Why did Naruto drink milk if Asians can't digest milk

95% of asians can't digest lactose
Meanwhile 95% of europeans can, so the drink milking scenes would make scene if Kishimoto was an Englishman, but he isn't.
Is there something shadowy behind the curtains, or is Naruto just flat out unrealistic?

Attached: 1580754279970.png (640x480, 377.83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/lactose-intolerance#statistics
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What?

I read a soccer manga growing up where the MC drank lots of milk because he wanted to get taller. Is it a superstition/trope that characters who want to get bigger and stronger drink milk?

It also happens in FMA with Edward.
But why would nips believe that if they can't drink milk?
Why is milk even available in their country if 95% of the population can't drink it?

Ed and Naruto are white.

i think my brain is too small to comprehend this. its going down in 2s starting from 14 and stops at 4. is it meant to stop when it equals 10?

>95% of asians can't digest lactose

Well, here is your problem, Naruto is not from asia, he is from the Land of Fire

He’s white? He’s got blue eyes and blonde hair. He’s not Asian.

this
japan in naruto where those samurai live, and we've never seen them drinking milk

children can drink milk dummy

Japan and Naruto doesn't exist, they live on an obviously non-Earth planet where Ancient Aliens once tried to suck up everything's lifeforce using a magic tree.

You can make cultural connections in between fictional societies and real world ones but expecting any sort of legitimate genetic overlap in terms of disease rates or even population genetics in terms of ethnic groups being 1:1 matches to real ones is something only the terminally autistic would do.

Fine asshole, let's do it like this
What would lead an Asian writer - who lives in a country where 95% of the population can't digest milk - to make the protagonist love milk? Others have done this, see FMA. Why do nips do this? Are they trying to appeal to a western audience? Is milk like Christianity for them, which they just shove in to make things deeper?

Attached: 1565150916077.png (640x360, 266.52K)

what a nerd hehe

source?

My ass.

lactose intolerance happens as you age into adulthood. at naruto's age, he should be perfectly capable to drink milk without any problem

namefag

ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/lactose-intolerance#statistics
>Approximately 65 percent of the human population has a reduced ability to digest lactose after infancy. Lactose intolerance in adulthood is most prevalent in people of East Asian descent, with 70 to 100 percent of people affected in these communities.
Japan, specifically, is 95% lactose intolerant. Just search up any statistics or wikipedia it.

Attached: 1557782823503.png (527x370, 189.77K)

Unironically a fantastic question. The worldbuilding is weird. Isn't there a gun next to a cash register at some point in the manga?

Yeah

Attached: 1559218961310.png (400x313, 168.92K)

Because believe it or not a Japanese man is capable or writing about non-Japanese people, that is also assuming Naruto is not that 5%.

The real answer to this is that even lactose intolerant people can still consume a moderate amount of milk, that's why nips know milk. But it is still weird that Kishimoto would write a character that drinks so much milk.

Okay if you are going to be obliviously retarded I'll bite:

"Lactose Intolerance" doesn't mean "Can't drink milk ever" it just means you can't digest lactose. To put it in perspective: no human being on the planet can digest cellulose but most of us eat vegetables regularly despite them being full of the stuff: it just passes through undigested (protip: that's what "dietary fiber" is). Likewise lactose intolerant people can and do regularly drink milk or milk-byproducts, its just that ingesting too much before it can pass through undigested caused bloating and cramps. But even Asian countries have the "Drink a glass of milk to get big strong bones" meme culturally embedded nowadays and they can still pull nutrients and Vit D out of it. Most kids don't completely shut producing lactase till around puberty (though it falls off precipitously around 3-5 years old) anyway so even Nip 12 year olds can digest it to a degree.

tl;dr Its in there because most Japanese people do drink a little milk or use it in cooking or baking fairly regularly, they just get a little bloated if they drink too much. Also your post is bad and your understanding of biochemistry is absolute dogshit

Alright Mr. Big Shot, answer this if you are so smart
First of all, does that fucking carton seem like one cup? Doesn't it seem like Naruto will get bloated from this? Then why is he doing it? Especially if he will do heavy physical exercise later on. He needs his stomach properly working, why is he sabotaging himself?
Second of all, why is he drinking straight from the carton instead of from the cup that is down there? You know, the one cup of milk that is theoretically safe for him?

Attached: 1585662612917.png (760x577, 544.71K)

absolutely based

since when is naruto asian?

There are miniguns in Boruto

Attached: 1583164333544.png (602x553, 363.83K)

the milk in the cup is for the saint

>tfw both my parents are lactose intolerant, but neither are not East Asian.
>tfw I used to be lactose intolerant for a few years during my childhood, but now I'm not.
Really makes your brain tremble

Attached: thinking.jpg (300x411, 67.14K)

Simple: because as established in the thread: he is not fucking Asian and there is no statistic known as to the lactose tolerance levels of people from the Land Of Fire.

When this was pointed out went "B-but even if that's true why make the protagonist drink milk if they audience can't relate at all!"

to which I replied "actually most nips do actually drink a little milk so its not a foreign concept to them" and now what? Is the new goalpost going to be "Even if the audience can drink a little milk, why is the character drinking so much?!?" As if a fictional character doing something the audience CAN relate to just on a larger scale is somehow a thing that needs explaining.

Are you next gonna complain about all the "big eater" protagonists who are shown eating whole tables filled with food as being unbelievable because "Even if people eat food, no one in the audience can eat that much in one sitting! Immersion ruined!"

It's true but only when it involves breast growth.

*but neither are East Asian
fuck