Digimon adventure (2020)

>meets taichi for the first time
>somehow starts off as rookie agumon before creating bond with taichi instead of baby level Koromon
>nevermind, he also evolved into champion level greymon on the very first episode without creating bond with tai

dude wtf ???
is it worth watching?
after first episode im not feeling excited like i did when i watched digimon adventure (1999)

Attached: fP1j1ut04szf7Tgm4aiBk2nzTom-1.jpg (1280x720, 60.47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/KAUXXNkmsNs?t=525
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>im not feeling excited like i did
You get used to it

Attached: 1545968971436.jpg (1179x1079, 182.74K)

Have you tried not being autistic about differences from a show you watched two decades ago?

Rarely have I seen an anime suck third episode rule dick as hard as this one. It's a fucking narrative premature ejaculation. They KNOW this is not some kind of retake of the original, but a nostalgia fuckfest. They make absolutely no secret of the digivolutions (to the point garurumon fuses with greymon in ep 3 without any buildup), and make and break rules even more than in the original. Weak even by digimon's absolutely abhorrent level of world building.

Attached: 1578155325285.png (510x572, 412.54K)

you are in a/utomobolism board. stfu

Nothing is given any meaningful introduction or time. Noone that did not watch this shit back then would even understand what is happening by episode 3. Kids of course would just swallow it anyway, though.

I watched the first episode and was immediately turned off from it. I mean after all the crazy shit taichi experience in episode 1, he's oddly okay with everything.
Maybe i'm thinking to much into it but no kid should be processing all this so well. (Meanwhile the original adventures series had them freakout at their new digimon partners.)
Really breaks the immersion

A cheapass remake instead of continuing the franchise, who would've thought it would be shit?

>fusion in the third episode
please tell me this isn't real

Is the original Digimon Adventure good, or is it just a kid anime like Pokemon? I want to get into Digimon because I love the designs but the games are really bad.

Digimon Adventure 01 and Digimon Tamers are great.

It is a franchise for kids, Digimon Tamers (the third season of digimon) has quite some things that only an adult can catch, it was made from the same guy that made Serial Experiments Lain, Tamers is also very different concept wise from the first digimon series and has nothing to do with it continuity-wise.

The original Adventure unironically have some of the best character works, realistic child character with real children problem and work well with it ensemble cast. Like the production was dirt cheap since it a toy commercial so the people who make it have to use good writing to counter the budget problem.

Lmao. Literally seconds into th third episode, even.

Attached: Screenshot.png (906x543, 377.18K)

The characters are alright. The world is the problem. Nothing makes sense, no rules apply unless when they do except miracles can and will happen

It really baffle since Tai and Yamato in this reboot just met and the fusions are suppose only work when 2 people understand each other extremely well.

That the beauty of it. It give us a Wonderland feel, an alienate world unlike today Isekai.

see Like everything in Digimon, rules are only established for emebllishment. They only ever serve to set up cheap miracles or create an obstacle that is needed ad hoc. Digimon has no worldbuilding, it's lazily and inconsitently written.

All you faggots can go suck a dick.

youtu.be/KAUXXNkmsNs?t=525

What's in store looks unbelievable. The interesting bits regarding the future are between 0-0:30 and 8:50-10:25, 0:30-8:50 is a recap of episodes 1-3.

I can't wait for the broadcast to resume. This is amazing, there's so much stuff to look forward to in the anime, they're doing a lot to keep up the mystery of Adventure and Frontier, there's obviously a lot of interesting lore at work.

Attached: mebbyValdurmon.jpg (1920x1080, 481.71K)

To be fair, the bios do mention that Agumon and Gabumon were participants in some kind of war so they might be going the CS route with regards to Omega.

Nice ad.
Seriously though, that was hardly a recap, that was just all there is to these three episodes. The show blowing it's load roughly 40 minutes into the series.

I afraid if they go that route they gonna drag the Royal Knigh into this too. Like later on to show the kids can rely on Omnimon anymore they gonna toss in Alphamon. And where the Royal Knight go, they will drag their plotline along with them.

what are you talking about? 90% of isekai just go "yadda yadda you played RPGs before, it's just like that".
And I mean, I get the whole sense of wonder aspect, see Ancient Magus Bride for a decent recent example. Digimon especially in later seasons went on and on about meaningless and contradictory exposition. Just look at the wiki to see how retarded it all is when someone with enough autism to do so tries to compile it

We are talking about the original series.

Are you braindead or something? What part of the first three episodes was the load that was blown? The events those episodes had clearly have little to nothing to do with the actual show, at least for a cour or even two, it was clearly just a prologue of sorts to get you excited about the animation quality.

I was tentative at first about their decision to include Omegamon in episode 2, but they handled his inclusion tastefully and moved on to the actual good parts of the show in such a way that I'm very satisfied. This would be different if any of the characters had any idea what the fuck happened, but they clearly don't.

Yes, Our War Game and Omegamon was the climax of Adventure, but it's pretty fucking clear this isn't the case in Adventure:, and we'll get many climactic events over the course of the series for sure.

I do get that, but of course this reboot does not live in a bubble. It comes out in the context of over 20 years of the franchise making and breaking rules to contrive or resolve problems. I think it is completely fair to take that into account, especially since it so relies on this context in the first three episodes to have any meaning at all apart from visual candy.

>I afraid if they go that route they gonna drag the Royal Knigh into this too. Like later on to show the kids can rely on Omnimon anymore they gonna toss in Alphamon. And where the Royal Knight go, they will drag their plotline along with them.

I don't even think they'll do the RK plot again personally; it'll just be that they'd be old war buddies or that Omega was just the OG form or something.

If they do, yeah. They've got issues. The Knights weren't even a full thing until around the Tamers era iirc.

it has the whole.monstet/owner gimmick which was popular on later 90s like pokrmon, medabots, beyblade etc but it has a far deeper plot and characters face agaonst their personal fears and virtues. something far too complex and boring for children id say its more targettet at adoloscents and above.
the digimon design is also much more detailed beyond cute looks like pokemon.

Attached: Anime-Digimon-Angewomon-Super-Evolution-Fujinmon-1-4-GK-Resin-Statue-Action-Figure-Collection-Figurine-Toy.jpg (800x800, 95.99K)

The problem regarding Digimon's consistency is that the main way people are familiar with the rules of the universe is through the anime, and every anime has its own rules. Sure, some are similar, like Adventure, Tamers and Savers are reasonably close together, but each has its own spin and gimmicks.

There is what is known as the "Null Canon", but that's quite patchy, to be really honest. It relies on basically just the official descriptions and shit, so as you can imagine, it's much less coherent than the Pokémon canon, all of which takes place in like 3 universes total, all of which are regularly maintained and more similar than the various Digimon continuities.

>he events those episodes had clearly have little to nothing to do with the actual show, at least for a cour or even two,
So you outright admit that the show milked the three episode rule.
>it was clearly just a prologue of sorts to get you excited about the animation quality.
it was a flex to draw in viewers, yes.

>I was tentative at first about their decision to include Omegamon in episode 2, but they handled his inclusion tastefully and moved on to the actual good parts of the show in such a way that I'm very satisfied.
That's where I disagree. It was alright on it's own, yeah. But this can backfire really, really badly depending on what is to come. And this should be judged based on the rest of the season.

Yeah, that's an integral part of the issue. But I do believe that how they will tie these three episodes in what is to come will make or break the show.

So it appears that more episodes are indeed completed but are holding off until things get better, hopefully it's soon, want to see the adventures continue

I don't personally give a flying fuck about three episode rules. To me the next three episodes look much better than the first three. However, even the production team admits openly that they were putting a lot of effort into the first three episodes, saying it was meant to be OWG quality (which it was).

I don't personally have a strong emotional bond with OWG, I never felt it was particularly amazing, so I don't have any strong emotional reflex when it comes to them adapting it. I think the best bits of the first three episodes are the first half of episode 1 and the second half of episode 3. The stuff in between is nice to see as a confirmation they want to make the show look good, but that's not really why I'm excited for this stuff. And based on the YouTube video, the best parts of the series are clearly ahead, not behind us.