/smg/ - Stock Market General

Let's talk strategy edition, what are your plays for the next week, month, year?

Popular brokers:
pastebin.com/F1yujtVq (embed) (embed)

Stock market terminology:
pastebin.com/VtnpN5iJ (embed) (embed)

Risk management:
pastebin.com/sqJUcbjp (embed) (embed)

Live Bloomberg stream:
livenewson.com/american/bloomberg-television-business.html

Educational sites:
investopedia.com/
khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain
nhentai.net/tag/sweating/

Free charting tools:
tradingview.com
finscreener.com/

Stock/ETF screeners:
finviz.com/
tradingview.com/screener
etfdb.com/

Pre-Market Data and Live data:
investing.com/indices/indices-futures
finance.yahoo.com/

Bio-pharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

Boomer Investing 101:
bogleheads.org/wiki/Getting_started

Dividend Reinvestment (DRIP) calculator:
dividendchannel.com/drip-returns-calculator/

List of hedge fund holdings:
fintel.io/

Previously on /smg/:

Attached: Capture.png (537x439, 433.42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rjj_XJkFKYA&feature=emb_logo
biospace.com/article/releases/opko-health-s-bioreference-laboratories-to-introduce-coronavirus-disease-covid-19-test/
youtu.be/iFDe5kUUyT0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What is THIS trend called /smg/?

Attached: ESY0-xmWAAAy0Yq.png (1908x1006, 124.4K)

Too late to short airlines?

>he bought the dip
>he didn't buy puts
>he isn't selling calls
>he is a tripfag
>he read this post

Attached: 1560974989774.gif (445x247, 3.23M)

If I peepee can I also poopoo??

next week : none
next month : buy cheapies after bad quarterly results
next year : as of yet, none

It's called buy the dip tomorrow.

Attached: 1452951926717.jpg (576x760, 103.83K)

Time to buy puts in GDX and GLD.

Attached: 1545514790345.jpg (1000x1000, 150.53K)

Calm down user, now is not the time for fear. That comes later.

Attached: 1512711181059.jpg (494x411, 130.16K)

user, I don't think you fully grasp 08.
>banks leverage out the ass for high(er) yield mortgage bonds because low default rates
>banks need more, start stuffing bonds with subprime (read riskier) mortgages
>lenders write to shitty applicants because banks will buy the debt regardless
>sell shitty bonds to investors
>ratings agencies go hmmmmmmmm but essentially then get bought off by banks and tell investors they're A-OK
>subprime lending catches up to them, as borrowers begin to default
>bonds begin to fail (ITS ACTUALLY HAPPENING!!!!!1!!1!)
>Banks, leveraged UP THE ASS thinking these things could never fail have way too much shit on their books
>try to offload shit to other banks, and then short the shit they just sold (The Big Short ftw)
>banks drag each other down as money disappears from the world
>no monies mean banks fire people cause can't afford them, ready to apply for bankruptcy protections to save what little assets they have left
>insurers can't cover the costs
>BANKS BEGIN TO FAIL
>PEOPLE LOSE HOMES THEY COULDNT AFFORD
>PEOPLE LOSE JOBS
>obungur decides to give banks trillions of taxpayer dollars (I think it was dumb in hindsight, but I don't blame him for that decision, that's a tough call)
>nobody gets punished
>Nobody likes investing anymore, nobody likes banks, people are jobless, homeless, broke, occupy wall st begins, stocks low low low
And now
>Sanders is a possibility
>50% tax, plus "speculation tax", plus high capital gains tax makes the stock market shit(tier than it already is) for retail investors and only the big boys can actually play
>that means low liquidity in the markets cause it's only banks and rich people trading with other banks and rich, they're not really public anymore
>decrease in several industries like healthcare and banking
>plus airlines and cruises dropping because of travel corona fears
It's a blip. Bunch of shit coming together all at once sending the markets into a tizzy, but not srs enough for 08 lvls

10 year teetering on a waterfalls edge. Holy fuck I though it would take 6 months for the big drop but looks like 6 hours.

Attached: Screenshot_20200305-193818.png (1080x2160, 169.48K)

Jumped into deep water
Struggling to get head above
Exhausted, pulled below

Attached: 1568792950942.jpg (683x1024, 330.04K)

I am going to stop memeing into positions and selling at a loss and put some work into developing an options strategy that works for me.

Bond yields at all time lows. Only stupid money is buying tomorrow

Now is the perfect fucking time for fear!

Attached: 809.jpg (500x333, 24.64K)

will it finally happen again? spy 290?

Attached: 1551406380438.gif (422x309, 446.84K)

Who is ready for the LEGENDARY CRASH next week????

Attached: EITpr6BXkAYvxQk.jpg (1171x486, 47.5K)

is that a fucking haiku? kek

Attached: B8C586CD-20E7-4E7E-9163-FA9EDDC8FE91.png (436x458, 333.33K)

And people still pretend the greatest depression of all time isn't coming?

Attached: 1583458952728.png (906x1170, 954.18K)

The real crash hasn't even started

Attached: 15632944353423.jpg (1440x1080, 87.16K)

Absolute fucking clown market.

Attached: 2020-03-05_17-44-18.jpg (472x278, 20.91K)

If you follow memes with your money you’ll get burned, almost nobody worth listening to in these threads or other investment circles will have the time, space, or energy to walk you through all of their research, intuition, or even all of their positions. Assume you’re getting one piece of a wider strategy at all times and risk manage accordingly.

And if you’re going to YOLO you should be sure you’re at least gonna lose your money in good company. That means knowing when to stop losses or execute gains on bets you at least feel deeply are sure fire. Good luck user.

This is the end
Beautiful friend
This is the end
My only friend, the end
Of our elaborate plans, the end
Of everything that stands, the end
No safety or surprise, the end
I'll never look into your eyes again
Can you picture what will be?
So limitless and free
Desperately in need
Of some stranger's hand
In a desperate land
Lost in a Roman wilderness of pain
And all the children are insane
All the children are insane
Waiting for the summer rain, yeah
There's danger on the edge of town
Ride the King's Highway, baby
Weird scenes inside the gold mine
Ride the highway west, baby
Ride the snake, ride the snake
To the lake, the ancient lake, baby
The snake, he's long, seven miles
Ride the snake
He's old and his skin is cold
The west is the best
The west is the best
Get here and we'll do the rest
The blue bus is calling us
The blue bus is calling us
Driver, where you taking us?
The killer awoke before dawn
He put his boots on
He took a face from the ancient gallery
And he walked on down the hall
He went into the room where his sister lived, and then he
Paid a visit to his brother, and then he
He walked on down the hall, and
And he came to a door
And he looked inside
"Father?" "Yes, son?" "I want to kill you"
"Mother? I want to..."
Come on baby, take a chance with us
And meet me at the back of the blue bus
Of the blue bus, on the blue bus, on the blue bus
Come on yeah
Fuck, fuck
Fuck fuck, fuck, fuck
Come on baby, fuck me baby yeah
Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck
Come on baby, fuck me baby
Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck
Come on
Fuck fuck
Alright
Fuck fuck
Kill, kill, kill, kill
This is the end
Beautiful friend
This is the end
My only friend, the end
It hurts to set you free
But you'll never follow me
The end of laughter and soft lies
The end of nights we tried to die
This is the end

Attached: 1519325644731.gif (1027x731, 370.21K)

I want to add more to AMD but it's growing rather than shrinking in this market drop like I wanted it to. I was hoping for 45 or below soon. Plan was to hold until 70 as things got back in order.

Also add more into CVA and then look at some other things. I want to grab capcom but I've been having issues as I can't buy until something clears but I can buy anything US. Odd.

I'll be pushing more into things that push dividends annually/quarterly as a long term strat for building passive incomes. Recommendations here would be appreciated.

Attached: Stonks2020Mar4.png (247x299, 9.82K)

everyday is a good day to short the fuck out of italy

corona is still weak in the us and the economic fundaments are good.

italy was shit before corona and corona spread out of control there

OH NO NO NO NO CRAB BROS???? WE'RE FUCKED.

Attached: 1566225086172.png (897x495, 664.03K)

Yes

Also the best advice you’ll ever get is that nobody ever went broke taking a profit. $10 is a practically free lunch.

OLD'D

>U.S. 19 Year Treasury Note hits sub 0.800%
What happens /smg/??

Attached: 1583458280684.gif (387x368, 434.12K)

I remember a month ago someone made a thread about gains on Greek stocks. We really were at the top kek

Rule No. 1 anytime someone mentions Greek stocks its 100% over

either it's 2008 and I'm buying the top and should probably kill myself, or it's not and everyone will go back to work after sniffles season, and stocks will never be this low again and I'll be able to give my grandkids shares of Coke, Microsoft, Costco, Applied Materials, Mastercard, and Merck, and they'll be the richest fucks in the Moon ghetto.

I should probably buy more Barrick and GLDM though. Maybe some Franco Nevada or something?

Also maybe something like Dexcom?

I was just reading that a lot of the selloff had to do with over-leveraged funds needing to crash out immediately.

And there's a lot of fud over consumer debt regarding car payments, but losing your car ain't like losing your home. I'd like to believe the financials are stronger than they were back then, but they've been rolling back laws and decreasing regulation since trump got in office. You never know what kind of stupid games the've been playing in the back room.

Sanders is basically off the menu now too.

Attached: Screen Shot 2020-03-05 at 5.48.35 PM.png (1524x1482, 494.77K)

When China and Japan stop pumping you know its over

>AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: 1564711513210.png (866x1390, 1.92M)

Still time to short cruise lines and other travel stuff eg hotels, airlines? Seems late but no way they don’t keep going down at least for a bit

lel FUTURES RED

even with all this pumping

No one gets off this ride...

Attached: bane-quote.jpg (945x584, 202.7K)

This doesn't tell me anything about a financial depression. More people than ever can work from home, and everyone with a minor case won't be bedridden with pneumonia. Just wear a mask... we have about 1% of the masks required though, that's good FUD.

Attached: 62382654_p0_square1200.jpg (500x500, 39.65K)

San Francisco is so unbelievably fucked.

Why are options on EWI so fucking cheap compared to everything else?

>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: 1560472367150.jpg (1300x1346, 178.79K)

Economy crashes. Great depression pt 2. I'm loading up on prep and waiting for the looters/grid down shtf scenario. Ready to bug out at a moment's notice

Attached: 1582455623368.png (494x762, 399.11K)

pandemic triggered recession after euphoria

>even with all this pumping

Attached: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.jpg (400x400, 17K)

Nothing can save equities anymore, there is nothing left but to crash and let the air out

what if fed cut rates by 1%

>he tracks DIX

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: 1570337209021.jpg (1300x1380, 328.75K)

Anyone else unironically like Cramer and think he really does care and have some deep insights even though he's only mortal and can't be right all the time?

Attached: 1566574947753.jpg (1066x1184, 575.53K)

Then we enter the twilight zone

If you bears are so smart what's the ultimate way to make sick amounts of dosh tomorrow (asking for a friend)

Attached: 518-5182650_transparent-frozen-yogurt-clipart-puglie-pug-food-hd.png (860x1036, 816.29K)

Lol

Attached: Screenshot_20200305-205049.png (1080x2280, 216.36K)

Doesn’t get much more comfy being heavily short and watching this implosion overnight

Attached: 4L_XpiE1E1u.png (1067x851, 195.37K)

lmao you don't?

SNSSanon, do you think the results next week for SNSS are gonna be good and if so should I buy before the conference on Tuesday?

>....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Attached: 1580369292658.png (1300x1049, 2.58M)

>reddit spacing
Get the fuck out of here now nigger

Attached: flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg (750x1000, 43.96K)

I wish I wasn't a pussy and had all my money in puts and sqqq calls, i'm 2/3 cash right now

What do you guys think about real estate? Mortgage rates are real attractive right now, but I don't know how all of this volatility would affect the market. My gut tells me that money would flow into housing as a safe haven so prices aren't going to collapse, but I'm smallbrained on this sort of thing. Would be for living in long term.

>More people than ever can work from home

Only 8 million people in the US can work at home, do you think that will save the country's finances from going belly up when everything sector goes to shit?

US500 FUTURES ABOUT TO DROP BELOW 3000

Attached: 1514241068442.png (394x360, 143.53K)

It looks like he cares, but all he can do is watch. It's awful to care when there is nothing you can do.

Attached: C87AE709-EF94-4A0E-8A96-7CBA30A891A9.jpg (1000x889, 149.6K)

*every

houses are expensive as fuck thanks to boomers, would not enter right now

At this point who knows. It's absolutely fucking crazy that we're still dumping after a 50 basis point UNSCHEDULED cut. They cut another 100 bps? Maybe it'll bounce up big for a day. Then what? What if it continues to dump back down, and now Fed has blown all their load?

Attached: 1567357449235.png (182x186, 45.91K)

I TOLD YOU NIGGERS TO ALL IN SQQQ
I HOPE YOU LISTENED

Wait till were forced to go negative and then the government will pay you to buy a home,this is my plan until then I wait to cash out my puts

youtube.com/watch?v=rjj_XJkFKYA&feature=emb_logo

Attached: flex2.png (1180x664, 924K)

why do i find this image so funny

The surest single move if it opens red is probably to wait for 30-90 minutes after open and see if a bottom starts to form, buy calls to yesterday’s lowest high, sell them at 10% gains or more depending how stupid you want to be about it

You didn't hear this from me, but tomorrow is BULLISH.

You're making me feel like I should have sold my ford put before market close. Definitely selling before the weekend if any of my profits make it until then.

Boomer bubble in housing

I really fucking hope you are not buying tomorrow. We are still at a dead cat bounce.

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST

Attached: 2020-03-05_17-55-30.jpg (447x557, 40.52K)

>Attention dear american people!
>Everything is fine

Attached: weed.png (915x658, 486.8K)

GO DDAMN IT WHY DIDN"T I ALL IN

Wait to watch tomorrow crash kek

Everything gonna dump. Could see -40% before end of this year on all assets

here's your (you) dumbshit

That's not even true redditspacing

double breaks between paragraphs isn't redditspacing

double breaks between sentences is when it becomes a problem

I've been here longer than I'd care to admit

long enough to see my homeboards opened, closed, invaded by r/incel exiles, livestream suicides, and see some of my favorite mentally ill posters suicide obituaries

here longer than you fagboi

Just started this shit, so i'm probably being dumb as fuck, but how would this even make money. Wouldn't the premiums be to high to make a profit?

Buy the dip :^)

If you can sell for profit every day you’ll do better than most people who try this, trailing stop loss targets are the way to handle options imo. I take small money but I take a lot of it.

Every once and again I yolo though because life is shitty and boring when the basics are already guaranteed but you’re not actually rich.

>bro if everyone worked at home our 70% consumer economy will be fine
Lmao

Nothing personal, kid.

Attached: 1556491011853.png (609x343, 372.66K)

B&R

I’m almost all in on SQQQ with a tiny bit of SPXU and GDX. I’ve wanted to write calls on the SQQQ but I’d hate for them to get called away in the midst of an economic armageddon.

>we're fucked pattern

3000 BREACHED

S-savanon...Pendy...

If you buy and sell the options during continued high volatility you won't have to pay for IV.

That being said I dropped my options to just go short because I wanted to cash in on higher IV, bought Wednesday at close and sold thursday then went short instead of using options

Less liquid markets fall slower than more liquid markets as transactions take more time. First will be the stock/bond/paper market, but real estate falls months afterwards.

Feel like it will go back up to 50-75% below the ATH before the drop. Depends on the news cycle though and what drumf does to influnce sentiment. Fuck the fed they are just making this so much worse. Definetly straddled across the board due to volitility.

why you keep posting this, i have't seen college broke boi make any posts lately

God damn would tesla please fucking crash back to 400? I've been sitting on these puts forever

gold.

>Fed is accommodating, Corona is about to get much more widespread, from an insider friend my dad has. 0 interest rates here we come. Plus you can't even test Corona in America yet.

>US loses its safe haven status

>If recession, QE will boost gold too

>Lots of momentum from last year

$OPK with a new corona virus test. CEO just met with Trump this week. With the CDC original test kits not working properly word is they are getting gov’t contract for new Corona virus test kit worth 100’s of millions.

biospace.com/article/releases/opko-health-s-bioreference-laboratories-to-introduce-coronavirus-disease-covid-19-test/

This is it. Isn't it?

Attached: tuq238wn1y501.jpg (813x551, 163.1K)

In a year or so when the DOW is at 40K, you'll look back on this day and go, "I should've loaded up while everyone was 'AAAAA-ing' and posting pink wojaks."

Attached: bullchad.png (607x608, 344.84K)

Here's to another recession which will provide us with cheapies that will last for decades

Attached: 1548427802106.jpg (392x331, 24.7K)

fuck tesla be patient man

>in a year

*in a decade

>DO NOT ASK FOR WHOM THE BELL TOLLS
>IT TOLLS FOR THEE

Attached: 965166ecbc18eafcad3930fc142fcb71.jpg (881x1100, 112.41K)

Oh, hello. Didn't see you there. I was just checking the 10yr bond futures and they're exploding higher in the overnight session. Is that bullish?

Attached: 1582643118070.png (619x594, 188.1K)

ITS FUCKING HAPPENING

Attached: Screenshot_20200305-200157.png (1080x2160, 303.01K)

Uh... basically, and I do mean basically, premiums on calls will be lower the longer and further something has been trending downward. When it starts trending upward again, you can resell the option at a higher price to close your position for a profit.

This is impossible. THere's no way that number is right.

Attached: a70.png (600x600, 136.39K)

*in 20 years after the post-WW3 Bogdanoff plan is implimented

Come cleansing fire
Come sweet death
Erase the wealth of the Boomer, so that we may be free

Attached: 1583428609448.jpg (1020x574, 60.97K)

I'm actually laughing every time someone posts the 10Y

Its going to be absolutely fucking useless, the market is extremely volatile LETS INSERT MORE VOLATILITY

Attached: 1583008784650.png (407x415, 360.67K)

god damn this shit is in freefall

Attached: Let it happen.png (993x352, 37.11K)

>everything is fine

Recession getting priced in

Attached: z0id1kj9od911.jpg (750x746, 94.59K)

Attached: 4L_X2VLf8rn.jpg (454x445, 43.53K)

Can someone explain this to a brainlet like me please?

I don't even know what to think anymore. Bonds are so ridiculously overbought, it has GOT to bounce back at some point

But I thought that yesterday, and the day before that, and the day before that... and they just keep clowning around..

What the fuck is going on

Attached: 2020-03-05_18-04-34.jpg (469x553, 40.92K)

Attached: j4ck.png (1609x899, 1.11M)

Use investing

Attached: 2231.png (670x722, 41.85K)

Here youtu.be/iFDe5kUUyT0

What kind of person even buys this.

The only shitty part about being a bear is the constant risk that things will get crazy enough that your profits won’t mean anything.

Rotated my 401k to bonds and baggie said he shorted them. Hope he hasn't killed himself before witnessing the crash.

Unironically scammed widows and cuck 40 year old lifelong losers

>mfw I'm buying the dip

Attached: 1564112934894.jpg (225x225, 7.72K)

Banks. They buy billions and billions of dollars worth at a time and flip em to one another.

Actually might be a good idea at this point for cruises and airlines. They are completely hated, nobody wants them, blood in the streets