11/10 love interest

>11/10 love interest
>classic story
>true science fantasy
>colorful art direction
>great special effects
why did it fail

Attached: john carter.jpg (338x500, 17.76K)

budget was from older projects that failed, so it was never going to turn a profit

fun movie tho

Bad marketing. Like if Yas Forums didn't tell me to watch it years ago, I would've likely never touched it because it didn't look at all interesting. It's great though.

Taylor Kitsch was relentlessly handsome.

Most people don't like pulp stories, but as said they barely even knew it was out to decide if they didn't like it.

I knew secondhand about A Princess of Mars but had never read it. I didn't even know this movie was on Mars or was based on the classic scifi stuff. The trailers kind of made me feel like it was just another one of the grabs that disney was making at the time trying to replicate the success of Pirates of the Caribbean.That's why I never saw it in the theater.

He still is tbqh

And what everyone else already said. It's weird, Disney had some pretty decent to great live action movies from 2010 to 2012, but none of them were successful enough for Disney.

Prince of Persia, John Carter, Tron Legacy, Tomorrowland. These were all solid films, but no one cared enough.

Marketing dropped Mars from the title because they came under the impression that the word Mars in a title is box office poison.

I had a lot of fun watching this movie, and the effects were top notch, but my buddy kept fast forwarding it and I felt like I wasn't missing anything...

Also The Lone Ranger in 2013

They're not entirely wrong. I can name three dogshit films with Mars in the name. Mars Attacks, Mission to Mars, Ghosts of Mars especially.

this just adding "of Mars" to the title would have doubled the profits cause then normies would have at least known it was sci-fi fantasy. as it was seeing a movie entitled John Carpenter you have no clue that the fuck it's about and normies are to lazy to even bother looking

Oh yeah that one too, I never did see it but all I remember are "people" getting mad that Johnny Depp played a native American

Taylor Kitsch has the charisma and acting skills of a potato, yet he still gets roles.

It was because of Mars needs Moms that they dropped it. But your point is correct.

Never saw it. It just looked kinda boring at the time.

I saw Tron Legacy and thought it was alright when I was young, probably wouldn't like it now. The score was amazing though.

Yeah but people don’t think of those movies because they hear the word mars, they think of the planet mars.
I swear that method of bureaucratic assessment is literally tribal superstition ordered neatly to disguise its retardedness.
Everyone is just a drone
Except for me
I’m a FUCKING GENIUS

Unironically participate in sexual intercourse

Blame gorillas on comic book covers

Bad marketing

I’m on the verge of it my dear.Might you be willing to join in?

I was in the same boat as you but I just watched it last week. The visuals and soundtrack still hold up. The performances from everyone in the film though, damn you could tell the check was the only thing they cared about. Michael Sheen was ok tho

What a forward young man you are!

>tomorrowland was a solid film
no

If a normie hear "Mars" in the title of a movie, that just screams old outdated sci-fi to them.

the first half was really good. gripping and kept me on the edge of my seat. but the second half is incomprehensible and makes literally no sense unless you consult 9000 daedra to explain whats happening in cantonese

i have a hunch that corporate forced production to stretch it to 2hrs long because the 1hr 20 minute disney formula was old and associated with childrens movies

none of those are dogshit

I feel bad for Ciaran Hinds, inbetween rome and the terror he was only in flops and or shit

I saw it when it came out. Shit marketing coupled with Disney experimenting with their new brand marvel acquisition. The movie failure got a Disney exec fired actually

I really like this movie BTW. It's beautiful and has more soul than any tent pole from the last 15 years. The Lone Ranger is much better though

tinker tailor, there will be blood, road to perdition, silence,

Ghosts of Mars was dogshit. John, just let it go.

no it wasn't fuck you

Wait this movie was actually good? I never bothered with it because of the dull trailers and mediocre reviews. I assumed it had just been forgotten and deservedly so. Might have to check it out.

Good is a strong word. It's not BAD, and you could do worse. I think a solid 6-6.5/10 is a fair enough score.

Perdition is such an undermentioned good movie

Thats why no one saw the Martian

>tfw the rain scene