Why isn't there more Japanese anime set in the 1990s?

Why isn't there more Japanese anime set in the 1990s?

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 31.55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_Decade_(Japan)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Isn't most 90s anime about "present day" set in the 90s?

Fate/Zero, Kaiji and Monster are examples of shows set in the 90s despite being made later, if that’s specifically what you’re looking for.

There's YU-NO right?

So OP's question becomes: "Why weren't there many anime made in the 90's set in the current time?"

Why did the 90s have to end?
Why am I so old?

I dosn't mean to come off as a neckbeard holy shit. I wish more anime were set in the 90's.

T.

What was Japan's 90s like?

PRESENT DAY
PRESENT TIME
HAH

had better tv shows in my opinion

That's actually an interesting point. When you think back to it, many of the classics that people remember aren't really set in present day Japan. But I still think there are many anime that are, both some classics and some that are forgotten.

Let's see...
Sailor Moon, Cardcaptor Sakura, Kare Kano, Princess Nine?
Uhm, Saint Tail perhaps.
My problem is that I haven't seen that many anime

Didn't Japan have the highest HDI in the world in 1993?

OP is a faggot

Attached: soul_ecchi.png (461x454, 154.32K)

I guess Japanese people were happier back then, their GDP per capita was still one of the highest inthe world

You have one airing this season

Erased has parts set in both late 80s and early 00s. I liked the contrast in the little things like house equipment.

I am pretty sure parasite and sing yesterday for me are both in the 90s
They were still using payphone in sing yesterday for me instead of cellphone.

Because they stopped making them in 1999.

The parasite anime is set in modern day.

Sometime anime may take interest in the 90s as an historical time period.
You may also have later adaptations of source material made in the 90s.

No, that's not how it went. In the 90's they kept making 80's anime. Only during the year 2000 did they finally let go of their nostalgia and started to create 90's anime and manga.

The real question is: Why isn't there more Japanese anime set in the 1920s?

Attached: 1587394139100.png (838x480, 385.61K)

Is there even anime revolving the bubble economy period? That would be something interesting with how actual japanese view that part of history with anime medium.

Would you rather wait double the time and still have half the shows you get right now, every season, if that meant '90-'00 quality?
No flat panels, poor backgrounds, no cgi to cut corners, budget equally split for all episodes instead of having 4/5 meh/mediocre and 1/5 with full budget and special effects

There was one with two seasons and fully dedicated to the 90's not too long ago.

Attached: 1576890829871.jpg (1000x1415, 842.23K)

I suspect there's lots though, also manga, Taisho era isn't an uncommon setting.

You know, I have to ask: the 1990s after the bubble economy of the previous decade burst. What effects did that have on anime production?

There was less OVA's, but I think manga sales peaked in mid 90's (97?) so not too much effect, probably.

But why isn't there MORE?

Jojo part 4 and 5 I think.

It's called the lost decade though, that sounds a bit dire: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_Decade_(Japan)

The unemployment rate doubled