Kimetsu no Yaiba

Is this the most underwhelming shonen fight after Kaguya?

Attached: tanjiro-muzan.jpg (1234x674, 358.27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eWNNjIIq4TA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This series has never had good fights outside of the anime. Wait for Ufotable to fix it.

I can't wait for the anime to adapt 1 chapter per episode.

Seriously, is waiting for Thursday so hard?
No. DK from NNT is way worse. Bullshit from Reborn after future arc is worse imo. Also Acnologai is worse.

wait till the muzan fashback

A parable if you will. So a man goes to the FBI to give information on their most wanted guy.

But for no reason at all the FBI's top agents then ritualistically humiliate the man and torture his beloved sister while the top brass just look on with disinterest

No one apologizes to him or his sister, but the man keeps helping the FBI like nothing ever happened. Is this good story telling? Is the man a cuck? Did he get off on watching his sister be tortured and humiliated?

Bullshit.

You can argue it never had the best choreography and that's certainly true, but that's simply wrong.

Who do the people in this parable signify?

The manga was already over, the fight may as well have been skipped. The manga even fucked up any attempt to make it emotional by just revealing randomly to the side what our connection to Muzan as an enemy finally is and it's fucking nothing. Koku should have been the final boss.

>revealing randomly to the side what our connection to Muzan as an enemy finally is and it's fucking nothing
But we alredy knew that.
>Koku should have been the final boss.
Koku's flashback tells you why he's not fit for a final boss.

Knew what? We never knew that he just killed a random family because he randomly is always killing people to turn them into demons. It certainly works as a retcon but it's very stupid and the worst possible explanation. It creates so many questions about how weak and dumb Muzan is that he didn't make sure she actually died and then never realized he created her for years. Why did he have to kill to create demons, that makes no sense either, he always just makes people drink his blood. It's out of character.

Koku could have had a more natural change of heart over the course of a solid arc or be like Akaza where he can't suicide even if his heart wants to midway through.

>Why did he have to kill to create demons
Because he's been doing that the whole series, including Akaza?
He injects people with his blood and if they survive they become a demon. He walks around, Rui's arc tells you that, and kills and turns people into demons for the sake of it. This was all established.
>Koku could have had a more natural change of heart over the course of a solid arc
Koku was a bitch and needed to die like a bitch, because his whole character was being obsessed over his brother.
He just doesn't work as a final boss no matter how strong you perceive him to be because his whole life is being #2.

No. That's the Demon King fight. I pretty muchh gave up on it after Zelfdris's Vampire waifu is revealed to be live and well and that was what all I cared about after enduring that really boring fight for months.

Debuffs should work on bosses more often

for this analogy to somehow work, the sister needs to have been in the taliban.

not that user but it was meant to be Muzan unless you're that guy who got btfo by the spoiler last week. btw he has the curse so technically he could keep track of all his demons.
him losing to people who aren't BoS user is a perfect end for him imo

Sounds like a lot of cope from you. I'm not saying he doesn't kill people at all, we've seen people die from them giving his blood right from the beginning but he normally sticks around to watch. For all his larping as a scientist, he's clearly a fucking retard when he assumes the one demon he wants will be like all the others he considered failures.

Muzan is even worse as a final boss, none of the demons had final boss energy as personalities but Koku was at least a more interesting character.

No she's just muslim, she never joined the taliban, you bigot.

>not that user but it was meant to be Muzan unless you're that guy who got btfo by the spoiler last week. btw he has the curse so technically he could keep track of all his demons.
He was trying to create a demon more powerful than himself, he was stupid to believe they would also be under his power. It's bad writing.

Huh? Dude, are you speedreading or what?

He wasn't try to kill the family, he just gave them a lot of blood and they couldn't handle it except for Nezuko so they ended up dying. And he did know Nezuko turned into a demon, he just didn't realise she broke his curse.

>for no reason
his sister is a demon you fucking retard

He just wants demon with sun immune ability. It doesn't automatically mean that demon has to be stronger than him.

Probably not the most underwhelming, but it really dropped the ball.
>Tanjiro and the demon slayers are dodging Muzan's attacks without doing any real significant damage to him
>Tamayo's poison comes up every couple of chapters to say "But wait, there's more!"
The flash back with the first breath of the sun user was really the only interesting part in this fight.

She never joined the taliban, she only thought about it once.

And then later she almost killed someone but got stopped

>tried to eat tanjirou
>drooled over the leftovers of the temple demon
>drooled over sanemi
>tried to attack RLD civilians

He only seem to interest in a demon once that demon develop blood Art, which take a while in all of the case we have seen. Why would he stay around for months or years and watch when he could just wait elsewhere.

Okay I guess that makes everything okay then. So why'd Tanjiro get upset in the first place if he and his sister were in the wrong and deserved to be ritually humiliated and tortured?

Gyoumei missing a leg, snakeboy missing his eyes, everyone else is dead but Giyuu, Tanjiro squad, and nezuko. Urokudaki maybe surprise appearance if Muzan became strong out of nowhere. can you niggs just shut the fuck up for a moment and understand what you've lost by the end of this? IDC where it goes nothing has been this fun.

He got upset because the rabid dog was his sister. Why are you asking stupid questions?

I'm not, I'm blowing the fuck out of your stupid shounen's biggest and most irreparable plot hole that no sane person would ever forgive, at least not so easily.

yeah, probably

>Mortal Kombat style gore cam of Muzan BTFOing all of the low tier slayers
Anime version of this fight can't come out fast enough.

Attached: 1581071321991.jpg (1080x1063, 191.81K)

The deaths are stale and uninteresting because the arc is so badly paced. The anime will have to fix all that stuff later I guess.

Are you actually going to pretend he should have left the FBI and let them kill him and his sister? Are you stupid?

Do you want MC to hold a grudge and endanger everyone else or attack him every chance he have?

It would have made the story much much more interesting if he had deserted and run away with his sister directly after that scene.

What are a few more enemies on top of Muzan?

Otherwise there should have been an entire arc of character development before reconciliation happened. Either way would have been much more interesting than just forgetting it like it never happened, which is atrocious writing.

Instead of a boring training arc we could have had Fugitive Tanjiro arc. Wasted opportunities, holy shit.

Why does Yas Forums hate it so much when people like things?

I hate when you can't admit the thing you like has a gigantic plot hole.

So it should have been more saint seiya than it actually was?
There's no real reason for humans to fight each other.

Because pic related

Attached: _i refuse to be entertained.jpg (981x120, 53.55K)

You guys should learn to stop replying to bait or dumb post

While they are appreciating not to well known anime and manga they feel superior and special. As soon as more and more people hop the bandwaggon, Yas Forumsflakes feel like their entire individuality is being robbed of them so they turn to the other side and start hating on said thing to regain their special status. It's no rocket science if you think about it

I'm not one of the people arguing with you. Arguing with people on this board is pointless. I've just noticed over the years that Yas Forums refuses to like anything or allow other people to like things.
Truth in that pic.

Having your sister tortured right in front of you by unaccountable people who don't even show remorse for doing it is a pretty good reason to fight a human in my book. Maybe you don't care as much about your family though. You must be white. White people hate their family. Like how boomers hate their kids.

>Yas Forumsflakes
I like it

She's currently weaing a burqa and a bomb vest though

I'm white and love my sister quite often, thank you very much.

>Tanjirou not throwing a tantrum
>plot hole

Attached: 346563.png (501x399, 184.17K)

Motherfucker are you describing a sexual fetish?

Yes. Because Shitmetsu no Yaiba is a shitty series for normofags that never had anything good.

Why are they so cute, bros?

Attached: CE6D0740-4DF3-46CA-994A-78890BF75857.jpg (446x2048, 250.12K)

Yes, after the multi functional poison history lost a lot of weight. With the many creative ways in which Musan could have acted or the way in which events had occurred.

Seethe.

Its sad how the worst KnY fight is still light years better than any Naruto fight

because it's his sister you autistic dumbass

You're wrong, she was forced to join and got recruited by the supreme terrorist god in person

Literally any Akatsuki fight is better than this shit.

This shit reads like added melodrama and padding for the sake stretching the story in all honestly. Also, two other people literally saked there one lives on actually Nezuko being reformed the wasn't Tanjiro, effectively addressing and resolving most apprehensions from all parties involved and united the cast, and it didn't need 50 chapters of some on the run gayness to do it. There in no plot hole here, only brainlet speeders who think they do better than the author.

Attached: 1576130488285.png (1280x719, 701.84K)

> I hate all human because one of them being a dick
Also everyone else there have a point that MC can't counter. What gonna happen if him fall in battle? Can he sure that Nezuko not gonna kill anyone in the future.? Adding that just create needless melodrama that serve nothing to the plot

He's worse than Kaguya

this manga is mediocre, what made it popular was Ufotable

>Is this the most underwhelming shonen fight after Kaguya?
No, because this shit exist.

Attached: 8sC9s4Q.png (580x446, 152.18K)

Cope

not that bad

Let me remind you

Attached: photo-1-1512934064887.jpg (825x510, 72.69K)

ENTER The most shittiest antagonist of DB

Attached: dragon-ball-super-jiren.png (1440x803, 1.53M)

AHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHA
no

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 150.54K)

>*Insert every fucking FT fight ever*

Attached: 20.jpg (800x1150, 150.62K)

>pretending to be me
This. The shit was so bad that people even started rooting for the DK, kek.

O MY

RUBBER NEN
7 QUIRKS
STONE NECK
MEDICINE

>we knew nen worked after death
>we knew he was going to get help from the predecessors
>bullshit ill agree
>Tamayo has spent hundreds and hundreds of years researching how to own Muzan

Uzui vs Gyutarou is good

You mean Uzui and his three wives and the three stooges vs Gyuutarou

It was good yeah, but goddamn will it be insane during season 2 of the anime if UFOtable keeps it up
Season 1 got so much hype and it covers the weakest part of the manga, the upcoming movie and season 2 will actually contain what makes KnY so based.

Rude. Don’t ignore Daki

ROTOCOSPED FATHER
SUN IMMUNITY
HAND GRIP

I prefer the manga fight with Rui to the anime, which went overboard with it, I think it'll make it a lot harder to make the later fights feel as incredible as they should in comparison.

>N-NOOO more than 2 million nips only flock to buy volumes 150 chapters after the anime because of ufotable

Cope.

>Rengoku kept fighting with a hole in his chest
>Uzui kept fighting with poison coursing through his body
>Muichirou kept fighting with only his torso remaining
>Sanemi kept fighting while his insides leaked out
>Shinobu kept fighting with a destroyed collarbone and lung
>Snek kept fighting with his eyes gone
>Kanroji gets a bleeding forehead and says "Waah I can't do this anymore"

So, what's her problem?

Attached: 78012940_p0.jpg (1280x1280, 1.38M)

>will it be insane during season 2
Well, with the manga ending on horizon, the hype surrounding Kimetsu will probably start dying down bit by a bit. Tho, I think the movie might give it some big, but very short lived boost.

Attached: 144473F5-A724-4EB5-B895-215D3435200E.jpg (1200x945, 192.93K)

Nah the movie will probably give it major hype, the spider mountain fight was barely anything to the manga, can you imagine Rengoku vs Akaza? People wont shut up about it

Are you joking right?

What part of what I said is incoherent?

Volume 19 sold close to 2mln within a month. If nips don't like what they're reading why don't they drop the fucking series like they do with everything else they don't like?

Yeah, surely people just keep buying thing they don't like just because the anime have pretty animation. Anime give a series more exposure but the manga have to stand on it own to get that much sale.

I think Father was equally underwhelming.

>Mael is the final boss
>No Melodias is!
>No Zel is!
>No the DK is!
>No Arthur is!
>NO SOME RANDOM FUCKING CAT IS
I'm just waiting for the Supreme Goddess to touch down and complete this comedy of errors.

like said
Idk I think the hype is here to stay, especially if movie and season 2 come out in a somewhat timely manner.
From my own experience, I went to Anime NYC last two years, and last year the amount of KnY cosplays outweighed everything else, and not even just the main 3 and Nezuko, it was everyone from the series.
I think its gonna become a Shonen giant, whether it ends soon or not

She made the right call, she's most valuable to humanity as a womb.

Not him but there’s nothing exceptional about his manga. This is just your average shallow as a puddle battle shonen, with asspulls and plot armor. It’s kind of silly to deny that anime gave it major boost in popularity.

So what was the treatment that made Muzan into a demon? How does a medicine alter someone on such a level?

The exceptional part is that it know how to use cliche and do it well.
> Asspull
> Plot armor
Only hack writers constantly kill character without any merit or reason for suck value. Also just because you can't come to your own conclusion base on the things the manga have gave you doesn't make it an asspull.

It was some kind of experimental immortal medicine created by a mysterious doctor. It was left vague right now

Goddamn do I miss the times when this was just a semi unknown series with a loyal fanbase instead of getting retards who want to be contrarians or shitposters or whatever.

Is it perfect? No. Is it a masterpiece? There's hardly any shonen I'd call that. Is it a good series? Yes, and it was always well liked in japan, it was a top3 ranker in the ToC before the anime even started airing.

The anime gave it exposure, obviously, but if you think a series becoming this big can be traced back to a moment of sakuga you are not just a brainlet but also severely delusional.

True.
>It sells, so it's good!
imagine being this retarded

>ignores all the arguments to pull out something I didn't say and conveniently ignores it was liked before it started selling

Retard.

> people keep buying million of copies because it's shit
Who the retard here?

Koku was as good as a fight can be in a shonen battle manga.

Muzan just doesn't play to Wani's strengths; he's too inhuman. There was a flash of how this could have been a great fight with the very end of the infinite fortress part of the arc (by making it very Yushiro tactics-minded) or just by immediately ending the fight via Tanjiro once he got his back-to-life power up for a classic shonen Hulkamania running wild style ending, but whatever she's doing instead of those it's frustrating and annoying.

It's still about as good as RLD or BSV, those just weren't disappointing because it's supposed to be the climax of the story. Koku got my expectations too high.

>If nips don't like what they're reading
Where I said they don't like? I just said what made it EXTREMELY popular was the anime.
The plot is okay but with Ufotable animation + good OST made people start to read.

>if you think a series becoming this big can be traced back to a moment of sakuga
exactly what happened

Koku even subverted the usual trend of the younger characters surviving and instead had them throw themselves under the bus to save their more competent seniors.

There are plenty of fucking series that have even more fucking sakuga than KnY did, where is the explosion for fucking fire force or mob psycho?

Accrediting everything to the anime is just a way to cope, especially considering the anime BDs sell about as much as haikyuu. If it was all the anime, why in the fuck is it not fucking blowing everything out of the water like the manga is?

her tits got chopped as well but mainly she was just poisoned, I'd imagine she'll join again soon

I'm not saying the only think they like is sakuga but if it was a shit adaption the manga wouldn't be huge

Shit, I did ignore your initial point, that's my bad. It's not inconceivable that people watching the anime bought manga 150 chapters after because they were exposed to it through the anime.
Also, even if it was liked before it sold well doesn't mean it wasn't mediocre. Just because someone has an audience doesn't necessarily make their work good.
People that think mass-appeal alone makes something good.

It’s a stupid argument. GoT was popular as fuck despite the show having turned into shit in S5.

That much is obvious, the anime was a great adaptation and managed to make it work despite adapting the worst arcs.

However, the popularity of the manga cannot be accredited just to that, it was a combination of factors, among which, like it or not, the source material being good, or atleast considered such. And it was already considered good before the anime debuted, as evidenced by the fact that it was a top3 ranker in the ToC throughout 2018. Even here on Yas Forums it had a fairly small but loyal fanbase, so much so that we have our own translations.

Also I'd prefer it if you didn't act like you were talking to a bandwagoner, I was shilling this series way before the anime aired. I started reading it weekly around the time the swordsmith arc was starting, I picked it up, dropped it, went back to it like a month later and got hooked during the train arc, loved the shit out of RLD and have been thoroughly enjoying it since. Had its highs and its lows (muzan fight is definitely a low), but overall it has been a solid read that I easily enjoyed more than MHA, BC, post timeskip OP and so on.

I also like it more than JJK and CSM but I don't want to throw these 2 under the bus because I genuinely enjoy them a lot too.

Not going to happen. They have no reason to slow down the pace unlike Bones when they did season 1 of BnHA and production started before vol 1 of manga was even out for sale.

Also Kimetsu has cleanly split, the RLD and the swordsmith village arc are perfect for a split cour.
Tanjirou waking from his coma as a mid season finale and Nezuko conquering the sun as a season finale. Its perfect.

YOU ARE MY FRIEEEEND AAAAAHAAAAAAAH
youtube.com/watch?v=eWNNjIIq4TA

Attached: BB09115E-3584-4E9E-BFB6-EC2CF3DD61C9.jpg (1663x2016, 1M)

nice blog post
now fuck off retard

>NOOOO you were supposed to fuel my shitpost

Aight bro

>top3 ranker in the ToC throughout 2018

Why are you bulshitting this hard?

Here are the average rankings for 2018 faggot, next time try to not be a retard.

Attached: s11XOMI.jpg (1353x1076, 287.17K)

Mental Yas Forumstards

Yas Forums is not your dumblr.

>he thinks ToC means any shit
WHAT A FUCKING NIGGER

Manga doesn't have quality drawings of Ufotable and it's still bestseller.

>says I'm bullshitting for saying KnY was top3 in the TOC
>gets proven to be a retard
>B-BUT TOC DOESN'T MEAN SHIIIIT

Everyone can tell who you are from the way you autistically embarass yourself, just stop, it's pathetic.

>>says I'm bullshitting for saying KnY was top3 in the TOC
not me.

Not him but what's your point?
I get It, the manga isn't good. UFO table did all the work for the author and WSJ. What now? Are people supposed to drop the series now that they've seen the truth? What the fuck is your goal here? People are outright telling you why they like the manga and you're just disregarding it and keep saying the exact same dumb shit. Go read and watch something you think deserves the views then, no one is forcing you to come participate in this thread. I'm so confused by your intentions

Based

>what's your point?
To parrot that things aren't good just because they're popular. It's a recurring sentiment in many Yas Forums shonen threads that a series is better than another series because it sold more copies or came out higher in the ToC, etc..
>Ufotable did all the work for the author and WSJ
The user I was responding to has pretty much convinced me that Ufotable DIDN'T do the heavy lifting popularizing the show though (which was the whole point I initially missed, because I'm retarded). If I wanted to be pedantic I could ask whether the announcement of ufotable doing the anime really drove popularity and so in a sense "Ufotable the studio did make it blow up," but I don't want to be pedantic and continue stretching just to prove a remote point. KNY was popular on Wani's merits.
>People are outright telling you why they like the manga
No one has (you'd) me specifically about why they like it.
>and you're just disregarding it and keep saying the exact same dumb shit
I don't often see reasons I haven't already seen and that make me see the series in a new light. Maybe I'm too ugly and gay to appreciate KNY?
Even though I don't think you need to say something positive to meaningfully participate in discussion, I both shouldn't have been an asshole about it and should've contributed something meaningful for discussion. Have a nice day and happy reading user.

*popularizing the manga, not show. Whoops.

I'm hoping the anime will flesh that dude out a bit more.

Whatever this is.

It was pretty bad.

Attached: wnmqGRN.jpg (1066x1600, 343.48K)

I honestly never felt that much about any of those characters.

>The anime gave it exposure, obviously, but if you think a series becoming this big can be traced back to a moment of sakuga you are not just a brainlet but also severely delusional.
That's exactly what happened though

b-but it's only a bland generic shonen boosted by it's anime that can't be right mhacucks say something kimetsu was a better manga all along

Attached: dekuk.png (344x287, 191.98K)

Inosuke and Kanao

Attached: BF138508-66E5-426C-922B-571750B7F992.jpg (1024x768, 146.93K)

Kaigaku's entire personality is being a shitty selfish kid. What more characterization do you need?