Is One piece the most overated anime/manga of all time? The character designs are straight up trash...

Is One piece the most overated anime/manga of all time? The character designs are straight up trash, the villains are one note and generally have 0 depth

WE ARE THE VILLAINS AND WE CAUSE MUCH SUFFERING, OUR MOTIVES ARE THE WORST YOU COULD POSSIBLY IMAGINE.
YOU THINK YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE THIS AGAIN? OH BUT YOU DO, WAIT TILL TRAGIC FLASHBACK IS SHOWN AND THEN I PROCLAIM OUT LOUD THAT THE UNIMAGINABLE PAIN CAUSED TO FODDER CHARACTERS WERE CAUSED BY ME.
YOU WILL BE ON EDGE LOOKING FORWARD FOR THE PANNEL OF MUGIWARA PUNCHING ME HARDER THAN LAST TIME

"I AM THE EVIL MAN OF WANO HAHA I POLLUTED EVERYTHING AND ALL THE PEASANTS ARE STARVING, OUT OF MY WAY ANNOYING PEASANT OR I WILL KILL YOU MUHAHAHA"

the schichibukai disbanded! omg did you see it was revealed that the bimpus did the dumpus WAAAOW epic based-boy face this guy is now worth 65656565 gazillions last time it was 56565656 quatrillions!!! It almost gives us the illusion that this matters in any way or has any impact besides cheap shock value and luffy-kun and his gang won't beat up the evil villains the same way they've been doing. THIS REALLY MEANS GREATNESS!!

Attached: le evil crocodile.jpg (2037x3056, 1.05M)

I’ll never understand its popularity myself. The art isn’t good and the story is meh.

Attached: OnePieceEnelNonsense.png (280x778, 106.1K)

Attached: oda btfo.jpg (1766x888, 711.61K)

the pell fake out death was ridiculous, and what happened to gear 2 shortening lifespan or the ivankov drug?

Oda seems afraid to kill people, both fodder and named characters

Attached: oda cringe.jpg (3072x1863, 554.65K)

>Is One piece the most overated anime/manga of all time?
No. That's because it's not only best anime/manga of all time but also best literary work of all time and it's actually underrated. You can cope and seethe all you like but it is what it is.

Attached: 1587919797530.png (202x282, 167.97K)

>OP gives specific reasons for his opinion about the manga
>hurr durr personal attacks
All you're doing is proving your identity revolves around One Piece and you take criticisms as personal attacks, & that you can't actually defend it.

Attached: 1478670803997.jpg (220x245, 10.77K)

One Piece deserves respect

Attached: 1568566615988.gif (200x146, 960.65K)

>hurr durr personal attacks
I did no such thing

Attached: one piece worldbuilding.png (285x384, 92.15K)

Why this faggot has an eye closed after timeskip? Was he trying to cut an avocado but fucked up?

It's fine. Not every manga has to be a deep and mature masterpiece. It's a fun adventure story
I agree with this though
Post-time skip art is ugly and hard to read. Most stuff happens in small panels and the pages feel clustered

ever heard of chekhov's gun?

>one piece worldbuilding.png
Kek

>what happened to gear 2 shortening lifespan or the ivankov drug?
It's just a shonen cliche. Luffy isn't going to die young.

>and what happened to gear 2 shortening lifespan or the ivankov drug?
He got better at using Gear 2 and the consequences of Iva's drug don't really matter since he failed at saving Ace anyway

>overated
maybe in japan, but not anywhere else
especially here where its underated

HE ASKED TO SEE HER PANTIES HAHAHAHA XD XD XD LOL ROLFSTOMFFGSZi

Trash for manchildren.

Thats the point. This is an adventure manga that is full of comic tropes. what i think is interesting is that you have all those characters being a recurring cast and serve a real propuse to move the plot in a fun a coherent way.
Take for example Mr 3. he was defeated as your typical sunday morning cartoon. but then his power was exploited several times in ingenious ways (using him to liberate the strawhats, then send to impel down by the marines, just so later, like 400 chapters later, use him again to stall a madman with posion as weapons, liberate Ace) i just love when an author use a seamless low figure character in ingenious ways. It just shows that he cares for his craft, like the characthers are alive and do things on their own, instead of just following whatever the creator thinks is more cool.

>cope & seethe

the crew getting larger was dumb, now most of them are just one dimensional memes

USOPP IS A COWARD
SANJI IS A PERV
CAN I SEE UR PANTIES
chopper is a non character
jinbe is a non character
robin is a non character (and used to be great)
luffy is unchanged so that's fine
Zoro isn't that different but lost his more serious 2nd mate side imo

That was a plural "you". Like "(you) the reader".

>cope and seethe are personal attacks
get thicker skin

mr 3 was cool and one piece was waaaay better pretimeskip

>ESL

They're not directed at the series, which makes it personal. What you're talking about is a different thing.

> (You)
>>ESL
>
>They're not directed at the series, which makes it personal. What you're talking about is a different thing.

Attached: Sloppy_job_ESL.gif (202x282, 430.96K)

>no argument so I'll just quote

I was mocking your inability to read and write in english while calling me ESL

>personal = belonging to a particular person
Try again, ESL.

>Try again, ESL.
I won't. You're weird and I don't want to talk to you.

Attached: 45262466.jpg (480x360, 26.84K)

>running away after he lost
kek

>Is One piece the most overated anime/manga of all time?
That would be evangelion.