Generic isekai

>generic isekai
>author tries to make detailed setting asking how magic would impact economy and politics
>fails because he knows nothing about economics or politics

Every goddamn time. Why do they even try? Even veterans like Miura do this. They have the economic understanding of high schoolers.

Attached: ainz sperg.webm (1280x720, 2.9M)

>generic thread
>OP tries to make a detailed seething asking how authors don't also have degrees in Economics or Politics
>fails every time because he knows nothing of Yas Forums

Every goddamn time. Why do they even try? Even veterans like moot do this. They have the posting understanding of a redditor.

>veterans like moot
who?

I've never seen one attempt anything of the kind. Mostly it's very bland settings with a gimmick or two if you're lucky.

There are a few that make attempts.

But most of them just pretend to do so, which is what OP is confusing for making actual attempts. He is not very clever.

read more isekai

the notorious hacker know as Yas Forums.

some succeed

Attached: 1557174429969.jpg (876x921, 180.09K)

>warefare

don't post on instagram

>They have the economic understanding of high schoolers.
Which is actually more than most people do. I had never even heard of a fraction of economic concepts before I tried reading Mises. Fucking public education (here in Germany).

almost every isekai is trash, stop wasting your time to find gold insinde a lump of shit,
doesnt worth your time.

>almost every isekai is trash
Spotted the non-reader. Name 20 isekai that are trash.

thread

>economics
It's impossible to have proper economics system in a world where magic can create stuff or are least energy from nothing.
You'd have to nerf the magic to hell until it's no more than medieval with extra spark.
If something killed Overlord it's not its failure to have economy, its keeping coomer bait fetishism and overrated gaming tropes.

I wish there was some Overlord-done-right anime, where his minions are made with more refined taste and gladly abandoning gaming mechanics to have a more coherent universe with maybe even a PLOT and a reason for this Isekai.

Attached: spice-and-wolf-episode-2-screenshot_1.jpg (1920x1200, 391.59K)

>If something killed Overlord it's not its failure to have economy, its keeping coomer bait fetishism and overrated gaming tropes.
Ask me how I know you didn't read the series. None of those issues are what's killing it, it's author giving less and less shit with each passing volume since 9th one.

sao
overlord
accel world
log horizon
shield hero
isekai wa smartphone
slime
gate
arifureta
knights and magic
grimgar
how to not summon demon lord
death march
bofuri
okaa-san online
konosuba
isekai cheat magician
arata kangatari
enride
shichisei no subaru

It's not generic isekai tho, but yes.
Once every blue moon, China.

You are just telling me other stuff kill it.
From my point of view the author backed himself into a corner because he didn't plan in advance and kept the powercreep under control.
Plenty of author fail to do that and they pay their laziness when it inevitably go bad.

Attached: Overlord-Episode2-24.jpg (1440x810, 108.03K)

>all these anti isekai threads popping up suddenly
Why does isekai trigger you so much? Not enough teenage kids doing flips and power ups?

Attached: yikes.jpg (1440x1080, 117.33K)

>doesnt worth your time
sir do the needful

time spent shitting on it here could be spent finding gems in the genre

>powercreep
>Overlord
What?

having a god-like character and failing to make it work with the plot are two different things

I do not read much isekai or fantasy, but there seem to be a lack of nickle or at least something to represent 5. It is mostly the standard 1 to 10 transitions.
Ainz is always complaining about resource. I think they ran out of hanzo summoning scroll. I am curious as to how Ainz will replace crystal data.

>how Ainz will replace crystal data.
Plunder other guilds.

Isn't the point of the protagonist being OP at combat but bad at leading/politics supposed to be where the majority of the humor in the show is? And while he serves as the comic relief/fun parts of the story, the rest of the non-op cast serve to ground the story and provide the actual stakes/tension?

Depend of your interpretation of what the author was going for.

>Isn't the point of the protagonist being OP at combat but bad at leading/politics supposed to be where the majority of the humor in the show is?
I disagree, IMO he lead very well even with his minion idolizing him and he doing theatric to stall for time.
To me the goal here was to build the typical Overlord trope from the MC perspective, including the ultimate big bad turning out to have been hiding as part of the heroes' party all along. Problem is he eventually break away from that, parodying "why would the human heroes win against such overlord anyway?" even replacing the very hero who could beat him and make us wonder what's the point?.
The only vaguely relevant thing at stake are that one world item capable of brainwashing his minion, or them turning against him.

>the rest of the non-op cast serve to ground the story and provide the actual stakes/tension?
In theory. It's hard to care when only his mook two level down can be somewhat challenged by the human's greatest of all adventurers.
Even the farm girl getting a goblin army have potential but for what purpose? Mimic a video game trope?

I only known the OAVs but from what I was told the novel only goes downhill from there.

Attached: 1587383300370.webm (1436x1080, 2.05M)

It seems the author has intended for him to be that powerful, considering that he used his web novel prototype as the basis of his light novels. By volume 14 it's shown that he's incorporated individuals of high intellect into his guild, that are not automatically loyal to him like the NPCs and he's starting to slip when acting to the point where the mental strain causes him to call for a vacation. The anime doesn't do a good job portraying his internal conflicts and tension at having to keep up his act.

>konosuba
>gag LN being taken seriously
I think this one's on you brah
also,
>log horizon
>trash world building/economic systems
I mean, he got sent to jail for fraud/tax evasion stuff, so he knows a bit more than most at least

To be honest, Ainz's improv always works, and we already know that the game can influence his subconscious, his feelings etc due to him being undead. I dont think its unreasonable to suggest that part of being an Overlord has boosted his INT somewhat, even subconsciously just greasing gears and putting suggestions into his head on what course of action to take - which his conscious mind just rationalises as whims and silly plots, like Runecraft^tm marketing.