Figured out that Jotaro is full copy of character Momo from Sakigake!! Otokojuku. Araki disappointed me...

Figured out that Jotaro is full copy of character Momo from Sakigake!! Otokojuku. Araki disappointed me. The same manner of speech, the same pathos, cloak. The cap of another hero, but is on the covers of the manga.

Attached: [HnG-Otoko] Sakigake!! Otokojuku 03 v2 (DVD) [BD2EF59D].mkv_snapshot_17.27_[2020.04.27_10.16.52].jpg (640x480, 32.47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S6Xn3q5mjAU
youtube.com/watch?v=n8GFpXmt9cA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Attached: [HnG-Otoko] Sakigake!! Otokojuku 03 v2 (DVD) [BD2EF59D].mkv_snapshot_02.27_[2020.04.27_10.27.56].jpg (640x480, 60.66K)

Attached: [HnG-Otoko] Sakigake!! Otokojuku 04 (DVD) [C9B72668].mkv_snapshot_21.49_[2020.04.27_11.12.23].jpg (640x480, 33.02K)

Attached: [HnG-Otoko] Sakigake!! Otokojuku 03 v2 (DVD) [BD2EF59D].mkv_snapshot_02.28_[2020.04.27_10.28.18].jpg (640x480, 47.19K)

This the anime about boarding school boys getting spanked?

Yes
It's harder there. Keep stone slabs all night, sit in boiling oil.

Manga cover from mangaka.

Attached: 108061.jpg (225x320, 52.82K)

I know this is a joke post but all Jump manga used to very explicitly inspired by one another, most of the major guys from the 80's were all connected through being assistants or teachers to the other legends. Nothing in Jump really started in the 80's. In fact, Otokojuku is explicitly a remake of Miyashita's first Jump manga which started in 1979 but got cancelled because an assistant snuck in names of real schools in the list of conquered places that the yakuza had overthrown.

Attached: 1.jpg (645x1009, 296.16K)

no shit...

Attached: Screenshot_20200412_013853_com.android.chrome.jpg (1080x2340, 462.71K)

No, I am serious, I don’t know much about the 80s manga, I watched only dragonball and fist. Obviously, Jonathan is Kenshiro, but Jotaro is news to me.
>snuck in names of real schools in the list of conquered places that the yakuza had overthrown.
Tell me more, why it is problem? Mafia pressure?
Whoa lol

Attached: 1427007318751.jpg (1280x720, 113.31K)

No, the schools were outraged. Imagine having your schools be associated with what reads as a vengeful mangaka triumphant that in his work you've been conquered by thugs. The series was popular but the controversy was big enough they abruptly cancelled it, stopped collecting it after the first volume and even destroyed or lost the work so they couldn't collect it. They only fully reprinted it like ten years ago and they did it by scanning the old magazines so the quality wasn't preserved as good as it could have been. But all Miyashita's work basically comes from that one popular series (which is fully scanlated), its sequel (Gokutora Ikka) was another long-running series set in the same universe and very similar but with a different protagonist. Then he remade the series with Otokojuku (after his artstyle had become more refined) and most of his manga since have been sequels or spin-offs to Otokojuku, is a sequel to (thirty years after it ended) and then he made Goku!! Otokojuku which was a sequel to Shiritsu 2011 and officially combined the two franchises.

But the guy who started the Jump trend that Miyashita and others were continuing was his teacher's teacher who debuted in the 60's (when Jump was founded). Most of the other guys from the 70's and 80's apart from the gag manga types were also inspired by him or the assistants of him or the assistants of his assistants or inspired by those assistants, etc. (Akira Miyashita, Yoshihiro Takahashi, Masami Kurumada, Norihiro Nakajima, Shinji Hiramatsu, Tetsuo Hara, Buronson, Tatsuya Egawa, Tetsuya Saruwatari, Masanori Morita, Koji Maki, Yoichi Takahashi, Hirohiko Araki, Tsukasa Hojo, etc.)

Attached: 11.jpg (759x1200, 281.45K)

So intresting, thank you.
Do not know where his work can be downloaded, including this destroyed? I want to read them all.
> Gokutora Ikka
Hmm, it is not in the Mal database.
> (Akira Miyashita, Yoshihiro Takahashi, Masami Kurumada, Norihiro Nakajima, Shinji Hiramatsu, Tetsuo Hara, Buronson, Tatsuya Egawa, Tetsuya Saruwatari, Masanori Morita, Koji Maki, Yoichi Takahashi, Hirohiko Araki, Tsukasa Hojo, etc.)
Save this

Attached: 1a0d07d894b77011a6e9351c1409d496.jpg (515x585, 44.54K)

If Jotaro was a copy of Momotaro then he would be based, he is instead the same look but none of the personality.

This was pretty odd at the time because Otokojuku was older than JJBA by 2 years, I can't think of many 80s series that referenced stuff that came out after them. Nice touch though, was only for the anime though.

2nding this, Motomiya Hiroshi almost single handedly made WSJ the magazine it is. Nearly everything that came after is connected to it in some long winded way. Otoko Ippiki Gaki Daishou and Kinnikuman are WSJ's most important series in terms of influence.

Whatever has been scanlated by Akira Miyashita is on MD.

Attached: c4f754acb6e12f8e971963ccc3b94064.jpg (700x493, 63.01K)

> MD
Write full name, pls.

Mangadex.

Attached: DoQGUUAVYAAwBtG.jpg (800x565, 75.84K)

> Mangadex.
Thank you, bro

Wait until you find out about an obscure little series called fist of the north star

Both are copies of Kenshiro.

When I was new to Yas Forums, I legitimately believed Fist of the North Star and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure were the same thing. I was genuinely shocked to learn that they were not.

No OP, Momotaro has a different personality, he's not a silent aspie who never smile.

>all 80s shonen/battle manga are the same
No disagreement here.

Wasn't there this skit during the school festival arc where the self insert of the author was complaining that Hokuto no Ken and Captain Tsubasa where much more successful than his manga?

>Otokojuku thread
Hell yeah
youtube.com/watch?v=S6Xn3q5mjAU

It's not even like it's that hard to see the connections to Otoko. Ring ni Kakero and Hokuto no Ken are both acknowledged as very influential for Jump but of the the two artists and one writer who made those two manga, both artists would later serialize an Otoko Ippiki tribute in Jump, one artist was inspired to get into the industry because of Otoko Ippiki and briefly worked as an assistant for Motomiya, the writer was an assistant during Otoko Ippiki and the other artist was an assistant of another Otoko Ippiki assistant. That's not even including the major early Jump creators that are obscure in the West but were also very tied to Motomiya. Or his Jump assistants who went to do work in seinen magazines (where he was also important). Otoko Ippiki so solidified Motomiya's career at Shueisha that he went on to be their most published creator despite rarely having long-running series and multiple assistants of his and other people he influenced are in the Top 25. He helped launch multiple seinen magazines (most notably Weekly Young Jump) and was one of the first hits in Monthly Shonen Jump, his collected work launched brands and formats (like Jump Comics, Jump Super Comics, Young Jump Comics, Playboy Comics, Shueisha Manga Bunko) and he still appears in Grand Jump and Weekly Young Jump today.

COOL EYES
youtube.com/watch?v=n8GFpXmt9cA

Christ, imagine if Toei got their hand on JJBA in the 80s.

Attached: 1230953826399.jpg (648x1012, 1.03M)

I watched. Yes, he has his face. And the studio is the same Toei, many same voice actors. But they only have a common GAR concept.
Jotaro-Momo and his predecessor have an obvious borrowing.
Here's Kenshiro-Jonathan too.

Attached: [TV-Japan] Hokuto no Ken - 003 Raw (Remastered-DVD 640x480 x264 AC3).mkv_snapshot_11.01_[2013.10.20_19.35.49].jpg (640x480, 32.58K)

>GAR
Damn, it's been a very long time since I saw that word.

Jotaro is more of a cross between Momo and Kenshiro. He's just a nod to 80s action film main characters in general.

>the writer was an assistant during Otoko Ippiki
I believe Motomiya and Buronson knew each other from their Air Force days and when Motomiya went to draw manga Buronson wanted to do the same but admitted he coudln't draw for shit so Motomiya told him to just write instead and partner up with artists. I don't know if Motomiya specifically got Buronson and Hara together but I know they both knew him.

>both artists would later serialize an Otoko Ippiki tribute in Jump
I don't care so much about Otokozaka but I would love to read Takeki Ryuusei.

Attached: 5422382-2.jpg (474x750, 179.19K)

jojo rippedo off persona

What was the principals name again?

>rippedo