SAC 2045: Gone In The Shitter

>animation
animation itself is fine, definitely looks worse compared to the originals but they're also trying out a new style. Blame the co-studio (SOLA Digital Arts - same shitstain responsible for the new Ultraman animated series) for the horrendous CG since they re apparently using mocap for some animations.
>character designs
Someone should've performed a late term abortion on Ilya Kuvshinov the plagiariser.
>plot
Fuck off with this pretentious plot. We all know how it's going to end. They didn't even try to hide it. If you watched GITS SAC Solid State Society then it's very obvious how the plot of this shit lines up with the plot of that movie.
>characters
Purin a cute, Batou is based, but them butchering almost all of the original Section 9's member's personalities is a fucking abomination. Major being turned into a woman that gets manhandled on the first 3 episodes and the 1st season ends with her not even demonstrating her god-like hacking capabilities that were previously present in all SAC media is a fucking atrocity. Don't even get me started on them changing Togusa.
>music
nigger-tier.
>direction
0/10. I don't believe for one that the original directors that made the previous SAC series are responsible for this atrocity.

This is GITS made for zoomers and brainlets. If you want to watch a more recent GITS media, watch GITS:Arise and the movie sequel. If you want to watch an episode of this shit, go straight to EP7 and stop right there. Don't waste your time on this horseshit. It's so fucking bad that it's even worse than a horseshit you find lying on a barn. They deliberately made the anime thinking that it's going to be be good, but it turned out like a cake made with shit.

Attached: SAC_2045.jpg (1920x910, 699.33K)

Kamiyama is way past his prime. Nothing he does these days is any good.

Only complaint I do have that does linger with me is they basically borrowed the plot of 009:Call of Justice. With "beyond human capability" hell even using cybernetics as the platform for this is similar.

I'm just saddened that this was the result of the original team, not it getting pawned off on some unrelated hacks.

Its good but the music is definitely meh and the cg depends on how much you like to exaggerate the >CG sperging.
>pretentious plot
My fucking sides, all of them are pretentious then.

The first five or six episodes are spent trying to rebuild S9 so it can be lent to the Americans to work on post-humans, except they need to be rescued, because former-S9 has been kidnapped by the Americans to work on post-humans. The only difference being that the NSA has for some reason decided that the only people they think capable of doing this job must be immediately killed after, despite the possibility existing that they'll be needed later.

I do not understand how this was signed off on.

this is the part I don't understand and genuinely convinced me that the original people that worked on SAC and the team that worked on this one are completely different. The end of SAC SSS definitely implied that Motoko is aware of what's going to happen in the next decade hence why S9 will be definitely needed. Then this abomination started started off with S9 being disbanded with Motoko and the squad w/o Togusa running their own PMC gigs. They could've started with S9 being directly needed by the americans to counteract the post-humans threat but they went through a whole 6 episode of retardation instead.

Attached: abomination.jpg (1920x910, 707.48K)

Plus I don't buy that Batou and Motoko on the other end of SAC would just run off to go be PMCs for a couple years. The 4th world war was a pretty fucking harrowing experience for the two of them, hardened wetwork operators or not. Hell, Motoko took a year or two off totally dark after 2nd gig, but she stayed around doing her usual stuff off the record. This wasn't their solution in the first season either.
It's just a weird character shift, particularly after so much of 2nd gig hinges on Motoko's reflection on how she even got where she is, that it's essentially a cruel joke that somehow she's the one on the 'right side' with the law and government behind her despite spending the war following her orders instead of her conscience.
It just feels disconnected from the characters we've seen up to this point.

what 360 game is this?

Interesting that you omit the part where Illya's self-insert breakdances to dodge bullets and has an effortless hand-to-hand battle with Motoko and wins, then blackflips away while flashing his cock and balls to the audience.
Why did you omit that?

>Patri(arch) Huge (MrMcHugeLarge)
>1to1 self-insert
>waifu maid bodyguard squad
>Gary Stu
>Moeblob pinkhair teen with workshop gestures
>Hey I made ED check it on netflix!
>It's another 3 workshop poses

My sides I'm honored to be a snownigger, this fag is hilarious.

Attached: 1585424981396.webm (1280x720, 1.73M)

>Purin a cute

Attached: 1574397510416.png (472x458, 315.92K)

this is hilarious, I will now watch it on netflix
this happens more than you might think

CONTRARIAN FORCE TO THE RESCUE!
>it's not bad if you ignore the CGI!
>it's pretty much regular SAC because there's discussions about politics!
>the CG is the only reason why you don't like it!
>not great, not terrible, I kinda like it!
>there was also cute character designs and comedy in the manga, this isn't different at all!
>hahah Ilya is pretty based, dabbing on the haters like that!
>I love it when they show the major's ass lol!
>There's cute girls!
>you're just hating it because you're a contrarianfag!
>you're just hating it because you're a mindless drone!
>You fuckers only hate it because it's not a 1:1 copy of what came before!
>I watched episode X, it's kino
>Every adaptation so far was different from the source material, why complain about it now?
>Just ignore what you don't like about it and enjoy the spectacle!
>Also ignore the fact that the spectacle is just bad CG acrobatics!
>hahah they're cracking jokes just like that one time in SAC, see it's not different at all!
>wow Togusa did kung fu instead of shooting someone that's badass!
>it's fun! why do you hate fun?!
>the animation isn't that bad! you just have to ignore that the models are poorly rigged, matter has no weight, the lighting is horrendous, the camera angles are completely arbitrary and actions have no impact!
>it grew on me!
>I got used to it!
>a horribly subpar product is better than no product!
>the writing is great. you just have to disregard absolutely everything else to enjoy it!
>they did their best!
>it's not bad if you ignore all of the bad stuff!
>it's okay. 9/10 so far!
>nobody forces you to watch it!

I'm just posting this here since the other thread 404'd for no reason

I'm just agreeing to shut you up, since you'll never understand how wrong you are. Liking something doesn't mean it's objectively influential, but okay. Believe what you wish. You could argue anything is highly influential.

there, kiss my nuts.

Goddammit Shadman.

>Purin a cute
Fuck you.

Based zoomer

You could just admit that you're not familiar with the works influenced by it, user.

It didn't even feel like a ghost in the shell series. I was pretty disappointed.

>it's not bad if you ignore the CGI!
the CGI is not too bad, aside from the glossy skin texture
>it's pretty much regular SAC because there's discussions about politics!
they present a lot of half-baked ideas, hopefully they expand on them in s2
>the CG is the only reason why you don't like it!
might be true for some people
>not great, not terrible, I kinda like it!
yeah, kinda average so far
>there was also cute character designs and comedy in the manga, this isn't different at all!
true, however it's quite different both in direction and tone, just like every adaptation
>hahah Ilya is pretty based, dabbing on the haters like that!
personally, don't care much for him
>I love it when they show the major's ass lol!
true
>There's cute girls!
true
>you're just hating it because you're a contrarianfag!
I'm sure a lot of people do it to be contrarian, many of those didn't even watch it, aside frome the reposted webms from like 2 episodes
>you're just hating it because you're a mindless drone!
also possible for a lot of people
>You fuckers only hate it because it's not a 1:1 copy of what came before!
kind of a retarded reason, none of the adaptations were 1:1
>I watched episode X, it's kino
yeah ep 7 is peak kino
>Every adaptation so far was different from the source material, why complain about it now?
exactly
>Just ignore what you don't like about it and enjoy the spectacle!
not really a good point, but I'm sure many do ignore other series' shortcomings and still like them
>Also ignore the fact that the spectacle is just bad CG acrobatics!
ep 5 was by far the most wacky of the episodes, I'm thinking it was for viral marketing purposes, lot of people give it the series more exposure it would've got otherwise
>hahah they're cracking jokes just like that one time in SAC, see it's not different at all!
kinda

>watch GITS:Arise
This show, with its glaring problems, is better than Arise.

Attached: GitS1587688407254.jpg (1040x720, 206.14K)

Not the same user, but GITS is objectively is highly influential on the whole cyberpunk genre. I don't know why you're so defensive about not knowing this stuff, not your fault, you probably didn't exist at all during the 90's and was in your diapers in early 00's.

Attached: ghost-in-the-shell1_5-840x608.jpg (840x608, 58.82K)

>wow Togusa did kung fu instead of shooting someone that's badass!
only the Major used a cyber nova in that scene against the constructs, everyone else, even the bodyguards were using CQC, also made a lot of sense when he didn't shoot at the agents in the other episode
>it's fun! why do you hate fun?!
well, why do you?
>the animation isn't that bad! you just have to ignore that the models are poorly rigged, matter has no weight, the lighting is horrendous, the camera angles are completely arbitrary and actions have no impact!
I believe this was true in ep5, but against the boxer, the hits had impact, agree with the lightning
>it grew on me!
I didn't hate it to begin with so not really
>I got used to it!
same as before
>a horribly subpar product is better than no product!
not exactly, many people also hated Arise, maybe it's just not for you(the writer of this pasta), it could've been better for sure, though(don't understand why the people who adapt shirow's work want to make them CG so badly)
>the writing is great. you just have to disregard absolutely everything else to enjoy it!
certainly not great, but still enjoyable
>they did their best!
bamco was involved, that only confirms it for me that they didn't do their best
>it's not bad if you ignore all of the bad stuff!
isn't that the truth
>it's okay. 9/10 so far!
more of a 6/10
>nobody forces you to watch it!
yes

SAC has too much daylight to be cyberpunk though.

kek

Do you love me, Yas Forums?

Attached: 1587809789547.jpg (844x1080, 76.97K)

Mogged

Attached: MK.jpg (744x1392, 183.23K)

You know, it was supposed to be creepy when the Major had a doll's face in Innocence. Now this is apparently ideal.

of course
all of her versions got something to give

But user, she literally is a heavily upgraded sexbot, canonically. Even in Oshii's movie, the body she has and Puppetmaster steals are of the same model.

Attached: main-qimg-f189744c2a4b7bb5339b40264c62d643.gif (500x360, 1.56M)