Is NEET life in anime accurately portrayed?

Is NEET life in anime accurately portrayed?

Attached: morimori-chan.gif (480x270, 1.36M)

The duality of having nothing but free time to do whatever, but also the strong sense of existential dread from not doing anything with your life was pretty accurately portrayed by MoriMori's show.

Attached: 1520297727585.webm (1280x720, 528.37K)

Sometimes.

Attached: Arigatou.Welcome.to.the.NHK.01.[x264.AAC][2354E4ED].mkv - 0001.jpg (853x480, 69.33K)

This wasn't accurately portrayed at all. The guy had contact with two females IRL, one of which wanted to have sex with him at a motel.

I hate how they ruined her hair. They could have kept it long but not messy.

How is she able to pay her rent/utilities and eat at convenience stores regularly when she doesn't have a job? Why didn't she move back to her parents' house like typical single Japanese women?

no, everyone is too clean and not ugly

Moriko's case was the only one where they explained how it could financially work. Elite n.e.e.t. for the win.

>meuporg
>shitpost on Yas Forums and become nazi
>unkempt
>sexual tendencies
yup

She needs to transition to old hag, the point is to show she's not a kid anymore but a nearly infertile woman, not a christmas cake but a rotten 30 year old cake. This was animated drama.

>t a nearly infertile woman, not a christmas cake but a rotten 30 year old cake. This was animated drama.
>[Post a Reply][Return] [Catalog] [Top] 9 / 2 / 10 / 5[Update] [Auto]
>Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
no since she is basically in retirement

No, it vilifies it because it has to be government approved.

At least his room looked like shit

Do they really need to explain it? Government handouts predate Christianity, NEETdom is part of any rich civilization

i wonder how autistic will her children be like

It can be.

Attached: Welcome_to_the_NHK_05_(DVD_480p)_(Oyasumi).mkv_snapshot_10.48_[2020.03.01_22.54.52].jpg (853x480, 185.42K)

when I look at this, I can't help but feel that this is literally me

Attached: space of happiness.jpg (1920x1080, 225.39K)

It was a connection before his downfall into becoming a neet, so it is realistic for his senpai
For Misaki it is the physical equivalent of a discord relationship. Pathetic people seek out other pathetic people they think they are above, then get off on the high of supposedly helping them
It's realistic

That's the dream user, what the hell did you do to achieve it

Lets be honest if she was real she'd probably be around 400lbs.

>she'd probably be around 400lbs
Only in muttmerica

I dropped out

Attached: me on the right.gif (630x346, 299.5K)

if nothing else it's never accurately portrayed in isekais where the protagonist is a neet before getting isekaid

Not a NEET.

An inherent flaw in visual fiction is the distortion of time It's not exactly a highlights reel but every moment (at least in a competent show or film) has purpose and meaning as opposed to every moment in real life

High school or college?
I just dropped college, working 4 days a week delivering pizzas for decent cash but still living with family
Wanna get a more stable job but everything is 45+ hour weeks

I never saw the show but was NEET for a couple years. It's mostly eating, gaming, watching shit and browsing the internet image boards forums etc. Ocassionally hanging out with a friend and getting drunk.

I miss MoriMori's show.

Attached: 1577285457777.gif (480x270, 339.7K)

im 22 years old and never had a salary of my own
Im always relying on grandma pension

The Japanese NEET who puts all his trash in bags but then leaves the bags lying around in the apartment is inaccurate elsewhere in the world. A western NEET just lets the garbage sit where it falls. Can knocked off the desk? It lives on that particular spot on the floor now. It won't move for months. Plastic fork slipped out of your hands? Too lazy to bend down and pick it up again or throw it away, just grab a fresh one. If a depressed lazy westerner has the energy to put their garbage in a bag, they usually also have the energy to remove the bag from the house.
There also isn't enough cum rags in any depiction of a NEETs room ever.

i've been a neet for 6~ years and i've never let trash sit around in my room. take that shit out as soon as it needs to go out
i almost never dust though

I only started cleaning up my room because I finally got a VR setup. I need the space so I don't trip over stuff and the sensors don't pick up false positives from light reflecting off shiny wrappers.

never understood why people don't take out their trash or at least bag it. just keep a can by your desk and it takes >2 seconds to throw it away

Most neets are too depressed to fap or even get it up

Im currently a neet, my floor is full of drycum (not carpet) I have a trash bin filled with tissues and garbage, the floor is also filled with spits I make at night while laying in bed, there's also a lot of clothes in a corner
I've bought the things to clean my room, I have them right there in corner yet I haven't clean it in like 3 months fuck

Its the executive dysfunction

I don't have any moral problems with my lifestyle.

Your fear isn't wholly justified though. There aren't a lot of people on welfare, and only an extremely small minorty is on welfare because they like it. You see, welfare isn't fun for most. You get to live beneath minimum wage. It's poverty, the government is just decent enough to give you a little bit for food, clothes and shelter. A life of such controlled poverty and being a social outcast on top of that is way more hardship than most people can endure. Most people on welfare can't wait to get a job. They are bored, they are poor, they are ashamed and miserable. Life on welfare is basically the life of a monk or a prisoner that gets to go outside. There's nearly no luxuries. You live in gloomy concrete neighbourhoods and you are basically guaranteed no improvement for life. It takes a special kid of person to be able to be happy on welfare. A bit of a Cynic, perhaps. You won't have to be afraid that it becomes the popular thing to do. If anything, most people are simply too vain and greedy and dull for that.

If you are worried about your money going to the wrong things, welfare should be very low on your list of things to complain about. You should be worried about tax evasion of the rich, about military spending, about dislocated public funding and mismanagement in government functions. I live on less than �10.000 a year. That's less than half of what a prisoner costs under your inhuman, psychopath petri dish of a prison system. And a little more than one eighth of the cost of a prisoner here. Seeing that I won't and can't work and I'm not willing to euthanise myself for the greater good, welfare really isn't such a bad solution for a lot of cases. I'd be way more expensive as a criminal or institutionalised. Everybody wins, or at least doesn't lose too much. Hell, if I do some decent writing, people might actually get something out of it.

Attached: 1579546416095.jpg (1008x720, 71.27K)

Shame about the manga, at least the anime brought some closure to it.

Attached: can relate.png (2880x1616, 1015.68K)

Every few months I'll get the motivation to clean it all up. The trash bag idea is pretty good if you can keep up with it. The Japanese are truly an efficient people.

Attached: Welcome_to_the_NHK_15_(DVD_480p)_(Oyasumi).mkv_snapshot_21.24_[2020.03.02_13.16.49].jpg (853x480, 151.77K)

>Seeing that I won't and can't work
Reading and getting to this part makes no fucking sense. Your view of NEETdom was pretty grim but you somehow dom't wanna even work on a job? It feels like at that point you're just too comfortable as a NEET even though you called it a poverty monk life

Misaki isn't realistic at all just for the fact she's female.

I miss mori mori

Attached: 1577245289866.jpg (1909x2078, 367.32K)

No, NEET is usually almost always related to being a hikikomori in most anime when in reality most NEET are just lazy fucks like me who are too comfortable to bother. I still go out often, clean my room and cook, etc.

>cute smelly cake
no

Because when it feels like nothing in life matters and you're just coasting through existence with no goals, why bother?

coasting through existence with no goals is much more comfortable when you're not surrounded by filth.

Is exaggerated.

To a depressive, a clean room is just as comfortable as a dirty one.

Attached: 1556618776189.jpg (1200x610, 105.63K)

Fuck off with your excuses, all public spending that isn't used on the bare essentials like roads and basic military defense are inexcusable.
If people are worried about surviving without an income then they can form communities to help each other out. If they can't manage to get a job and support themselves, nor do something as basic as joining a community that would be willing to help them survive, then they would be better off dying.

Not a natural NEET but one that works, quits then becomes a NEET for several years.
Pretty accurate I guess.

Basically this. If the bed is still somewhat clean and there's nothing blocking my view of the PC monitor or TV, it's good enough.

I think there's some kind of govt assistance if you're too social anxiety to leave the house/apartment. Doubt it's enough for more than rent and basic groceries tho

Can confirm as post-grad neet. I still hate it.

I don't go out or cook, but I do clean my room

You are right, she's an elite NEET.

No.

Attached: 1570884079200.jpg (1008x403, 189.81K)

eleeto neeto

I don't dust and I've been employed for 4 years now. I should start especially since I preordered some figures.

Google dopamine detox

>the only scanned doujin for this series is NTR

Attached: 1470104924716.jpg (540x472, 53.73K)

Student council girl's brother was more accurate than Sato

Attached: Mango - Welcome to the NHK - Misaki stinks of piss.jpg (640x488, 123.99K)

This, sons of rich people who can travel the world and have all the luxury without doing anything are also NEETs

Most neets just give up on life and live vicariously though the internet

Attached: 1568173877607.png (846x592, 37.48K)