Post things people pretend to like to look smart

Attached: 324ADAAA-3889-4EAC-841A-C880D371ABF6.jpg (488x635, 85.26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/save/https://www.counter-currents.com/2010/07/mulholland-drive/?__cf_chl_jschl_tk__=be0c6ea69cd9c22ad18d06da84e33f5a8db0e501-1588300040-0-AV_ZpA0-Tdqg2Q15tt32wVcTnuEe9kLq8IkbEeWzXL60T9ERZtdF2U7CQeSUeRzTSzdAU3xNeCE585MA_S1TA4qH8F1Y6PrlWd1ZHKfeQUKUnMRXAAUSnLDeEdETrYKoYmexAccqf1ET-oL32OLvhro6qS9tgiTf_UwYiVvZ2CzPdeEcXGuhgq0q-fodwTfruOcakgqBSltnnw5rM2bYm2E9GeCeoK61k_aMfvgfjAo--NWpwNKCiLwQvJhKPukdOGN78Ty_JdmTPH8yAaqPMXT8KSTJ3XCgLBBiRXfYBuj7j34ialsQ60bV3mbGIcofWg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

books

Oh man, looks like another Yas Forums Lynch Party about to happen

>hurr I don't get it, so you're just pretending to like it
fuck off autist

Attached: 1577952159450.jpg (852x480, 43.36K)

WOW OP YOU GOT LYNCHED LMAO WHAT A PLEB YOU SHOULD JUST ENJOY THE RABBITS AND THE LOCOMOTION LMAO EMBARRASSED FOR YOU THAT YOU GOT LYNCHED TBQH

Looking for meaning in something that has none isn’t intellectual. It’s a waste of time.

/film/ Deep discussion about art-house cinema.
>Mizoguchi
>Bresson
>Ozu
>Fassbinder
>Eisenstein
>Zulawski

Too slow for you brainlet? You don't get it? It's Boring? Hah, go back to watching capeshit normie.

Attached: you're too dumb to understand lynch.jpg (500x601, 70.75K)

>Eisenstein
Eisenstein films aren't slow or boring lol

>trying to "get" Lynch
and so you fail!

this post is the definition of
L Y N C H E D
Y
N
C
H
E
D

What did David Lynch mean by this?

web.archive.org/save/https://www.counter-currents.com/2010/07/mulholland-drive/?__cf_chl_jschl_tk__=be0c6ea69cd9c22ad18d06da84e33f5a8db0e501-1588300040-0-AV_ZpA0-Tdqg2Q15tt32wVcTnuEe9kLq8IkbEeWzXL60T9ERZtdF2U7CQeSUeRzTSzdAU3xNeCE585MA_S1TA4qH8F1Y6PrlWd1ZHKfeQUKUnMRXAAUSnLDeEdETrYKoYmexAccqf1ET-oL32OLvhro6qS9tgiTf_UwYiVvZ2CzPdeEcXGuhgq0q-fodwTfruOcakgqBSltnnw5rM2bYm2E9GeCeoK61k_aMfvgfjAo--NWpwNKCiLwQvJhKPukdOGN78Ty_JdmTPH8yAaqPMXT8KSTJ3XCgLBBiRXfYBuj7j34ialsQ60bV3mbGIcofWg

How can anyone watch a film like Erasherhead and pretend it means something?

so you’re calling yourself a woman?

its obviously about parenthood and responsibilities that come with it.

This

What?

exactly what i thought

Lynch has been internationally acclaimed for decades and OP thinks everyone’s pretending lol. Cope harder brainlet faggot.

>Look! There’s a tiny lady in the radiator with fake face cheeks! This is clearly a homage to the works of Homer and epitomises the post modern struggle with parenthood and the anxiety stemming from late stage capitalism.

Lynchtards actually believe shit like this lmao.

goddamn this is a fine review

Fire Walk With Me

Plot is not even what makes david lynch's films great.look up what surrealist cinema is.

I don't get people who hate on Lynch, he's just an American surrealist. You'd think Jodorowsky and Bunuel would get the same hate but they don't, because they don't recognise the names (they are filmmakers who aren't American).

His films have internal logic in his symbols too, it's not like some Netflix/A24/horror twist film where the entire narrative is a gimmick.

In reality if someone was pretending to sound smart he would pick someone you haven't heard of and unable to explain anyway, everyone's heard of Lynch. Twin Peaks made him a household name.

its just people who don't under surrealist cinema and think plot is everything there is to a film.

I love Lynch and Im a fucking idiot, I don't pretend to 'get' most of it
Imo the most important thing about art is how it makes you feel

Attached: 1586458446622.webm (1280x720, 2.99M)

A film with no plot is just a collection of images. Call it an art exhibition. But it’s not a film.

>No plot
are you trolling?you probably think films like 2001 have no plot too.

define film

guinuinely love eraserhead, hate everything else by lynch
twin peaks was pretty good at first, gave up and stopped watching a few episodes into season 2

Attached: 1580434578752.jpg (770x1032, 108.78K)

>A film with no plot is just a collection of images.
A "motion picture", if you will

I like character pieces that dont depend on plot, I still think the Tree of Life is a steaming pile of wank

>lynch bait threads
Worse than soijak threads desu

its just not your thing then.instead of saying people pretend to like these sort of films understand why they like them.

I didnt say people pretend to like them, somebody else did

I replied because you're simple out of hand rejection that people dont understand them is an arrogant mealy mouthed reply

Exactly. Same here. I know almost nothing about analyzing a film "artistically" but Lynch's movies clearly operate on their own internal logic, and they're fun to watch.
Not everything is amazing. Some dude sweeping cigarettes for 5 minutes is dumb, but watching the Silent opera or whatever in mulholland drive is fucking dope.

>film makes no sense
>people comment on this fact
>Lynchtards seethe and pretend there is something else to get to feel smart

Every time.

I was talking about people who hate lynch and other filmmakers of these sorts instead of realizing they have their place in cinema and many people do enjoy their films.