Scanlation Thread

What’s with the rise in C&D’s and authors requesting takedowns recently?
Also fuck FAKKU

Attached: 0F493271-A614-4F37-B78C-668FAE4FAABE.jpg (400x400, 29.7K)

They have more time on their hands now that everyone has nothing to do.

>What’s with the rise in C&D’s and authors requesting takedowns recently?
examples?

If an author requested takedowns, I would say fuck it and keep on going. What can they do from Japan?

In the past 2 days Shitty omnipresent Tencent. C&D’ed a Korean one (Wife demon queen), TL was up to chapter 188, new official now on 25 for free and releases weekly, so it’s about 3 years behind and Black Gakkou with the guys monster dick got an author takedown request, people think FAKKU have taken it.

Maybe they actually care about digital now that physical has gone to shit

Tencent have probably realised they can put their own Webtoon-like app out in the west

>Also fuck FAKKU
Why? It's a good service.

I wouldn’t care if it wasn’t for the fact that they are choosing chapter 25 as their starting point and going weekly. That’s 169+weeks to catch up with where they are now.
And just as I say that anyway, a new group just picked it up anyway

Last week an user said he finished translating the 4th chapter of Otome no Harawata Hoshi no Iro. It's still not released. Is he having trouble getting a group to use his TL or is he in the process of typesetting it himself?

Attached: 00001.jpg (764x1200, 134.61K)

Do you have no shame, Jacob?

Why do you scanlate? I do it to promote works that may otherwise not see an official english release. Should that day come, my work is no longer needed. I don't see a problem. Not like Fakku provides a bad service. They don't have DRM and have a good site reader.

Have you ever gotten someone angry for sniping them?

>Black Gakkou with the guys monster dick got an author takedown request

Doesn't matter as long as they continue to release it.

>piracy making the mangaka of the series you're tl'ing genuinely upset on his twitter
>Says something like "I hate all these pirates on twitter saying they like my work, it's like complimenting a farmer after you steal and eat his crop"
罪悪感が強い...

they should blame their publishers that largely refuse to move past busiiness practises of the late 90s. there is no reason manga can't be easily available in a high quality digital format and quickly translated to at least the languages of major potential markets. could even use scanlator autism to get it done cheaply but it's not like large publishers would need to rely on that.
on the other hand we can be thankful for the nips being stuck in the past as it protects the medium from outside influence

>have no problem reading pirated manga
>but feel guilty translating it

It feels like I'm letting them down somehow.

Sad to see that Souryuu got brainwashed by a jew.

>they should blame their publishers that largely
This thread was started by hating on a good official english language service. No matter what happens, these types of pirates will continue to want the content for free.

I see too many people saying stupid things to them like that.

The new group is dropping, but I think dropout is sticking with it?

I hope they at least pay you above minimum wage, you fucking shill.

Carry on pirating content if you must. No one is trying to stop you. But don't try to act as if your piracy is justified and a creator's feelings on their work being pirated is not.

Is the guy translating Hinako and Nuga Shite still here?

>chink C&Ding shit
We've really gone full circle huh.

The overseas market is as big as it is today because of piracy. It's stupid to complain about it regardless of what authors say.

Do not argue with a shill, they only care about sucking his master's dick, most likely jewcob in this case.

Piracy may have helped create the audience when there weren't official and accessible options. But the size of the market is not measured by the piracy, but the official sales. If there are official avenues available, then there isn't a need for piracy. This is the creators livelihoods, they want to be compensated for their work. That's a fair ask imo.

Figure this is as good a place as any to ask. I've purchased the eBook for Parallel Paradise Vol 1, and neither of the sites I've been to give a straight epub to download. Is there a site that does give a straight readable file that doesn't rely on a proprietary reader, or is there a way to extract said file? Total newfag question.

>If there are official avenues available, then there isn't a need for piracy
And that's the problem, there is not.
There's THOUSANDS of light novels, manga and doujins that would go untranslated without piracy.
In fact, many titles that get an official translation happen because it's fan translation counterpart proved popular.

You clearly only care about your own consumption of others work and not the people who make the work. I'm not above piracy, I do it myself. But I'm not so deluded as to think it's entirely justified, especially when there are accessible official options.

I'm not arguing against that. I'm talking about when there are official options available.

>fuck FAKKU
That's what started this thread. Why though, they offer a decent service and its not like that content isnt available.

>many titles that get an official translation happen because it's fan translation counterpart proved popular.
Also, there's just as many that don't cause english scnalations are widely available already so publishers don't see the point.

No, you need to rip it, difficulty depends on the store.

Shit. I got one from Google Play Books (Lel) and one from Bookwalker because I wasn't sure. Are there any decent tutorials? (I'd even be willing to give someone access to just rip it for me if possible.)

Google play books should be pdf or epub, Calibre can handle that. bookwalker is tougher and beyond a simple two sentence "do that" guide