Psycho Pass

S1 >>> S3 > First Inspector > SotS > S2 > Movie

This is the correct order.

Where do you think the series will go now? S3 and to a lesser extent First Inspector had some interesting elements, but I don't think they are taking the series in the right direction. There seems to be a lot of active story threads but none of them are getting enough focus and instead the opening of new plot lines is being prioritized. It's all just getting very convoluted and the poor exposition isn't helping.

Attached: 1567949093378.jpg (1344x1512, 389.29K)

>S3 > First Inspector
But they're the same thing, FI were just episodes 9,10, and 11 of S3.

i would add first inspector before and the movies before s3. But what im interested is will they be able to make un do the trane wreck that is s2

Attached: 34324325134.png (1269x1308, 1.03M)

Admittedly I didn't watch S3 when it was airing, but I thought the last 3 episodes were split off into their own separate thing or something?

Attached: 1584208570063.jpg (857x675, 98.08K)

>Where do you think the series will go now?
Azusawa was the best antagonist so far, and Mika as always the best girl, so I don't worry about future of the series

Attached: 68095.png (240x600, 60.93K)

>I thought the last 3 episodes were split off into their own separate thing or something?
The typical 1 cour Noitamina anime has 11 episodes, PP S3 only had 8, the missing 3 episodes got rebranded as First Inspector.

>PP S3 only had 8, the missing 3 episodes got rebranded as First Inspector.
Why though?

Money I guess.

>and Mika as always the best girl
I'm glad they managed to salvage something of her character after S2, but I still think that S2 ruined her beyond repair. Her demeanor in S3 didn't really befit a person who had the breakdown that she did in S2.

Attached: 1587521374610.png (1280x720, 887.55K)

>i would add first inspector before and the movies before s3
Really? The movie in particular was shit.

i liked the movie because it was a good setup to show the world out side of japan and the perspective of the resistance that kogami led. The movies in general are more contained they dont push the over all story forward but they are interesting to watch. Tbh i would liked to see kogami stick to his guns and not puccy out of the fugitive story line it would have been a cool set up for s4 for him to be the force against sybil. I think it would have been a cool idea

>Tbh i would liked to see kogami stick to his guns and not puccy out of the fugitive story line it would have been a cool set up for s4 for him to be the force against sybil
I actually agree with this point. While I'm glad that Kogami's back in the series, it's not exactly how I would have liked to see him come back. That and the fact that he has basically been reduced to cameo status so that the series can retain it's links with S1.

>basically been reduced to cameo status
im not even mad abut this it worked out but im a bit annoyed that they missed a perfect opportunity here i partly thing that's because people got annoyed whit s2 and the writers trying to salvage the story. As for sybil it self it will be a compelling story to see a civil war start up after the public reveal of system and seeing on what side they will take. The whole system is a sum of brain jars that really are no better then the criminals they judge they are just anomalies that cant be judged nothing more nothing less so i hope to see how that goes if we ever get more of the show

What's his endgame?

Attached: TruePatriot.webm (1098x618, 1.24M)

Sybil's decision to go public is certainly an interesting one, and I did enjoy how the whole Makarina plot point was made relevant as part of Sybil's plan to foster AI acceptance in leadership positions. But it still seems like a huge gamble on Sibyl's part.

i think he may want to become part of the hive mind but on the other hand he played the debug system like a fiddle. So he it looks like he maybe our guy to bring down sybil.

>Shizuka Homura was a secret agent working on behalf of the Ministry of Public Welfare acting as a Congressman playing Roundrobin
This was really poorly explained in the S3 finale. If it's even true that is.

>But it still seems like a huge gamble on Sibyl's part.
yes they are prone to riots as they try to incorporate migrants also there expansion is becoming a strain on there infrastructure. There is also the out side factor and the reaction form out side forces to the information of a hive mind controlling a country. I think a lot of people forget that sybil is basicly a hive mind of different people melded in to one and not a actual AI. The hive mind is full of sociopaths and criminals but also good minds so miss calculation is a possibility even emotional reaction may be a thing for the system so every thing goes

This is broadly the reason I think there is still potential in this franchise. The character-based stuff may have become weaker over time and the story-telling certainly isn't what it used to be, but the world the series is set in is still very interesting.

Mental Trace is still bullshit though.

I think Psycho-Pass is the de facto flagship for Production IG now that Ghost In the Shell has gone to shit.

>but the world the series is set in is still very interesting.
yes that was one of the best parts when the show came out every thing on top was a extra. We basicly used akane as a "vehicle" to explore this world and set up a comprehensive story that pushed the story telling forward. At the time the characters didn't stick out to much and fit right in the world. The change of focus from one character to another watered down the the focus of the show it started to tackle whit to many things at the same time.
that said they can turn this ship around and s3 was promising desu.
>Mental Trace is still bullshit though.
yeah they could have done that better that shit is op as hell to a point that it brakes the characters. I think they should have explained that portion better.

I still don't understand what exactly Bifrost does in the context of the Roundrobin game format.

Attached: 1582335726736.jpg (1280x720, 87.86K)

I'm not into GitS, but did the latest iteration really shit the bed harder than PP S2?

The movie was way better than S2. S2 sacrificed all the character interactions in development in favor of edge.

they are the side organisation made to bug test the sybil hive mind. There whole existence is to exploit the system in every way possible. That said there whole round table games is prob ment to mimic machine learning preventing bifrost becoming one echo chamber and adapting as sybil did.

The CG is a thing of horror.

will see user PP hasn't still recovered from the that the dip that was created by season 2. We cant even keep a bread up whit out dropping down to page 10 people are not as interested as they use to. Gits can be salvaged it they go back to the old art style

But the movie had barely any of the established characters, so there were few meaningful character interactions.

But what exactly are the Congressmen doing when they interact with Bifrost via Roundrobin? Most of the actions they take are conducted via the stock market or the Inspectors. Does the Bifrost merely create the scenarios for the congressmen to exploit in order to enrich themselves?

Is it all CG or just certain scenes?

>Roundrobin
To put it simply its a round table that you play high stakes poker whit human lives whit the goal of finding and exploiting flaws in the sybil system and the one who wins takes all. The cycle continues indefinitely
>Does the Bifrost merely create the scenarios for the congressmen to exploit in order to enrich themselves?
The whole profit thing is a way to have some sort of a natural selection like top the top dog gets to be the congressmen. That's how the top works as for the bottom bifrost basicly tells the lower level people what they should execute so it does not implicate the congressmen in the actions taken.

its all cgi

Attached: 1587843967699.webm (1920x1080, 2.92M)