thanks for education. A little bit less dumb about this now.

no problem im not a professional mask engineer or anything and its probably more scientifically involved than i know how to describe but thats the way i have understood it. its why i would be hesitant about "cleaning" your filter with various alcohols and chemicals or washing. that electrostatic charge is key to the work it does.

Anyone know how often or how many days you can use these fuckers for?

Attached: 49933200-1.jpg (380x380, 11.46K)

What's with the sudden message being sent from all outlets telling people not to wear a mask?

8 hours

What happens after 8 hours?
Where?

Depends on where you are and what you're using it for. Typically they're only good for a single workday, but that's in an industrial environment with tons of shit in the air. Realistically, unless you're a medical professional directly handling these patients, you're only going to have incidental contact with the virus or with other particles. Thus, any given mask should be able to last quite a long time. The real risk is the accumulation of virus particles on the outside of the mask.

retards keep buying all of them and reselling them for 50x the price

i use n95 for two work days

i hope you boys invested in a proper hazmat suit

Attached: hazmat.webm (640x360, 2.36M)

well your breathe (especially if you run your mouth) wets the fabric and offers less protection/ creates a moisture trap

Would an ultraviolet lamp be sufficient to sterilize before removing the mask?
youtube.com/watch?v=WjKkgkbRSgY

>sauce: my arse.
So on a reusable mask with an escape valve the replaceable filters would last longer?

big mask is mad scalpers are getting the profits instead of them

Its a virus m8 warm soapy water will fuck it

Yes, all 3M models still on amazon including the full face one. The p100 filters are going to run out quickly though. Bought 10 sets on there

>tfw UV air filter
Gonna be breathin' clean until the batteries run out

Would stripping and showering with bleach water work?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (676x380, 26.7K)

>Are N95 respirators really enough to stop corona-chan?

First of all, ask yourself this - Have you considered wearing a mask during any flu season prior to this one? If the answer is "no", then you are a typical person who knows enough how to keep from getting sick during flu season.

Now ask yourself this - Did you know that over 180,000 Americans go to the hospital every year with the flu and over 10,000 die every year of the flu? If the answer is no, then you are a typical person who knows that risk of getting the flu is very small, and the risk of dying of it is extremely small. The media hasn't ever before dramatized the common flu in spite of the far greater number of victims each year for the last several decades than Corona-chan has this year.

If you are a sensible person who knows enough not to overreact to silly nonsense that the media is conjuring up in this election season, then you know you do not need to wear a mask. You need to simple do all the things you have always done in flu season. Wash your hands frequently. Do not touch your face. Cough into the bend of your elbow. Do not touch and then eat any food unless you washed your hands immediately prior. Carry a pocket-sized alcohol lotion to sanitize your hands when in doubt.

And if you insist on a mask, know this - Unless you have it fitted to your face such that it perfectly conforms to your skin and forms a complete seal all around its inner membrane, your mask will not protect you. It only takes one tiniest breath to get a virus into your lungs. Also, your mask cannot be of the 95% variety. Why would you want to allow 5% of virus-borne particles to enter your lungs? You need a P100 mask. Also, if you come into contact with a virus, you must dispose of your mask before next use. You cannot touch the mask. You must remove the mask while wearing nitrile gloves, not latex gloves.

be aware that the mask is not enough. You need goggles. Virus can easily enter eyes as it can your lungs.

Attached: 1578778158021.jpg (510x510, 23.13K)

I have one of these ,filters particles to 0.3 paired with goggles . Got a Czech gas mask too with spare filters

Attached: Screenshot_20200304-213407_eBay.jpg (720x1480, 268.32K)

if i had to take gramps to the doctors for a routine appointment today or even last year during flu season i would force him to wear a mask. the mask is a good idea for certain subjects of the population and probably not needed for others

At least 70%+ Rubbing Alcohol spray maybe?

Good thing it's STEALTH. The virus will never see you coming.

>What's with the sudden message being sent from all outlets telling people not to wear a mask?
Even more strange when France is appropriating masks in stocks. Something about prioritising them for people working in the health sector. Of course masks are just one part of your protection, and a single virus (being so tiny) will get through all but the high end masks (P99 and higher I think), but even an n95 mask will protect you from small drops floating in the air and dust particles... stuff that might have the virus on it. And if masks don't work at all... why do doctors wear them?!

The fact that they're telling the people masks don't work convinces me even more that Corona is big and that they know it. They don't want people to buy up stocks because the production is mostly in China and stocks won't be replenished in the near future. They'll need them for police, health workers and the military.

Full face is worth the extra money. The design circulates air through the faceplate so it doesn't fog up.

>how stuff works at the quantum level
Little specks of dust isn't "the quantum level" you pretentious retard.

I got one of these and found 40mm filters at a surplus in my area.

Attached: SmartSelect_20200304-164405_eBay.jpg (1037x1363, 287.96K)

>not to overreact to silly nonsense that the media is conjuring up
But user... the media is telling us that Corona Chan is no big deal... every article in mainstream media I've seen so far was along the lines "the flu is worse, racism is the real problem, etc etc". Good info in your post though. Don't forget the eyes, guys!

Full face masks really are overkill for this whole virus meme.
But if you're going to buy a mask don't you want something that will cover you in a teargas, riot or dirty bomb scenario?
Get a well known quality brand, North, 3M, with 42mm cartridges. As long as it's made well brand doesn't matter as much as having a sealed fit.
If you've got facial hair you're going to need something with positive pressure.

stealth is not just a mask ,its a mindset

Its for Medical staff who works all day with infecte people and generally sick people in a medical enviroment. They get exposed to more viral loads than an average person who just takes a walk in the park in fresh air I guess. They need more protection.

i think it's actually the other way round, it seems that infection through nose is more likely to end up in cns than through eyes, it's still a conjecture though.

Why don't they force some company to produce masks instead of other things? It can't be that complicated to make them.

40mm

You're a good sport, I hope you don't get infected.

Keep in mind, anons, that if you are under the age of 70 your risk of dying from Corona-chan is less than 1%.

In other words, stop worrying and wash your hands.

If they need more protection then why are they wearing masks that apparently don't work?

The point is, that there's articles telling us masks don't work. You just said yourself that they do. Why would they tell the people not to buy masks? Why prioritise the existing stock for medical staff? Only makes sense as preparation for what they're telling us isn't going to happen.

No, bet they keep the smell of dead people out of your nose so its a plus.

Fpbp
Especially the 4a1, bottom left

I would like to construct one of these (that can take an generic filter on the side rather than making an proprietry filter) but I might end up settling for an dog on my head instead.

Attached: Fallout NV.jpg (1920x1080, 1.56M)

>Why prioritise the existing stock for medical staff?
Maybe because Medical staff is more important than normies? If they can't work anymore it's over.
Also those surgeon masks are for protecting others so you don't snease on them. The full face military grade masks protect you but the normal ones maybe not or not that good and they are for one time use only.

I'd assume it takes time to get a production line running if you don't have one. Masks are a cheap product, most we use were likely made in China. The infrastructure to produce large quantities in short time probably doesn't exist in the West atm. Also, if the government "forces" companies to produce masks now, it couldn't be kept a secret. You would need the legal basis to force a company to do that as well. It would pretty much tell the people a mass pandemic is on the horizon and people would panic.

Are you retarded?!
>Maybe because Medical staff is more important than normies?
That's the fucking point! You need them for the coming pandemic more than normies and that's why they're telling us we don't need to buy masks, that masks don't help. BUT THEY DO HELP, but they want the existing stock to go to medical staff.

Do you need everything spelled out to you like that?!

Ive read that one german company switched to producing medical products but I can't find the article.

Unless youre 90 the flu is more dangerous and deadly

Medical staff is more important and more at risk of catching it and contracting it. Imagine one covid positive doc ingects all patients in his hospital including patients under immune supressing treatments or other vulneranle patients.

>The infrastructure to produce large quantities in short time probably doesn't exist in the West atm

>3M's general offices, corporate research laboratories, and some division laboratories in the US are in St. Paul, Minnesota. In the United States, 3M operates 80 manufacturing facilities in 29 states

>dupont:
>lipsitzponterio.com/jobsites-DuPont_Plant_Locations.html

but whats the risk of longterm damage to organs in your body or susceptibility of certain cancers? oh you dont know? because its a fucking new NOVEL virus?

it's weird how many people forget this simple thing. it's new, we try to deduce something about it, but we really don't know much.