Why did Yas Forums turn on Fate and Type Moon?

Why did Yas Forums turn on Fate and Type Moon?

Attached: 20190530-93287-header.jpg (1280x720, 146.39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

4gamer.net/games/266/G026651/20181228023/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It didn't. But it became popular enough that it was easy to hate for browny points.

its the usual Yas Forums contrarianism

FGO ruined the lore with that Men in Black-esque bullshit.

Type-Moon has always been entry level, but GO ushered in a new age of low quality content. Takeuchi's going to milk out whatever little creativity Nasu has left while shooting down any fun ideas just like he did with original Fate draft, now distilled to maximize whaling in one of the worst gachas in the market

Then we get another samey Ufotable adaptation years later with all the budget dumped into fight scenes

Attached: ee5bbcce16862047dd3159ee929fbda0.jpg (887x1100, 687.45K)

aliens were always a thing since the beginning though

Yas Forums turned on it because it was popular. And the optics of liking it doesn't stay inline with the general aesthetic hivemind of the board.
Me personally, I stopped caring about it cause Fate drifted away from a more focused character driven storytelling approach that pulled me into it in the first place.

I agree whit you user on most things but FGO. Is it low quality yes does it ruin the rest of the shows no. it's made to be "mindless fun" people shouldn't take it as canon.
I understand it's made to make money and milk pay pigs. And I'm ok whit that as long there is going to some other quality material comming out in the future

Attached: IMG_20191004_103729_405.jpg (904x1280, 129.68K)

Shut up, you've been wrong to sit there, and soon....

Blind. That must be it.

Attached: cooltext355775289107938.png (430x114, 25.7K)

>And I'm ok whit that as long there is going to some other quality material comming out in the future
Is about at the point I'm at. There are some good moments in between a lot of bad
Never again am I going to wish for one of my favorite mythological characters to get added to Fate though, Jesus Christ what they did to my man Odysseus was insane

I wanted a wily hero, and got /m/ with a boob window who's not even pan-history Odysseus in plot

Attached: ff34aca811de24eb5d54e0ade5f6d58b.jpg (2136x2484, 348.65K)

I turned on it when a subreddit and wikia appeared and made shitposting more accessible to basedboys and turbo autists.
It used to be you needed a high power level or register on the Beast's Lair to talk about Nasu fanfiction in detail, but armed with reddit and wikia Fate was now getting the Naruto/Bleach shitwar treatment.
I don't hate Fate, I have fond memories of it, but I fucking hate talking to zoomers regurgitating reddit and wikia.

The whole Mycenaean/Greek civilization is being treated like "dude look at their advanced technology". I think that's they way they found to translate that into modern terms.

Fgo ruined every concept in the franchise

fan wikis are the bane of media.
Just in general. Film, literarture, anime, comic books, whatever.

Typemoon lost it soul and Fate became another gacha.

>it's made to be "mindless fun" people shouldn't take it as canon.
Except it is canon and everything has to revolve around it these days it's TM's flagship product nowdays that's the problem. That and the fact it's not fun.

>Typemoon lost it soul and Fate became another gacha.

How does gacha harm the original work? How is it any worse than pachinko?
Most of those writers who created classic VN never had followup. Nasu, Ryukishi, Kouki, Butcher, Romeo, Takahiro, they burnt out or moved on. The only exception is Maeda Jun who keeps rewriting the same story over and over.
Originals are still the same. They can never be touched.

4gamer.net/games/266/G026651/20181228023/
今,僕の時間の半分は「FGO」に使っています。古くからTYPE-MOONを応援してくれている人達からは「浅い」と言われてしまうんですが,より広い層に楽しんでもらえるように間口を広げた結果として,最初はそう見えるかもしれません。
ただ,実際のところコアの部分は変わっていなくて,遊び続けてもらえば最後には「今までどおりのTYPE-MOONだ」と思ってもらえるような形を目指して作っています。どうか,最後まで付き合ってください。最初から全力でコアを曝け出していく今までのTYPE-MOONとは感じ方が違うとは思います。でも,根底は同じなんです。

>Right now I spend half of my time on "FGO". People that have been supporting TM since long ago say it's "shallow", and because we tried making a product that appeals to a wider audience it might appear that way at first. But actually, the core hasn't changed at all, and I'm trying to create the game in a way where if they only continue playing they'll think to themselves "It's the same TM I know." at the end. Please stick with us to the very end. It might feel different from the type-moon that used to expose it's core with full force from the very beginning, but the root is the same.

>original work introduces concept
>gacha adds shit, retcons shit and warps said concept

It's been going for almost 20 years and has only been good for like 2. It's basically Simpsons tier at this point.

>never had followup
>R07
>romeo
>takahiro
You understand they keep writing stuff, right?
They have some good years and move onto LNs or manga, which is still writing.

Tsukihime was great, but I never cared about Fate other than jerking off to some of the go characters, so I dont mind its current status.

> so I dont mind its current status.
I bet you won't be saying that when the inevitable FGO and Tsukihime crossover event happens.

Attached: Chokoreto.jpg (1913x1080, 322.12K)

>retcons shit

I have my original FSN torrent from 2004 and none of the gacha changes affected it.
Gacha is like fanart/fanfiction for fap. It's like Pixiv or danbooru. Don't fucking think too hard about it.

There's tons of new characters so Fate can be revived outside of GO. I like what they did in Fate/Type Redline for example. A holy grail war during WW2 with Okita and Nobu? Great! Do more of this.

>retcons shit
How many concept/lore/detail from old TM days that have been retconned in FGO?

>why yes, of course I can kill servants

Attached: gigashiki.jpg (1080x1331, 123.26K)

The biggest is probably the purpose of the HGW itself. While it used to be a ritual used by the big three families to try and reach the Root, now it's a bastardized version of how Alaya tries to summon Grands to protect humanity from Beasts

Which is a total shit idea if only for introducing the concept of Grands, who for some reason seem to be completely incapable of doing their fucking job without renouncing their Grand status simultaneously

>killing servants still being something impressive anymore
Shikibro...
Even 150cm Nero while she was still alive can fight and keep up with servants according to Septem........

Attached: 1584944869223.png (728x484, 355.89K)

>The biggest is probably the purpose of the HGW itself. While it used to be a ritual used by the big three families to try and reach the Root, now it's a bastardized version of how Alaya tries to summon Grands to protect humanity from Beasts
>Which is a total shit idea if only for introducing the concept of Grands, who for some reason seem to be completely incapable of doing their fucking job without renouncing their Grand status simultaneously

We've known that the Fuyuki HGW was based on a bigger ritual since 2005
>Q: About the power comparison between Arc and Servants, would the Arc being compared be the 30% one or the full one?
>A: That would be the 30% Arc. It takes 7 Counter Guardians to control the Primate Murder and the Servants of the Grail War are based on these.

/thread

>Except it is canon and everything has to revolve around it these days it's TM's flagship product nowdays that's the problem.
not that i disagree whit you i just made the choice to not count it as canon user desu from all the nasu verse i like KnK more now then fate. But in my opinion FGO at this moment could stand as its own thing we are getting still content from the original runs so im happy whit that. I can live whit my life ignoring the Go shit

Kara no Kyoukai is the only good type moon franchise. Prove me wrong.

That's right
you can't

Attached: __ryougi_shiki_kara_no_kyoukai_drawn_by_makimura_shunsuke__f38fb35aa307a7a389b6630c23734f13.png (848x1200, 1.59M)

>七騎の守護者
>7 Counter Guardians
Not this shit again. It's "The Seven Classes Guardians/Protectors", definitely not the same as 抑止の守護者 or カウンターガーディアン)

I haven't even read KnK and I agree.

you know why

Attached: niiRh64y.jpg (512x512, 65.11K)

Good. Read it and/or watch the movies. You won't regret it

Attached: __ryougi_shiki_kara_no_kyoukai_drawn_by_exa_koyuru__c1396e8fec87b6d57f718ce16fa510d0.png (611x597, 228.08K)

I refuse to prove you wrong.

Also the art regressed

Attached: 52-UBW03-05a-095.jpg (800x600, 103.92K)

I've been planning to, I need more weeb urban fantasy instead of Fate's increasingly stupid Dragon Ball Z powercreep.

Based. I would kill and die for the Shiki smile.

Attached: IMG_20200427_224946.jpg (1200x676, 65.77K)

Trust me KnK doesn't have any of that. It may be a bit 2deep4u in some places but overall it's a great series. Far better than the current type-moon shit.

you can't ever reed it user its no even translated unless you are a nip. Last i looked only one book was translated.
Its the worst asspill to swallow

Attached: 1540175495865.jpg (500x522, 36.03K)

so what about that mahoyo translation huh?

Luckily the movies are pretty good adaptations.

Attached: __ryougi_shiki_kara_no_kyoukai_drawn_by_okakasushi__f82c10bf05f222efc34b536c8c3851ff.png (1697x1200, 1.58M)