Mech is fucking shit now

>mech is fucking shit now
What went wrong?

Attached: d50d9d83a0119a4c2b80321fb5d1efd0.gif (500x281, 1.1M)

>now

That movie fucking sucked

too manly

yeah but the style was on point

>mech
It was good when people still called them mecha but deteriorated hard when faggots came in and started calling them mech.

Man, Nagano's art is so cool, if only his stories were less of a clusterfuck.

CG in my opinion, less details and more rigid/rubbery motions.

Would you like a mech series where the mechs were the girls? Has that been done? It seems like such a simple solution.

To clarify, the mechs turn into human sized girls but turn back into mechs when they fight.

That's retarded. You made a dumb post.

Wow that CGI looks wonky as fuck.

This is genius. You made a smart post.

Some show called Regalia or something along that line. Cool mecha designs but turned out extremely boring.

Robot Girls Z already exists.

Attached: unnamed.jpg (512x288, 55.49K)

I was briefly interested in that darling in the franxx series because thats what I thought it was going to be.

Darling in the chad will probably be the last anime with hand drawn mechs
You should have appreciate it more you nerds

>other anime with hand drawn mechs came out after Franxx
>it will probably be the last anime with hand drawn mechs
Nice going.

that never happened

mecha is dead
long live mecha

Attached: 1402018758456.gif (740x416, 2.94M)

The genre was saturated. They introduced too many weird derivatives unique to mecha, that don't make sense if you're not familiar. The more serious shows tend to drown in melodrama. Even the , everything got design creep, down to the characters.
The whole
>war horror
angle faulters when you introduce all these teenager squables.
Maybe it's because Japan is so disconnected from miltiarism and crime, but within the last 10-20 years, there's this tendency to dress all these views into the uglier side of the real world with fancy and whimsy. And yet their more grotesque genres are often the fantastical ones, and a lot more hideous.
When you try and fit these thematics about the desolation of war itself, but much of the drama is either fanciful or could be easily be turned to a high school SoL or arena battle shonen, it gradually creates dissonance. And it was a gradual process over many years due to design and demographic creep. If you're trying to get some message about war across, but the drama from war comes by your childhood buddy fighting for the other side, it doesn't always land. An actual war story would involve the MC cleaning the childhood friend's guts out of the mecha, while he's also constipated from eating prepackaged food for two weeks and dying to take a shit as he's fighting tears and sweat.

Fafner is pretty good but hiraiface and the subpar first half of season 1 filter most people.

Attached: 1586246454575.jpg (960x8636, 1.59M)

Pretty sure Granbelm isn't CG. And Sunrise will still alternate between CG and hand drawn robot anime.

Attached: 1567842274745.png (1019x1157, 1.02M)

Granbelm was hand drawn and came out a year later. It was also better than Franxx but that's not really anything noteworthy.

Mecha was, is and always will be complete shit

>granbelm
oh, its some kind of all female show
probably why i ignored it because they are shit by default

Granbelm is unironically better than Franxx. But hey, it your loss anyway so it's no skin off my back.

>Sunrise
They're also doing ReRise right now which is hand drawn mecha.

Attached: Kuon_03.jpg (2886x1080, 1.31M)

Its weird how mecha is such a niche genre, but it makes so much money.
I know, toys sells more and not everyone can produce them like Bandai does, but still its possible. No one is even trying.
At least i have giant backlog of old mecha anime and gundam is still alive and not planning to stop.

>Fafner is pretty good
It is pretty good only for a fujo bait show. Otherwise it is shit

Mecha is all about the relationship between men

Attached: (Onmitsu) Taiyou no Yuusha Figh Bird 43 [149525C0].mkv_snapshot_22.26_[2018.12.11_16.02.05].jpg (640x480, 30.55K)

Almost all Gundam is still 2D.

It's a pretty big niche given that it contains a lot of mainstream kids shows and some of the biggest anime titles ever.

I guess normalfags just wanna see isekai shit and they think that mecha shows are just big robots fighting and they only like eva because it's a "deconstruction" of the genre

>fujo bait
That's what mecha is.

>If you're trying to get some message about war across, but the drama from war comes by your childhood buddy fighting for the other side, it doesn't always land. An actual war story would involve the MC cleaning the childhood friend's guts out of the mecha
Gundam SEED was shit for many reasons, but I don't see what the fuck this complaint is. Your friend being killed by your other ex-friend who's fighting on the other side is just as heavy as what you just described (again, if it weren't done with SEED-tier character writing).

I love this scene.

Yea, but dont you agree that, besides Gundam, there is not much of it?
Gundam is big, REALLY big, "2020 Olympics walking Gundam" big, but besides Gundam there is not much of anime, games or even movies with robots of any kind.
Feels like its free money, but people too afraid to try it. Maybe mecha are just not that popular and i dont know that because i myself like them...

There's like 5 mecha anime airing this very season.

The fuck? There's tons of mecha shows and they're still making them. I think there are four that would be airing now if anything was airing now.

Guess im blind, havent seen any besides Gundam

Real robot isn't true mecha.

Gundam
Listeners
Earth Granner
Mashin Eiyuuden Wataru
Sakura Taisen

I remember reading the manga and then suddenly mother fucking SATAN.

Good thing the currently airing Gundam isn't real robot then.

You're the equivalent to a BFV fan: a lost cause who is blinded by the fact that the product you're defending is a objective pile of shit.

You deserve corona

>listeners
good premise, shit execution
>gundam build
soulless
these are the only two that I can think about

what like that pudgy bastard from that movie ai. mecha anincal. nobody says that

Isn't Zoids Wild still going as well?

Satan and space dragons and interdimensional monsters and giant robots and knights and ancient prophecies and god knows what else.

People realized mechs are stupid.
Combined arms > Mechs

Also giant naked six armed brown demon girls.