Real talk

So instead of posting memes, shilling bullshit, let's do something different.

As you all know the corona virus has had a massive impact on stock prices/crypto prices. In hindsight, it is fairly clear that this could have easily been predicted in late december/early january:

1) The virus had demonstrated to be very contagious, and much more lethal than a regular flu.
2) Wuhan is not some third world shithole, in the sense that our "let's just stop shaking hands" method isn't miles ahead of their approach.
3) We weren't completely closing off our borders.

It's simple logic that this shit would happen here as well.

Now that's all fine and done. But now let's think about how this situation will make us money in the future. Corona will continue to have a large impact on society for quite some more time. I've heard experts say that we will be waging a WAR on this virus for the next 12/18 months. However, the popular mindset among the Joe is that this will be something we'll deal with in the next 2/4 weeks.

My prediction is that the next shitstorm will unleash, soon as Wuhan is hit by a second wave of cases. How the west will respond to this news I haven't quite figured out yet though.

So let's brainstorm.

Attached: index.png (219x230, 9.18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/32104915
medium.com/@gaertner.adamp/covid-19-is-the-big-one-cda91ea74646
jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2762452
medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.02.18.20024364v1
youtube.com/watch?v=TCzJBXRwS5o
bz-berlin.de/berlin/umland/dieses-coronavirus-wird-auch-vor-kindern-und-saeuglingen-nicht-halt-mache
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

average Joe*

a second wave would be a total crash, no immunity, most likely mutated, another shutdown?

There won't be a second wave. Life goes on.

The virus is a nothingburger. That being said, all efforts to contain it are futile

I heard corona is similar to SARS. How did SARS go away and why can't the same happen to corona?

Attached: jl5nke6fu5531[1].jpg (922x788, 49.11K)

Well, I doubt they would respond in a positive way, no?
But what makes you think wuhan will have a second wave of cases? and even if it does, there's no guarantee that anyone outside of China will know about it.
Either way, the loss of value in all assets is backed by a very real market slowdown from corporate to small business. Could things continue to get worse for markets from here? I sort of have a feeling like everyone who was going to exit has already done so.

Even if there is immunity in those infected and recovered. Only 100.000 or so people have been infected in Wuhan. And Wuhan has about 8 million inhabitants. If you think they have this under control you are pretty naive IMO.

see

Corona is like a stealthy mix of SARS, HIV and the flu. The corona structure around the virus body allows it to penetrate your cells with ease; after that, the thing completely annihilates the immune system and invades every critical system in the body.
Even when someone is “cured”, the virus is still present in the brain stem, the T Cell count is dangerously low for months (who knows how long), and your lungs are permanently scarred.
>tldr; this is a Franken virus that spreads like AIDS

Coronavirus is a psyop. Either it blows over in the next month or two, or they drag it on for an entire year and use it as an excuse the cancel elections. They've already used it as an excuse to cancel elections in London.

CV is overblown. Weaponized to attack Trump politically.

Europe is dead anyway. USA will be fine like china and sk. If USA shows it can't contain, go all in puts and retire.

Sars: 8000 total cases in 10+ years
Corona: 100.000 cases in 3 months

>it's the same thing

Attached: index.jpg (305x165, 6.16K)

jinkies, why am I even wasting my time on the business board looking for ways to make money if this thing is going to annihilate us all?
I know we still haven't found a vaccine for SARS but surely the pressure will be much higher to find a vaccine for this than it was for SARS
cease this slander, I said similar, not same

Ebola is also similar, in the sense that they are all infectious decease. What's important are:
>the rate at which the virus spreads
>the mortality rate

If these two parameters are completely different, it makes no sense to compare the viruses.

You're talking out of your ass lmao

I listened to a Yas Forums LARP and went short three weeks ago after other parts of it came true. Thank you anonymous shitposter with connections.

Attached: ruhroh.jpg (1216x3320, 1.54M)

The COVID designation is only used to prevent panic, but the virus is literally SARS 2: Electric Boogaloo.

>”only” 100,000 have been infected
>they dont have this under control
this makes no sense. what are you tryin to say

We will survive, but it might be wise to short sell the market over the next 12-24 months

DYOR, but I will leave this here
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/32104915
medium.com/@gaertner.adamp/covid-19-is-the-big-one-cda91ea74646
jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2762452
medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.02.18.20024364v1

See:
"From a risk communications perspective, using the name SARS can have unintended consequences in terms of creating unnecessary fear for some populations, especially in Asia which was worst affected by the SARS outbreak in 2003.

"For that reason and others, WHO has begun referring to the virus as “the virus responsible for COVID-19” or “the COVID-19 virus” when communicating with the public. Neither of these designations are intended as replacements for the official name of the virus as agreed by the ICTV."

same. shorted the second it spread to italy. based and worth all the lurking pilled.

Let me spell it out for you..

>100.000 people get infected
>3.000 people die
>97.000 people recover and their immune system now knows how to deal with this virus
>people are all in quarantine so the spread of infections slows down
>goverment realizes that they cannot stop the economy forever
>goverment says they are getting things under control
>quarantines end
>some people will still be spreading the disease
>8 million - 97.000 people are still susceptible to the virus
>repeat

It's not a nothingburger, but it is something we have to deal with rationally. But the press has cranked the hysteria up to the point that rationality is impossible. It's a strain of flu that is VERY dangerous for the elderly and people with underlying issues, like obesity and diabetes. The experts are all saying, the vast majority of people who catch it, will experience mild symptoms, and it will pass. This is not a "catch it, guaranteed death sentence" disease. But we DO need to contain it and keep it from spreading, because it's common fucking sense, and if we collectively pull our heads out of our asses and stop listening to the MSM, we can get that done. And most likely will.
The real damage has been done, to the markets. It's gonna bounce around for a while. It's gonna take time to smooth it out and start a recover. I'd wait until early summer to even start predicting anything.
If the US is anything like Italy, we're about halfway to peak, before infections die off, due to warmer weather, quarantine of the infected, and yes, some older people dying. But if we stop with the doom and gloom from the MSM and just fucking deal with it, we can get through it and not burn it all to the ground.

I prefer Kung Flu.

Barring that, Wuhan Flu, because fuck the bugmen trying to cover up they caused this.

I seriously doubt Wuhan is actually solved at all. The chinese clamped down hard on anyone spreading non-positive news about it and stopped glorifying doctors.
As for making money, I dunno, go full vulture and buy prime real estate from families whose primary income earners die off from the virus.

Attached: 1567615538328.jpg (708x800, 173.92K)

is this real?

There most likely will be a second wave in the fall. Same thing happened with Spanish flu

It’s much more contagious than SARS
Also the world wasn’t nearly as interconnected then as it is now
Also China probably slaughtered thousands of people to cover it up

Just in time to cancel the elections.

I think it will happen earlier. The correlation between temperatures and the corona virus is pretty low. I think it is more a function of the government not trying to overwhelm the healthcare system and thus quarantining everyone versus the government needing the economy to continue to provide for necessities, thus stopping quarantines.

yeah m80 here's the problem with that. this thing is literally a KILLEMALL bioweapon that broke containment and it's actually worse than even the "hysteria" implies. All of the elites are bugging out. All of those CEO's stepping down, Gates today, all going to their bunkers. City of London is empty. this will not just go away. these fucks either accidentally or on purpose our whole civilization. Vietnam is getting fugged and is pretty warm at the moment. BUY SUPPLIES AND AMMO because this is the big one. your last and final warning.

youtube.com/watch?v=TCzJBXRwS5o

this kid recovered but progressed to the ventilator stage

bz-berlin.de/berlin/umland/dieses-coronavirus-wird-auch-vor-kindern-und-saeuglingen-nicht-halt-mache

I live in Brazil, am I gonna die?

Attached: 07d.jpg (775x637, 56.85K)

The Holocough is the best

I don't think there will really be a "second wave" of the virus attacking people or re-attacking areas it has already spread to. If anything I think the "second wave" will happen as early as next week or the following, since now we are ramping up testing.

This time next week each US state will probably have multiple hundreds of confirmed cases, if not thousands. That's when more people will start to freak out.

That being said I think most of the market crashes have been priced in. Most companies are shutting things down or telling people to work from home. Oil is down because of saudi arabian manipulation and because less travel as a result of this. Airline stocks are down for the same reason etc. I don't see airline stocks going much lower desu. People dumped their stocks hard over the past few weeks.

Like, if you didn't sell within the last 2 weeks, why would you panic and sell at what is essentially the bottom? IMO things have to get 10 times worse before you see an equivalent market panic of the previous two weeks

Smart man

So apparently the death rate for people under 50 is relatively low and I presume this also true for the amount of cases that have to be treated in hospitals. Therefore, why don't we just isolate all old and vulnerable people for a year or so? Keep everything else going with very strict hygiene standards and wait till all younger people are infected and immune and we have a vaccine for the others.

As for making money I am looking into investing in companies that are making tools to make personal presence anywhere unnecessary like online education etc.

>this thing is literally a KILLEMALL bioweapon
It's literally not that, larper.

See, i listen to the experts, who know things. They all say 2-3% mortality. I'll keep listening to them, and not your larping ass. I'm pretty fucking sure I'm doing the right thing.

Invest in trash bags

Attached: Foul-Bachelor-Frog-TOILET-BROKEN-SHIT-IN-TRASHCAN.jpg (407x405, 75.36K)

> investing in companies that are making tools to make personal presence anywhere unnecessary like online education etc.

Sounds like a good idea.

I am personally looking into medical supplies that will be in enormous demand. I'll have to look further into which ones specifically. But I head medical ventilators will be much needed in the next few months. So if I can find a stock closely related, that would seem like a good idea IMO.

so I'm economically illiterate, is it a good idea to invest in delivery services? You know, in case hideous kojima predicted the world would look like in death stranding with people afraid to leave their homes due to the virus?

on your head be it man. not larping just trying to save some anons from the coming chaos. The outcome of this thing will make everyone reevaluate their position on "experts".

Huh that one really is making me think because they've already delayed the Louisiana primaries. That or maybe they implement an online way to vote usinv block chain technology?

Attached: 17c.png (2847x1412, 1.94M)

The virus is closely related to the common cold and mutates just as frequently. That means vaccines are useless and you can catch it multiple times. This is going to fuel another great depression just like the dust bowl did in the 1930's.

Attached: 1584049041559.jpg (1080x1250, 419.82K)

>In hindsight, it is fairly clear that this could have easily been predicted in late december/early january
With hindsight, I could lever up via margin and invest in any major investment drop with a following v shaped recovery.
This Corona fallout and market drop is unprecedented.
So what did I do? I was prepared, put my money where my mouth is, and bought all of the major downdays by selling 10000s of $s of munis and buying equities.
Time will tell how long for a v recovery or if I'm (eventually) right. This could be an L shaped recovery for a very long time.

The point: you gotta have cash or cash equivalents to play any market drops. 99.9% of biz is playing with 100s. Not enough to jump socioeconomically.

Concerning crypto: I withdrawed all may assets from exchanges. No one knows how corona-chan will unfold. In case of a partial or complete meltdown of law & order the exchanges won't hesitate a microsecond to gobble up my precious BCC.

Attached: 1575649914828.jpg (1018x1357, 254.16K)

>T-this is the big one guys, it really is this time I swear. You're all going to be sorry if you ignore me this time! S-stop being so calm this is Serious!

Attached: 6928369.jpg (197x256, 8.36K)

>If USA shows it can't contain
the US is taking roughly the same measures as Italy (probably less so when it really comes into effect), but 4 weeks later into the pandemic
look up how well Italy's containment is going

Enjoy choking on your lung goo in the street because there's no room left in the hospital. Niggers will also totally respect a nationwide quarantine, you should be fine.

Well at least it will kill a dis-proportionally large amount of dumb people that will ignore the quarantine.

I hope the corona virus ends Jimmy Kimmel

inductive reasoning failed, many viruses before that originated in SEA and the far East have been a nothing burger. markets followed logic and got fucked. do not use Yas Forums fear mongering that somehow turned out to be right as a baseline for making investments.

Oooh, such scurrry dooooom and glooooom.

Have the basic decency to jerk off in private to your lame fantasies, incel.

Yas Forums user here, who advised you all to sell Bitcoin in the Bull Trap.
And told you to sell up weeks ago
And made fun of people buying

Attached: Doomed.jpg (990x743, 182.93K)

yes, but now is certainly a good time to buy

Attached: shrek snap cringe.png (1019x746, 1.03M)

you will be naturally selected, unironic sóy buzzwords poster.

When do you think the time for buying back in will be? What signs will you be looking for as far as news/markets/coronachan goes?

Second wave will be in the southern hemisphere, from mid to late April on. South America is in full denial mode, and the coldest months of the year are just a couple short months away. The first wave, -the one comprising wuha, eurpoe and unfortunately now the US- hasn't even shown itself completely; over the next two weeks, as more northern-hemisphere nations ramp up their testing capabilities, you will begin to see a large increment in reported csses. China is a different deal: if you think you can trust anything the Chinese government has to say, you need to think again. They've been bullshitting about this from the start, even blaming the US military for this, fucking embarassing. Their numbers and communiqués in general cannot be trusted, ever. Feel like this is stating the obvious, but here it is anyways. So remember, second wave incoming, BUT in southern hemisphere, starting about six weeks from now.

Alright, I am not an economist, nor have any money in the stock market or bitcoin.
But I am a polack who also knows science/human nature.

Corona virus essentially destroys labor and wrecks international trade. In this way it eliminates productivity, causes mass unemployment, with people unemployed having nothing to do but stay in their homes. Totally disastrous.
Furthermore it causes people to pull out of the market to have cash to buy real world items (food etc etc)
This is why capital is not really fleeing to Gold or Bitcoin, those personality types are buying guns and food.

There are two pathways.
1. It is a bio-weapon with no previous cure (inhibitor) (China made or US made 100% chance it was stolen by Chinese)
2. It is a bio-weapon with a pre-planned cure (inhibitor) (China made or US made 80% chance it was stolen by Chinese %20 chance it was released, that chance it was released was higher then the US was coming off arrogantly confident.)

If 1. then expect everything to get way worse. Banks may crash, stocks will go down further then more of the world gets infected (South America, Africa etc. Big chance of violent mass-looting and murder in multi-racial countries (Europe, America). 100% chance in countries without food security. (Produce less food than the consume)
Virus's are notoriously hard to vaccinate for due to the bodies immune response. A vaccine in this case is ages way, at least 6 months or longer, if it is less than 6 months, it was 2. all a long.

If 2. then there is a trigger for a country to release the news they have a vaccine. It will likely be a proxy for the US.
Unless China released it on themselves, then we won't ever hear about it.
If so the market will do a huge rally, then re-dip, then stabilize. The South America and Africa still get infected but the stock market won't freak out. There may be a banking crisis during the return to pre-Virus.

Where to go:
Keep pulling out. Rethink this as when the market is 3/4 when Trump took office (The time when long term investment kick in) Rethink harder then the market if at 1/2 of when trump took office. (Yes it probably will go that low)

Obviously Medical should be good to hide money into. Especially any companies that deal in HIV or Malaria.
If you want to go further, look into companies with secure national supply chains.

Silver is a better investment than Gold, consider the uses for each material (Silver is anti-viral, so is brass). While Gold is used in electronics which will slump naturally and because they are made in China.
Both should dip a bit but to look at it a different way, everything else is depreciating in relation to Gold/Silver so it's decent.

If you don't have the materials to secure your health or food then you should sell and punch yourself repeatedly.