HxH

I'm like 17 episodes in and I'm starting to get bored. Is it worth continuing or not? The hunter exam shit is lagging bad and I'm already getting bored of the characters, they're not being developed at all. The exam stuff is fucking mindlessly boring. They just keep getting lucky, there aren't any trials. I feel like the writers were just making this shit up randomly and saying "oh, yeah that sounds good, Gon is going to spend an episode learning to catch birds so he can get the tag, then it's all going to be pointless anyways because Hisoka is just going to give him the tag and Gon isn't going to like it but it doesn't matter." Like what is that shit? The main character is fucking inept. Like yeah he is cute but he doesn't do shit except "try his best" and get fucking lucky. Kurapika is a fucking meme character, she is even satirized right from the beginning. Reorio is funny sometimes, and is a good foil but he is even more worthless than Gon. Killua is basically a clone of Gon personality-wise but with more "oh shit, look how mysterious this white-haired boy is! He is so powerful and mysterious! Let's make some throw-away characters underestimate him because he is a boy so he can shock them with his mystery and power!" Tonpa is a fat faggot and I wish his character was dead already. Realistically he would've have made it past the first phase of the trail since he is so fucking fat. The only good character is Hisoka and I wish Hisoka would just fucking murder everyone already. This whole show should be about Hisoka losing his shit and killing all the hunters since they're all a bunch of faggots (like really, an obese shithead, an old man, some random whore in stilettos, etc. all the hunters are so underwhelmingly boring). And making episodes like episode 13 should be illegal. That shit was cursed.

Does it fucking get better or can I just stop here?

Attached: 160935.jpg (467x700, 86.42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

myanimelist.net/anime/genre/42/Seinen
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Hunter x Hunter is a genuine masterpiece. Its drama possesses that can’t-put-down quality common to the best genre entertainment, but its appeal is based on an understanding of storytelling and dramatic fundamentals so strong that it essentially serves as a living blueprint for writing compelling stories.

>They just keep getting lucky, there aren't any trials.
Gon relies on a technique that respects the difficulty of his conflicts while overcoming them with strategically and dramatically satisfying flair: lateral thinking.

If you’re not familiar, solving a problem with lateral thinking involves arriving at a solution that lies outside of the terms of the problem as presented, but nonetheless solves the initial problem. The classic example is the Gordian Knot.

Gon cuts all sorts of Gordian Knots across the course of the Hunter Exam, consistently solving problems by thinking outside the box. Through this focus on lateral thinking, Togashi is able to consistently present challenges for Gon which he is nonetheless able to solve in a manner that feels both realistic and clever.

At one point, Gon is presented with a challenge where he and an opponent must each try to keep a candle lit, with whoever’s candle goes out first being declared the loser. Of course, given Gon’s opponent was the one who actually prepared the candles, the two sticks are fixed, and Gon’s candle soon begins to burn with the raging intensity of the oil it’s been drenched in. Confronted with this swiftly burning candle, Gon realizes the terms of the engagement have changed. Now that his candle is burning so intensely, it no longer needs his support to stay alight - so he’s free to place it on the ground, dash to his opponent, and blow their candle out without his failing first. Gon turns a challenge that’s ostensibly about preparation and concentration into one hinged on physical agility, seizing a lateral solution to an impossible problem the moment it reveals itself.

Attached: 1495807058857.png (280x250, 43.63K)

>Kurapika
>she
Oh it's bait. Try again Wan Piss fag.

Absolutely based

Hxh is just a run of the mill shounen, with even more internal dialogues to dump exposition.

If you don't enjoy shounen, you won't enjoy this.

>Wan Piss fag
Never seen it. I'm new to anime stuff. I've only watched Berserk, Cowboy Bebop, and Neon Genesis Evangelion, all of which I loved. I decided to give HxH a chance but as you can see, I'm not enjoying it too much. It just seems like a glorified (see ) kid's show.

Hmm so your criticism of a 12 year old is that he behaves like a 12 year old? Ahh

Hunter exam is the worst arc desu keep going

>At one point, Gon is presented with a challenge where he and an opponent must each try to keep a candle lit, with whoever’s candle goes out first being declared the loser. Of course, given Gon’s opponent was the one who actually prepared the candles, the two sticks are fixed, and Gon’s candle soon begins to burn with the raging intensity of the oil it’s been drenched in. Confronted with this swiftly burning candle, Gon realizes the terms of the engagement have changed. Now that his candle is burning so intensely, it no longer needs his support to stay alight - so he’s free to place it on the ground, dash to his opponent, and blow their candle out without his failing first. Gon turns a challenge that’s ostensibly about preparation and concentration into one hinged on physical agility, seizing a lateral solution to an impossible problem the moment it reveals itself.
Yeah, that was the lamest "surprise solution" I've ever seen. I refuse to believe that blowing the other guy's candle wasn't the first thing that came to mind to anyone who isn't mentally retarded. Then again, this is a shitty anime for kids, so maybe it was supposed to feel a genuinely unexpected outcome for its audience.

>If you don't enjoy shounen, you won't enjoy this.
This might be the problem. The show is for kids. I didn't know it would be so mindless when I started it, mostly because of all the hype on this board. The writing is really bad. I guess I have to find anime for people my age.

>people my age
How old are you?

Yeah, that was really anti-climactic. It was hardly thinking outside the box. I felt like they spent half an episode setting that up just for the whole problem to be solved in five seconds. That was probably one of the first red flags for me that the writers were lazy.

The first arc of the series is definitely the weakest. That's not to say that it's bad, though. The story definitely gets much better as it goes on.

22, and as I said here I'm pretty new to anime, so I don't really know how to judge what anime to watch.

It's boring show. Don't fall for the few shitposters on Yas Forums who say it's one of the best things ever.

Seinen are the series targeted to older males.
myanimelist.net/anime/genre/42/Seinen

Shonen anime really aren't worth watching in the ADHD age. If you can't stomach sitting through 100+ episodes consider yourself lucky, and a normie.

Oh, okay, thank you for pointing out the shonen/seinen distinction, I didn't know what that was. That'll help me find better stuff. I did ask people the other day in a thread if it was for kids and they all told me that it's fine for adults. I was tricked lmao

Fucking retard why do you keep replying to this guy he makes hxh bait threads every day

>dramatic fundamentals
i fucking hate when fucking reviewers say this fucking shit, its so fucking cringe. watch 10 shows that ''understand the fundamentals'' and then shit on everything, thats the way of the retard. everything you like must be a masterpiece.

naiso baitu faggotu

You have to realize that majority of anime are taken from manga. These manga aren't written by teams of writers that carefully concoct a story and plan it out beforehand, they're generally all written by a singular person, who is also the artist in charge of drawing the manga too; the mangaka. This isn't always the case but it's a big factor into why many anime will start off with an interesting concept and gradually lose the plot and shit the bed. These stories are written by people on a week to week deadline that involves creating and drawing a story.

Now there are anime adapted from light novels or anime originals like NGE that function differently but they are much less common.

one piece may be more up your alley

Attached: 1494058533535.jpg (936x1300, 104.2K)

>worth continuing

I'd say finish up to the Yorknew arc and if it that doesn't get you interested, drop it.

>does it get better?

Yes, Yorknew is the best arc, then Chimera ant.

This show has the best power system of any shounen given the limitations aspect. It's not just a new super saiyan level or Ichigo becoming a stand user ninja out of the writer's ass.

HunterxHunter is kinda like media like Harry Potter where it grows over time with the audience. From the perspective of the later material it's no where near the level of "shows for kids" that it starts out as, but it still is one the whole time. I'll just say it does get better, but the speed at which things happen doesn't really ever change so if you hate the characters now you probably won't be able to enjoy them later. Just know that the main reason it's considered so good is because it occupies the same space as Naruto and Bleach, not shows like Berserk or Bebop.

You weren't really. The current arc is less about physical battles and more about political strategies and such which the younger readers find boring. The maturity level in the series grew to accommodate the original fans who are now older.

Hmmm interesting, so some of you found it gets better. It's not like I completely hate the show. I just feel like there is better stuff I could be watching, but if the show matures with time, then maybe I'll keep pushing on. I'm going to look at some other shows before I decide what to do. But thanks for your advice.

The other user is right. Watch til York New arc. If you still don't like it by then, drop it.

hunter exam is easily the weakest arc. you're only 17 episodes in, yorknew is great and chimera ant even better. although i loved the anime since the first episodes gotta be honest

>unironic "it gets better after 50 episodes"

Some people don't enjoy battle shounens. If he doesn't enjoy it already the time investment isn't worth it.

can you read? i said i loved it as soon as i started, i think it's one of the best shonen out there hands down. 17/150 isn't enough watch time to criticize it imho, york new city arc is amazing but hunter exam too was very enjoyable for me and i don't even like shonen much, i'm more of crime/seinen type of person