What was her fucking problem?

What was her fucking problem?

Attached: anna-kyoyama-yoh-asakura-shaman-king-character-png-favpng-JDRqHbX28Mg96xZZjunUrybWr.jpg (820x715, 91.26K)

Being the author's waifu and mary sue.

We never got to see her naked butt, we only got to se the boy's.

None, she was the absolute best.

Rather, the author is obsessed with the idea of Anna.. All of his series include an over-competent cold, bitchy girl with a hidden kind side.

Anna cried like once in the entire series, she was never nice.

DESU I loved Anna as a kid because I thought she was cool and badass. Now as an adult I realize she's just an edgy cunt who pulled shit out of her ass all the time. It got annoying when they started the whole "ANNA IS ON THE SAME LEVEL AS HAO LMAO" BS, she's fucking OP without showing why. She just is.

>Born with very strong shamanic powers
>Her parents abandon her because they fear her
>Develops the Reishi out of loneliness
>Uncontrollably create Oni's because due to the Reishi people's thoughts and emotions flow uncontrollably into her and a lot of those thoughts/emotions are negative
>She constantly isolates herself for long periods of time because of this until she meets Yoh
There's a lot of problems with her

t. sub-80 IQ brainlets

>There's a lot of problems with her
Except not really since none of those traits are presented as negative. In fact, the whole fucking cast admires her, Hao has a boner for her, and is said to be on the same level as the fucking shaman king multiple times. All of this from someone who constantly treats other people that aren't Yoh (and sometimes even Yoh himself) like garbage, pulls powers out of her ass for someone who wasn't training to be a shaman to begin with. All of her problems were solved by Yoh, and from then on there's nothing wrong with her except Hao molesting her from time to time. Then she fucking brings his mom out of fucking nowhere when even Hao himself spent centuries looking for her soul. She's a fucking mary sue.

all of those things are from her backstory and yoh saved her.

insatiable (until the end) urge for reproduction

Why does Yas Forums scream so much when a girl is something more than a moeblob? Girls have "flaws" you know, if you cnanot look past those "flaws" you'll die being a virgin.

Pretty sure there's female characters that aren't moeblob and are better written than anna. In fact, the character Anna is inspired from is already better, so Takei failed to even compare.

Attached: Lisa_lisa1.png (699x391, 281.67K)

The whole point is she could have ended up being like Hao.
Nobody in Shaman King is really bad.
Even X-Laws who mercilessly kill people just for disagreeing with them are redeemed in the end.
It's like you completely missed the point of the series.

Of course people admire her. There's a lot to admire about her after all.
She literally has to cope with the fact that her partner is on his way to his death and there's nothing she can do to prevent it and yet she never cries about it.

That said the series often pokes fun of her and her relationship with Yoh or in the but selective amnesia is a thing I guess.

Attached: x36.jpg (688x1100, 164.15K)

How is Anna badly written exactly?
The only character Takei ripped off from Araki was Josuke with Ryu and even the only his character design which was clearly meant to be an obvious homage.

>The whole point is she could have ended up being like Hao.
No one is talking about that. How her character is written, independently of what Hao is, is entirely on herself. Don't try to mix it u with him.

In fact, if Takei can spend volumes explaining how Hao went from a street orphan to a OP shaman, why can't he do the same for Anna? Her only reason to be so OP is "she just is". If a character that wasn't show to go under any hardship to obtain their level of power can easily overpower the character you spent volumes explaining how they got where they are, well, it is shitty writing.

>Nobody in Shaman King is really bad.
No Shaman in Shaman King is really bad, only humans can be bad*

>There's a lot to admire about her after all.
Not really. She acts like a cunt, even though it's no longer justified since Yoh ended her loneliness. The reason for her being OP is "she just is". Not even the canonically most powerful shaman, Hao, has that excuse.

>That said the series often pokes fun of her and her relationship with Yoh
And it's never in a negative way. She's always portrayed as the perfect wife. Even Hao flirts with her.

She's obviously discount lisa lisa. Except lisa lisa is hotter, is more sympathetic, and has a better backstory and relationship with the protagonist. Also she has good reasons to be OP, unlike Anna.

I don't hate Anna, but she definitely isn't the most likeable character she's hostile or dismissive of pretty much everyone and the only person she actively cares about she displays it through aggressively tough love making her feel like a borderline tsundere which is overused as fuck. The fact that everyone takes the shit of this 15 year old girl isn't exactly helpful either. Just once it would have been nice to have an adult take none of her shit and make her behave. Combine that with effortless power ups out of nowhere and she does feel like a mary sue

>How her character is written, independently of what Hao is, is entirely on herself.
No the fuck it isn't.
How she grew up has a tremendous impact on how she ended up.
Even Yoh could have ended up like Hao at one point.
Try not being a low-level reader.

>No Shaman in Shaman King is really bad, only humans can be bad*
The point is that Shamans are humans too.
Hence why Ohachiyo calls Hao a human because he was not pure like a demon like he originally thought.

>She acts like a cunt
She acts bossy and fearsome. Anna is almost like a villain.
Her mind is clearly screwed up..a lot of it having to do with what the Reishi did to her.
She's kind of a parody of a domineering wife.

>The reason for her being OP is "she just is".
Once again low-level reading.
It's explained in-universe that Furyoku levels are determined at birth.
This is just like in real life how some people are born stronger/healthier etc. than others.
It's also explained that Furyoku naturally keeps increasing until adulthood when it stops increasing, that each generation has a higher roof than the last and that the only way to raise the furyoku beyond your base is dying(or mimicking death in Yomi cave)

>And it's never in a negative way. She's always portrayed as the perfect wife.
It's pretty much always in a negative way or neutral and never positive, what are you talking about?
Silva calls her a "scary housewife" and Hana says that he doesn't want to make the same mistake his dad made when he married Anna.
Whenever Anna is nice everyone almost always acts surprised(especially Yoh and Manta).
Manta often calls her out on her autism, especially early on. Like when she went to buy a raincoat because it was raining in the middle of Yoh's battle with Faust.

Attached: x5.jpg (2075x1500, 1.36M)

>She's obviously discount lisa lisa.
Literally how?

>Except lisa lisa is hotter
If you're into the manly broads Araki draws I suppose

>Also she has good reasons to be OP, unlike Anna.
Did you even read the series?
There's no reason for anyone to be OP apart from the being born that way.
It's like you didn't pay attention to the rules of the universe whatsoever.

And besides, great power is portrayed as a double-edged sword in Mankin.

Attached: 1491707590611.jpg (887x1400, 192.38K)

Anna is not a tsundere, she's kuudere.
She never hesitates to proclaim her love for Yoh.
It's hilarious how triggered you are by a 13 year old fictional girl.

Again, none of her "bad" traits are portrayed in a negative way, and even when they do, it's in a comedic way and that was waaaay in the beginning of the manga.

Also, what's the point in saving her from being lonely and summoning onis if there was no visible character development? She was a cunt before she met Yoh, and she was a cunt AFTER she met Yoh. The only difference is that she had an excuse before, now she doesn't and loves Yoh, but she still acts the same.

She's not a parody of a domineering wife. She IS a domineering wife and this is never portrayed as bad thing, quite the opposite, Yoh/Hao loves her all the more like that.

Also 1 or 2 comments in the entire series about Anna being scary doesn't compensate for the entire cast admiring her and kissing her feet, despite Anna treating every person like trash. Like the user above said, if at least one person had slapped her shit to show not everyone is up to suck it up to her, it would have helped her case. But you can count the amount of people that don't like Anna, and is mostly those three hoes from Hao's team that are just jealous that Hao gives her more attention than them.

Also, if Furyoku is set at birth, then even a better reason to not make Anna OP from the start. Takei deliberately making Anna OP where other characters had to struggle to get on their level. Is even worse! Besides, half of the powers she pulls out are never explained, since she's never shown to train. Again, asspulls.

To sum it up: nothing, absolutely nothing about Anna is portrayed as a flaw. Her bitchyness is portrayed as an endearing character trait, and when it isn't is never in a serious tone, and the jokes are few. Even the series has a canon reason to make her OP without the slighest effort.

>Literally how?
Is the same character arquetype. Even anna wearing the sunglasses and scarf is an obvious homage to lisa lisa (this is her iconic look, after all). They both serve to help the protagonist in their training, and Anna is a literal doppelganger of Hao's mom.

>If you're into the manly broads Araki draws I suppose
Sure man, look at this board. Super manly.

>There's no reason for anyone to be OP apart from the being born that way.
Then what's the point in making character train and literally die a million times to raise their furyoku? And it still doesn't explain all the powers anna has without training.

Attached: Jojo's_Bizarre_Adventure_18_11.png (1280x720, 771.71K)

>There's no reason for anyone to be OP apart from the being born that way.
You're just confirming she, indeed, is OP without any good reason. Thanks.

>Again, none of her "bad" traits are portrayed in a negative way, and even when they do, it's in a comedic way
It's almost like this is a fucking shonen manga.
Nobody ever gets portrayed the way you're thinking in a battle shonen unless they are straight up villains.

Anna is an exaggerated portrayal of the common realistic girl. If you had any experience with girls you'd know just how awful they can be. But at the same time some of them have their good points as well, same as Anna.
Both of these sides are heavily exaggerated.

>It's almost like this is a fucking shonen manga.
You're right, I was expecting too much from the series that got itself axed.

>Anna is an exaggerated portrayal of the common realistic girl.
Yeah man I need realistic women in my manga about weaponized ghost people.

Anna hardly wears sunglasses apart from a few occasions.
She doesn't wear a scarf either. She sometimes uses her head-scarf as a make do neck scarf but that's not her default look.

>They both serve to help the protagonist in their training
This is a pretty common trope though.

>Anna is a literal doppelganger of Hao's mom.
Well, Anna's design existed before Shaman King was a thing way back in the first oneshot Takei ever did(the "Itako no Anna" oneshot).
As far as Shaman King goes I always got the impression that Anna was supposed to be her reincarnation but nothing of the sort was ever mentioned.

>Sure man, look at this board. Super manly.
Anime made her less masculine.
Though the face is still masculine-looking even in the anime. But I digress, Anna is not the prettiest girl in the series either.

>Then what's the point in making character train and literally die a million times to raise their furyoku?
The training is for them to enhance their physical traits not their spiritual ones.
And of course dying(or imitating death) is the only way to consciously increase your furyoku but furyoku itself increases gradually until adulthood.

>Anna didn't train
Are you dumb?
She was mentored by Kino her whole life basically.
Even then her fighting style is a more ranged affair since she's Itako-type.

Attached: 31012.jpg.png (225x350, 190.83K)

Just like in real life where some people are born stronger than others.

>You're right, I was expecting too much from the series that got itself axed.
Butthurt much?
A series getting axed doesn't determine its quality.

>Yeah man I need realistic women in my manga about weaponized ghost people.
How is this an argument exactly?
Does every girl character have to be a waifu?

>Though the face is still masculine-looking even in the anime.
For people that complain about moeblobs, you sure are fast to reject a mature looking woman. Lisa lisa is supposed to look sharp and mature, not like a moe loli.

And I'm aware of Anna's prototype, but you do understand Takei is a huge Araki fan and is not out of the possibility that he took inspiration from Lisa Lisa? They're both "cold" women with a troubled past, Anna sports the scarf and sunglasses look at one point like Lisa Lisa, and both are harsh towards the protagonist, but with good intentions. I mentioned Hao's mom because Lisa Lisa is Joseph's mom, Anna has a strong resemblance to Hao's mother in both personality and looks, and Yoh's previous reincarnation was Hao. Even the sexual tension is similar (though Lisa Lisa doesn't want to fuck her son).

>She was mentored by Kino her whole life basically.
Unless Anna is shown struggling through her training, this is just lip service. Again, if you can spend volumes talking about how your villain went from a weak runt to a powerful shaman, why can't you do the same for the obviously also overpowered heroine? Why other characters have to struggle through training and she doesn't? She obviously receives special treatment when it comes to writing.

Attached: d0b96426312450ccd699ae1f8d71aab6d739467d_hq.jpg (1024x623, 33.62K)

> I need realistic people in my fictional story with ghosts and mecha!
This is how retarded you sound.

Getting knocked up by a deadbeat that gtfo

It's fiction. Nobody gives a shit about whether something resembles real life or not. The only thing that matters is that is entertaining and makes sense. This is like complaining about the piss yellow sky in JoJo but being okay with stands. You don't get to pick what should be realistic or not in a story about teenagers using the souls of the dead to fight with huge weapons.

>A series getting axed doesn't determine its quality.
You're right, being axed because you got shitty ratings does. Because that's what happened.