What are the essential red flags that someone should take attention which hints how shit the show or the plot is gonna...

What are the essential red flags that someone should take attention which hints how shit the show or the plot is gonna be when starting a new manga or an anime?

Attached: b22af5373273aa9af23bae53ad02ab5f--anime-mangas-manga-anime.jpg (236x232, 11.84K)

>if you don't like it
>if I don't like it
>if somebody on Yas Forums says it's shit
>if it's a Thursday and it's cloudy with a chance of thunder
>if the anime is made by a studio that doesn't have a wiki entry

demographic: shoujou

>I DON'T WANT TO LOSE MY HUMANITY
manga that even hint at this being the main conflict is almost always going to be complete and utter dogshit

From my experiences, the biggest red flag of a shit show is "based on a light novel"

>MC walks into the girls room without knocking while she’s undressing, she screams and becomes violent.
>MC falls over awkwardly and gropes the girl’s breasts, she screams and becomes violent.

You have to be able to see the ending.

>main protagonist is a weak, indecisive, reactive tabula rasa with no real ability to impact the world around him or make decisions

False

Attached: Natsume.jpg (382x600, 87.67K)

most of the red flags could be found in the first 10 pages of a manga debut. for example:

>a fantasy manga
>MC is a girl who gets abused by her family
>then it's discovered that she has tricky magical abilities and discovered and accepted into an elite magic academy

Now you can tell it's shit. Because as also you can tell, mangaka already exhausted his/her story in the debut and has nothing much to tell about except for a second rate harry potter story. a dynamic plotline reverts into a static plotline. A typical example of a bad narrative. Here's an another example:

>a SoL manga
>MC is a girl who has a crush on the boy
>debut adds nothing else and the rest of the story goes with funny misunderstandings

Now that's another writing fault where mangaka tries to adapt gag-a day 4koma narrative into a regular manga format. A calculative error which subdues the story and any attempt in including a plot element. Let's see another example:

>another SoL manga
>MC is an otaku boy (first red flag: self insert alert)
>debut ends with him meeting with her sexy foster sister

here's an another manga that you can tell it's gonna be shit because a careful reader would already can tell where the next 10 episodes are gonna be about. Too damn predictive which disregards the most basic rules or story telling.

Anyway, I think you know the drill.

If the main character is a boy it's going to be terrible, no exceptions

>think of something you dont like
there are your redflags retarded zoomer learn to think for yourself

If it says it's an isekai. Assume it's shit until proven otherwise.

main character is a normal dude living a normal life and has no personality

the third member of the harem is introduced

VN and LN adaptaions are 90% shit.

Pixiv serials are 80% shit.

Former hentai artists are usually better than regular mangaka.

Yuri serials are 70% shit. Yaoi is 95%.

Isekai has suprisingly good stuff. Just stay the fuck away from long titled meta garbage.

Right wing mangaka are 90% shit. And there's no actual left wing mangaka.

You say a lot but don't say much with this post.

I just want to say OP's pic is cute as fuck.

I fucking hate this fucking bitch.

99% likely you're a communist.

You can't properly appreciate between good and bad in manga or in any narrative form of art without having a knowledge in literature as most of the faults inherently come from the plot structure. That's where it's at.

If it's an isekai with no real plot reason to be isekai, and perhaps is not even mentioned again, that already shows you author is willing to sacrifice story integrity for popularity.
It won't be the last time that happens.

You say much less here but are still wrong. Critical thought is what you're aiming for here but you don't necessarily need to read literature in order to cultivate critical thought. I can tell from your first post you sure as fuck like writing but that's not apt.

If he was a communist he would know about the manga made by communists.

Okay?

Which one?

Are you retarded?

Are you?

>Now you can tell it's shit. Because as also you can tell, mangaka already exhausted his/her story in the debut and has nothing much to tell about except for a second rate harry potter story. a dynamic plotline reverts into a static plotline. A typical example of a bad narrative. Here's an another example:
I don't know, the original Heralds trilogy by Mercedes Lackey had that in the first chapter and it went pretty well.

I'm talking about well, manga. Of course there would be exceptions but most of them fall into this side.

It depends of a lot of factors and context while trying to avoid any kind of spoilers. For example, if I'm interested in reading a romance series the first thing to check if it has the "Dense Protagonist" tag and the demography. Shonen, for example. Then let's say it has 20 volumes and you know what to expect with a combination like that. No development until the last volume, and a lot of infuriating situations prolonging the whole thing. Not to mention if you add harem or shit like that. You know exactly what to expect and since it's not my style, I avoid those.

Then you have insta interest-killers like rushed endings comments or tags. Story, characters or art can be good but you just know that it will have an abrupt, weak, or even worse, a no-resolution ending.

If they don't have any sort of conflict or interesting insight within the first couple of episodes, it's time to drop.

has cgi crowds in the first five minutes of ep 1

it means they didn't even try

>anime very well received on Yas Forums
/ck/ is the only board that gives reliable recommendations and insight

It's nearly inavoidable to have a rushed ending in especially long lasting manga. Lone Wolf and Cub and Blade of the Immortal so far the the only ones I remember where they had a wholesome ending.