Wait what

Wait what

Attached: image.jpg (1305x865, 188.74K)

O MY RUBBER NEN

>Titanfags will defend this

what the fuck are you talking about, practically everyone called the author a hack for this ever since it was shown in the manga.

If you dislike asspulls, read HxH, and don't even bother reading/watching shounenshit like SnK. Seriously, you're asking for a mediocre experience if you subject yourself to shounenshit.

Attached: 1572732913221.jpg (2005x1243, 1.09M)

I see you have stopped posting on /snk/. I don't blame you, that shit is a dumpster fire

I don't care about Attack on Titan and never will, but what's with that nervous system?

Attached: 13n4h7ism7z21.jpg (600x802, 66.59K)

don't think

O

Does this guy have a condition or something? Why did he lose his skeleton? I didn't even know you could live like that.

Nah, most people agree on this being pretty farfetched even by SNKs standard.

He's fine.

No they don't

this is what happens when you put
>guy with plot armor up until then
against
>guy that can do no wrong at that point in the story
you're forced to create a really bad scenario if the two interact just to save face for either characters

Attached: Imthearmoredtitan.jpg (1180x720, 243.46K)

There's definitely some people that do defend that in the general. Even if it's just one retard with a lot of time in his hands. Or someone pretending to be a retard, which is basically the same thing. I've seen this shit multiple times.

I think there are people who try to explain it within the realms of the canon, which is fine and something that can be done easily, but explaining something doesn't mean you're defending it. It's fucking stupid.

O MY TITAN BRAIN

In this case, there's no difference between explaining it and defending it, because the explanation is going to be supported by the stupid rules created by the author, that is; to use the rules he set up as the basis for any explanation is accepting a priori the stupidity of the whole show. You cannot explain that scene and not admitting it is a stupid show as a whole by implication.

>You cannot explain that scene and not admitting it is a stupid show as a whole by implication.
Except you can.
Frodo has a mithril shirt, so why didn't someone just bury an arrow in his head?
Stupid rules in fiction don't make the fiction as a whole stupid. Frodo being attacked in the torso time and again so that his mithril shirt saves him, is stupid. But LOTR isn't stupid.
Eren using his titan body as an extension of his own nervous system, and by extension his brain, is stupid. But SNK isn't stupid.

What matters most is what the author chooses to do with his rules, and this is Isayama's failing.
>Don't stand anywhere near a thunderspear.
>Blows apart a tree.
>Mikasa detonates a thunderspear in her own face and nothing happens to her but Reiner gets fucked up.

Should Isayama have done the whole mind transfer thing? No, it's fucking stupid and hasn't been addressed before or since.
Should Isayama have had Mikasa fire a thunderspear and detonate it in her own face? No, it's fucking stupid and hasn't been addressed before or since.

There's a massive difference in defending, and explaining. Learn it.

Why was this even necessary. Just make him survive Levi's attack thanks to regeneration. Literally what's the point. I can't even call it an asspull because it just happens for no reason

Reiner using his titan body as an extension of his own nervous system, and by extension his brain, is stupid. But SNK isn't stupid.*
FFS

>If you dislike asspulls, read HxH
lol no hxh has asspulls too dont listen to this retard. emperor time was literally the same as this

>Frodo has a mithril shirt, so why didn't someone just bury an arrow in his head?
Because there's literally no firearm/ranged weapon training that tells you to aim for the head unless you're at short range and the target is immobile. You aim for the body because it's a bigger target

In a setting where Elves and Men regularly outrange the boundaries of what's considered possible for archery with headshots and precision accuracy being used to counter armour, that argument simply doesn't fly.

I TRANSFERRED MY BRAIN TO MY ASS. O MY RUBBER CONSCIOUSNESS

Never seen or read LOTR, so I'm just going by what you are mentioning.
There's a huge difference in those two examples. In the LOTR one there are no stupid or belief-breaking rules. The shirt is basically inpenetrable (or the equivalent of it from your description) and it just so happens that throughout his adventure, Frodo only gets hit in his torso. This does not imply anything that is completely unbelievable because all the rules it incompasses are all reasonably realistic for the universe, and it's not even that much of a reach that he would only get hit in the torso rather than a limb or the head, seeing as the torso is the largest portion of the body and usually shooters of all weapons tend to aim for it. The head, on the other hand, is a relatively small and constantly shifting moving, and a lot harder to hit. All in all, I would say it is well within acceptable for a fictional story.

The SnK example, on the other hand, ONLY works if you accept a fundamentaly broken view of how biology and the nervous system works, which is not the same as saying "because magic", which would be acceptable in a fantasy story, altough unsatisfactory. Isayama goes out of his way to try and use concepts that exist in the real world and try to use real world rules to explain something that goes beyond the fantastical and into the nonsensical. You can't transfer your consciousness to your "nervous system". YOU cannot live in a body whose brain has been obliterated by subsiding in any other part of the body. This is a fundamental truth that we all know. You can make new rules that override this, but you can't use real world rules to explain themselves away. Also, to add insult to injury, in the process, you contradict a fundamental rule you created in the fantasy of the show; the removal of the nape, which was also blown up completely in the explosion. That entire scene was a travesti and should never be explained, as doing so itself is accepting ridiculous premises

when you are in titan form your consciousness is tied to your titan not your physical body. are you all retarded?

*didn't read gif*
I saw the last line that said, "should never be explained, as doing so itself is accepting ridiculous premises" and didn't bother reading the text above.
You CAN explain something without accepting the premise. I, for example, CAN explain the reasons for believe in god, while not accepting that god exists.
Retard. Done.

>If you dislike asspulls, read HxH, and don't even bother reading/watching shounenshit
Kek

That's fine. I mean, titans are basically giant humans so it's alright in my book. But here he's still human. How would that even work? He creates a tiny brain inside him? Also, you might as well regenerate the rest of your body from your own brain at that point instead of using this weird explanation

I never said you can't explain it. Just that you can't do so without condemning the whole show as stupid. Your example has no relation to what I'
m saying

Attached: Togashis back.jpg (400x350, 27.38K)

>Just that you can't do so without condemning the whole show as stupid.
BUT I CAN YOU RETARD. THAT SCENE IS FUCKING STUPID, BUT I LOVE SNK. FUCK OFF.

>you can't do so without condemning the whole show as stupid
Not him, but why would you need to condemn the whole shoe as stupid for a single stupid moment? That's dumb

There's no need to be upset, friend

Let me put it this way, You can like SnK just fine while also finding that part absolutely ridiculous. I did for a long time. All I'm saying is that when someon mentions that scene and says that it is stupid and makes no sense, don't try to respond with "b-but it does make sense, see, in the rules of the show etc...", because you will just embarass yourself trying to explain it and exposes just hoiw dumb the author can be, all for just to fail in making the scene make any more sense because it just doesn't. Just accept that it is stupid and nonsensical.

btw, I'm not saying you don't, I'm just talking about the retards who do try to explain, whatever their feelings about it, which is what started this whole dicussion. Again, by trying to explain the scene you discredit the whole universe.

MY