Did miyazaki ever like any anime besides evangelion and his own films?

Did miyazaki ever like any anime besides evangelion and his own films?

Attached: miyazaki.jpg (900x542, 236.87K)

He watched some movies and even had a waifu.

I doubt he likes eva. He may like Anno and the scenes he animated, but he would hardly like the show.

He liked Bananya.

Isn't he likes takahata movies?

There's no chance a man of Miyazaki's caliber could possibly enjoy the overrated haremshit known as NGE.

Attached: MV5BYjIzMWRkNzItNDE1Ni00OWYyLWJiNmMtZTAwYmE1MGJiYzM1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTMxODk2OTU@._V1_.jpg (740x1053, 978.52K)

He'd totally self-insert as Gendo though

All I could find online was somebody saying Miyazaki liked how the psychology of NGE's characters.
>I recall reading somewhere that Miyazaki did indeed take a look at the Eva tv series and commented that he was really intrigued and enthralled with the psychological depth that Anno's characters had.

Maybe. Only because Shinji would be an upgrade to Goro.

Attached: eva.png (1000x1000, 811.7K)

Miyazaki hated Evangelion, but he did like Gunbuster.

He only watches movies, but it would be pretty shitty if he didn't even like takahata's movies.

I bet the old faggot secretly loves Love Live or something, fucking hypocrite

There are more chances that he hate Evangelion actually.
This guy just hate everything, he is the ultimate contrarian and probably hate his own movies too.
He his the fucking Alan Moore of animes.

>even had a waifu
Oh right. He repeatedly watched that one animated film (Hakujaden) because he said Bai-Niang was like his waifu.

Yea, probably. He fucking hated sitting through his son's first film, but I can't imagine him hating on anything his partner Isao made.

>Bananya
I seriously doubt that.

>Gunbuster
If that's true, he seems to like just about anything Anno makes.

>Love Live
Doubt it. It looks too otaku-ish for his pretentious tastes.

Attached: Bai-Niang.jpg (600x450, 76.03K)

>He fucking hated sitting through his son's first film

>An hour into Tales from Earthsea, Miyazaki bolted from the theater to have a cigarette, saying, “It feels like I was sitting there for about three hours.”
>Miyazaki returned and watched the rest of the film. When it finished, he was asked for what he thought. He replied, “I saw my own child. He hasn’t become an adult. That’s all.”
>Then, he paused and said, “It’s good that he made one movie. With that, he should stop.”
But to be fair, it was pretty bad. From Poppy Hill is actually good, so you should watch that one.

>Doubt it. It looks too otaku-ish for his pretentious tastes.
Lol
stay mad fag

He liked Hakujaden so much that Bai Niang became his waifu and he devoted the rest of his life to make movies about 12 year old girls that he could fall in love with.

He and Toshi forced Goro to make a movie even though Goro doesn't fucking want to make movies. Then he gets pissed that his son isn't making what he would make.

Miyazaki was the one opposed to his son making a movie.

Attached: miyazaki lolicon.jpg (1000x1960, 969.7K)

Literally Gendo Ikari.

>besides evangelion
He's never even watched it

Everyone at least masturbates to Love Live, right?

Miyazaki is the kind of Yas Forums fag that complains that everything nowadays is moe while ignoring everything that isn't.

who cares about the opinion of a pseud ?

notice how meek he becomes in front of Disney or any western "real" animators.

Based

>who cares about the opinion of a pseud ?
everybody in this board

no

wow, such weak childs then.

>who cares about the opinion of a pseud ?
I thought it might be interesting to ask if any film or anime has met his high standards. In some interviews, he talks about how filmmakers should strive to make films that will change the world. If a film is anything less than that, he will generally shit on it. Yet, he rarely talks about any animated works he actually likes.

>Yet, he rarely talks about any animated works he actually likes.
he doesn't because he probably doesn't watch a lot of anime, he's just pretending.