Didn't even have sex with his """""slaves""""

>didn't even have sex with his """""slaves""""
Daly did nothing wrong and was benevolent, CMV

Attached: Daky.jpg (602x361, 60.03K)

>NPCs are conscious even when the game isn't running
>the game is controlled by an in-game remote that can be lost, misplaced, water damaged or fucking stolen by NPCs
>NPCs can hack the outside world with an in-game console despite previously establishing that it was just useless buttons for show
>Game update manifests in-game as a wormhole that must be travelled through
>A power-cut can leave the played permanently trapped in the game instead of just ejecting them
Was this written by somebody who has never played a video game in their lives?

>didn't even have sex with his """""slaves""""
>Daly did nothing wrong
He didn't have sex with his slaves. That's a big mistake.

>im supposed to rather feel sorry for a bunch of 1s and 0s than a breathing, living human just because he's a below average looking white male
>YASS PROGRAM QWEEN SLAYYY
what did brooker mean by this

>invents a functional form of immortality that only requires a saliva swab and a brain scan
>humanity is deprived of his discovery because one woman got upset

Keep in mind, this was basically a mod the on a private server that the CTO set up single-handed.

Humanity isn't deprived of it, they showed this in that retirement home where the nigger and the vegetable turned into dykes for each other. Except consciousness resides in your soul and a computer imitating existence isnt really sentient no matter how hard Charlie Brooker cries

when will the 'loading consciousness into a computer' meme finally end? I actually met people who take it as obvious that this kind of stuff is actually around the corner (because computers get better every year) even though nobody knows what consciousness is and in any case it has nothing in common with a comuter except that both can do math.

Your consciousness is just the interaction between a chemical drip and a series of electrical impulses, so in theory a computer with enough processing power can copy and emulate this interaction.

that was not the point of the episode tho. It can be seen from the incel perspective too. BM is about dangers of technology, and being killed by a computer program is a danger. It's obviously amigbous but your incel mindset prevents you from seeing that.

it wont be you tho

>>didn't even have sex with his """""slaves""""
Then he already committed a wrong.

They weren't even real people, just fucking "cookies" as Black Mirror calls them. I can't believe people think this was a happy ending.

how are 1's and 0's any different to AGCT's?

In theory, if you slowly replace your own physical brain with a synthetic version, you can shift your own consciousness into the synthetic brain, then transfer back and forth between your synthetic brain and another computer. This would require you to be able to manipulate the neurons of your own brain using nanotechnology though.

Right but this theme is in like half of black mirror episodes, it's not exactly rare at this point

Nigga, I'm not sure it'll be me when I wake up everytime I go to sleep.

cringe reductionist
consciousness is not just muh chemical and electrical reactions

>DOOD WHAT IF SIMULATED PEOPLE WERE ACTUALLY REAL PEOPLE
Why did BM devolve into this one concept over and over and over again? It used to have at least some variety

In theory you can also destroy 90% of your brain and be fine if you destroy it piece by piece slowly enough.

Nice rebuttal.

>when will the 'loading consciousness into a computer' meme finally end?
An increasing percentage of the population is becoming atheist because "Why would you believe a bunch of desert fables?" But they (idiots) still have the enduring fantasy of living beyond death so they have the fantasy of a computer afterlife keeping them around. Picture related.

Attached: EPMnV-9W4AAm2A9.jpg (635x578, 73.66K)

>Your consciousness is just the interaction between a chemical drip and a series of electrical impulses, so in theory a computer with enough processing power can copy and emulate this interaction.

>Put battery in salt water
>Huzzah, consciousness!

>Your consciousness is just the interaction between a chemical drip and a series of electrical impulses
Just? Do you have any idea about how complicated the chemical-electrical interactions are in the brain? Because science doesn't, not yet and not by a long shot.
>so in theory a computer with enough processing power can copy and emulate this interaction
In theory I can transform salt-water into fusion by you don't see assholes building powerplants. Consciousness requires so many minutia we don't understand the greater implications of that the idea of replicating it might as well be magic.

why this episode triggered Yas Forums so much?

Isn't that just alcoholism?

How the fuck did Bob Chipman 'earn' any of that

are you asking how is a cheap imitation not like the real thing?

if we say they are not real people then it will slowly evolve to saying that we humans are not real people. For practical reasons we need to treat android with human tier mind as real.

By being brave enough to make this masterpiece.

Attached: Bob Hot Chicken.png (570x735, 373.36K)

>if we say they are not real people then it will slowly evolve to saying that we humans are not real people. For practical reasons we need to treat android with human tier mind as real.

Attached: 1565844245981.png (454x520, 10.6K)

it's nice to see that you can't prove me wrong

gross

>it's nice to see that you can't prove me wrong

Attached: 1572559211988.png (782x758, 126.63K)

Indian guy: it can't be hacked, i've tried
White woman: well, i haven't
LOL

>get treated as an NPC wageslave by the ruling class
>get propaganda TV show warning you of the danger of wanting to be the ruling class because if you try to rule others you will die

Is the real point of this show just to subtly persuade the plebes to stay in their place?

Attached: 1475732436900.jpg (686x576, 36.6K)

The main bitch in this looked hot in that little faux Star Trek outfit.

>if we say they are not real people then it will slowly evolve to saying that we humans are not real people
no
because the basis for saying that computer programs aren't real people is that they're not human
How could that possibly turn around to humans are not real people

not everyone can be king
The beoing MAX project agrees

Because Bob Chipman has educated the public on the merits of good popcorn flicks of course.
I forgot to mention that the computer afterlife meme will never end. Science Fiction writers are still robbing Philip K Dick's LSD-fueled fantasies for inspiration. And it just gets more legitimacy when "Big Brains" like Elon Musk talk about "simulation theory."

don't mind me just a receptionist giving the CTO shit

Attached: 155.jpg (710x320, 25.14K)