Holy fucking shit...

Holy fucking shit, this is the most overrated trash I've ever seen! I can't believe this was ever considered "revolutionary". This was some of the most lame and boring attempts I've ever seen at trying to be "deep" and "meaningful".

Attached: 1568648964516.jpg (360x360, 32.98K)

oops wrong pic

Attached: 1587274429624.jpg (595x733, 135.63K)

Watch more anime

Aw shit, guys, I'm sorry. Screwed up the post twice.

Attached: 1563403082486.jpg (704x1000, 64.32K)

>Watch more anime
Watch more anime

>>Watch more anime
>Watch more anime
Watch more anime

It's revolutionary in that it was able to ripoff so many other anime at once. No other anime has ever come close nearly 30 years later.

Cope

brainlet post

Attached: motivational jahy.jpg (252x292, 23.74K)

OP here, this was bait and switch. I like EVA. Don't like Ghost In The Shell.

You are the type of person the anime was not for and now that you've seen it and think it's overrated proves that point and for when it came out it was by definition revolutionary.

Are you talking about GiTS or NGE?

OP here, I love sucking cocks

holy cope

What if - hear me out! - what if Asuka was also a robot, and there was a small unit 02 piloting her? And inside the small unit 02 there was an even smaller Asuka? So small in fact that she could crawl up the peepee and stimulate the testes from the inside?

OP here again, forgot to mention that I also enjoy having big, fat cocks shoved up my asshole. Just didn't want to leave that out.

Can Evafags please tell me what the revolutionary thing about Evangelion is? Every single time this discussion happens, they all talk about how original and influential Eva was but they never say what those original and influential ideas were

sure. it was one the first anime that was good.

Saying it's revolutionary isn't true. The anime landscape saw EVA and learned fuck all from it. But it is still one of the most memorable and unique works of its time because it came out at a time when young people NEEDED stories like it to exist. It was the only way to get a glimpse outside the bubble of conventional action storytelling, one where the stakes were the very humanity of the protagonist rather than some feel good bullshit about heroic deeds.
It isnt revolutionary but it should have been. The world really could've used more stories like this so that the zoomers could grow up knowing more than capeshit, western Calarts garbage and fucking moeshit SoL anime.

based

but Eva didn't start that. Child soldier being forced to fight in fucked up war is pretty much the genre staple for post-Gundam mecha anime. In fact, you can say that about almost everything in Evangelion. It used the classic mecha tropes, it didn't invent anything, it didn't deconstruct anything.
What Evangelion DID have was great visuals and presentation, especially for a TV series but that alone can't make it an influential masterpiece

>kek

>one where the stakes were the very humanity of the protagonist rather than some feel good bullshit about heroic deeds.
So basically what Tomino's been doing countless times in the 70s, 80s and early 90s before Anno made Evangelion?

Attached: Mobile Suit Gundam 0079 (523).jpg (960x720, 626.68K)

I want weekendfags to leave and take coronafags with them.

Attached: 1587665277185.gif (430x430, 3.9M)

Bo, you dense motherfuckers, now fuck off. Nobody did a story arc like Shinji's before Evangelion and your examples are nothing.

>Nobody did a story arc like Shinji's before Evangelion
Honest question, how much pre-Evangelion mecha have you watched?

It's not the war that was the main conflict in NGE and if you cant grasp that you're not actually a person.

Im a Gundam fan. Seen everything from 79 to Victory. Tomino has a few points which always boils down to war is bad, governments are shitty, and the best a soldier can hope for is his friends to be safe. Society as a whole will always invent new wars and fuck innocent children over. Evangelion literally in the first few episodes hints that humanity is led by a cult of power hungry assholes. No doubts about who is good and bad, just evil dicks manipulating everbody who cant see past their own issues. Gundam protagonists always rebel against authority because that is who is to blame. Evangelion adds depth because just like in the real world even main characters are distracted by personal trauma, unstable relationships, and general anxiety. No one finds out who pulling the strings till its too late.

Evangelion isnt even mecha faggot.

Why are you moving the goalposts? You said that Evangelion was about the stakes of the protagonist's very humanity, which Gundam does too.
War being the conflict in Gundam doesn't change this.

That's like saying Evangelion doesn't explore Shinji's humanity because Evangelion's about cool badass giant humanoids fighting against cosmic horrors.

False. Evangelion is biomecha.

Eva isnt even about "war bad, authority bad". Its about the human condition and all the delusions we invent to try to separate from it as though that will somehow make things better.

>even main characters are distracted by personal trauma, unstable relationships, and general anxiety.
So basically Amuro, Kamille and Uso?

Why does every underage absolutely have to make a thread about this when they finally get to watching it 20 years after everyone else. Go check the archives instead of forcing the same tired discussion and posts you faggot

this but unironically

I liked Evangelion more when it was called Baldios.

Attached: Baldios.jpg (342x438, 38.06K)

Gundam isnt about humanity at all faggot. Shinji's story is about how his situation with other PEOPLE in his life caused him to hit the lowest low, and still find a reason to accept the human condition over the alternative. That's the difference you retard. The stakes are actual humanity, not "muh war makes me scarred".

>Gundam isnt about humanity at all faggot.
Yes it is.

Personally, I liked Shinji more when her name was Nagisa.

Attached: nagisa.jpg (360x360, 26.37K)

Oh my God will you just fucking shut the fuck up? NO it is nothing like that, what the Eva characters go through is legitimate personal issues and coping mechanisms and its core to the themes of the story.