Blood Meridian is unfilmable

>Blood Meridian is unfilmable
>this kino exists
uhhh explain yourself, /lit/fags?

Attached: main.jpg (850x505, 439.25K)

you can't film fascist power fantasies. that's big no no and reason why it is not filmable.

the brutality from Bone Tomahawk is the exact kind I'd expect from a Blood Meridian adaptation
it absolutely can be filmed it's just no one has the balls to do it

American Sniper is only a couple of years old

It's the white people getting killed in Jesse James so its ok

In Blood Meridian its all niggers and native americans getting assraped and disemboweled so it's not okay

What about Blood Meridian is fascist?

When did you realise you're Robert and not Jesse bros

Attached: cover1.jpg (800x450, 91.69K)

why do you want a movie, just read the book

>stripping the clothes from the dead and seizing them up by the hair and passing their blades about the skulls of the living and the dead alike and snatching aloft the bloody wigs and hacking and chopping at the naked bodies, ripping off limbs, heads, gutting the strange white torsos and holding up great handfuls of viscera, genitals, some of the savages so slathered up with gore they might have rolled in it like dogs and some who fell upon the dying and sodomized them with loud cries to their fellows

Attached: 1568587786339.jpg (410x357, 15.08K)

Shut the fuck up
Blocked

The strength of Blood Meridian isn't the story or the characters, it's the descriptive pose, the language, the poetry.
None of that translates to film. Film can be poetic but a poetic book doesn't give a film adaptation anything to use. The film adaptation would be starting from scratch basically on being beautiful.
The book isn't structured at all like a screenplay either and there isn't even really a likeable protagonist to base a story around.
Aside from a few cool speeches which would seem cringe and a few interesting character designs which wouldn't be castable, there's really nothing to make a good film.
Not saying it couldn't be good, but it would be -harder- to make it good than something totally original.

If i was a director/writer, I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole, and I love the book. It gives nothing to a film adaptation and when you invariably don't live up to the book you have a thousand autists crying about you 'ruining' the book but it's more like that the book would have ruined your film.

Attached: amandla-stenberg-2.jpg (1220x2000, 368.5K)

because its actually has a story not just hudreds pages of "humans are evil, PERIOD"

Nothing is unfilmable. Only retards with no imagination or creativity say things like that.

Too many n-bombs

>the film adaptation would be starting from scratch on being beautiful
Great, get Terrence Malick on it. That's how he makes all his films.

>They is four things that can destroy the earth, he said. Women, whiskey, money, and niggers
Jesus Cormac

This is a good point. Blood Meridian isn't unfilmable, it would just be significantly worse as a film.

In a way, it would be like trying to turn the Silmarillion into a film, what's the point? It's just an encyclopedia.

I hate the pseud way McCarthy, when he wants to say a character went for a walk, writes >he stretched his legs

his desert descriptions make me hard tbqh

Attached: ws_Red_Desert_Rocks_Utah_2560x1920.jpg (2560x1920, 1.99M)

I'm still convinced the "nigger book" guy from /lit/ was actually Cormac McCarthy.
You should check out Hold The Dark. I was amazed scumflix had a hand in a movie like that being made. It's like No Country For Old Men but in Alaska. Much more similar to Blood Meridian. That kind of cleanly, violent storytelling would be perfect a for 3 hour 45 minute Blood Meridian movie.

Attached: in-the-woods-1976.jpg (620x358, 48.58K)

Terrence Malick would never do it in a million years, the core ideas of blood meridian are antithetical to his world-view

that P210 makes me hard

How is that? I mean, wouldn't a portrayal of all the ugliness be enough? Malick would intend for it to be repulsive, but anyone who disagreed would be free to. Malick is an honest filmmaker, not a dishonest one (memes don't apply) which means he is capable of portraying something without a political or propagandist lens

>when did you realize you're not gigachad Jesse James and just an incel Robert Ford
well, I realized that I'm not gigachad a long time ago

You are to smart for this thread user, abandon ship

no user I will never leave

Attached: 1546895901924.jpg (250x238, 7.92K)

He lay awake amid the pale glow of the gibbous moon like a great eye lucent with cosmic enmity and contemplated parricide and he bivuoacked out of bed and squatted a moment and went downstairs to pick a horse from his adobe remuda and drank enough pulque for a toper and rode out into the malpais all night and he rode on and the bloody sunrise crept in over the flat plains and he killed and murdered and raped another indian and spat on the ground

A madman did back in 2014 and it grossed around 800 million dollars 4 years ago

Fucking Mccarthy probably lurks best gore.com

Fucking live the dude and how he came up with a death by bolito strangulation

???

>he hasn't been enlightened

sensiblechuckle.gif

enlighten me senpai

glanton spat
glanton bivouacked

>when he refers to the company as "unhorsed saxons"
kino

Attached: 1586877305271.jpg (334x506, 29.4K)