The Lighthouse

Did anybody actually enjoy this movie?

Attached: The_Lighthouse.jpg (259x383, 15.74K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jGjtUEmEA9o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I liked it. The Witch was significantly better, but I thought it was well made film.

>Did anybody actually enjoy this movie?
I did, in part. It was pretty gay though.

On my first watch, I thought it was shit. The ending really bugged me because it was dull, predictable and yet pretentious.

I sat on the film for days and slowly grew to appreciate and accept it for what it was.
I went back and watched it at the cinema a second time with some friends and I enjoyed it a lot more.

So, 7.5/10?

Yeah, I'm thinking of rewatching it. I didn't like it too much but I'm hearing everyone talk about how good it is. First viewing was a 3.5/7 for me.

it's higher art and more thematically complex than the witcher, made me realise the director actually has a lot of talent

however it's quite a bit less accessible

Best movie in the last 5 years by far.

>It was pretty gay though
youre just projecting

I'm fond of the memes

Attached: HARK.jpg (256x256, 20.96K)

I didn't. The Witch was way better althout this one is definitely more dense.

>Best movie in the last 5 years by far.
agreed, the witch is on that list too

two men in a lighthouse is as gay as it gets

nothing gay about getting blindly drunk and dancing and singing songs with your bros, bro
pretty based actually

>he doesn't watch movies based off how gay they are

Never going to make it as a filmophile.

youtube.com/watch?v=jGjtUEmEA9o
would you watch it?

>not having your movies organized by level of gayness

I didn't see The Witch but I thought this movie was a little bit of a mess. It's prob just me, but I was very confused. I think that's what Eggers was going for.

yes

Where would you put Rocky Horror Picture Show?

>I was very confused
how is that possible, the movie is extremely straightforward and even the supernatural elements are very well conveyed and make complete lucid sense

>implying it ever leaves my vcr

So you didn't notice the scene where Dafoe cums on the other guys face?

literally making up headcanon gay scenes

I loved it, just like I loved The VVitch. Eggers is easily one of my favorite new directors.

Attached: 1574734631526.jpg (900x636, 329.21K)

It would be cool if modern Spongebob did a parody of the lighthouse with Spongebob and Krabs.

Everything seemed like it symbolized something (like that mermaid statue) any my smoll brain got confused. Any explanation I hear about the mermaid and stuff seems just as confusing.

Dafoe is jerking off in the lighthouse while the other guy creeps up the stairs and then cum stats dripping down into the Twilight guy's face, don't make me look for it.

>he prefers women

you a dullard?

Attached: 0562314.jpg (300x168, 6.22K)

Attached: 1581089809145.gif (1600x1440, 927.21K)

>what does it mean fag
its just a fun movie, not homework>Dafoe is jerking off in the lighthouse while the other guy creeps up the stairs and then cum stats dripping down into the Twilight guy's face, don't make me look for it.
its squid slime user...

>How long have we been in Quarantine?
>Five weeks? Two days?
>Help me to recollect

Attached: lighthouse.png (480x479, 290.56K)

If I had a stimulus check, oh boy.....

Attached: fuck it.jpg (480x360, 4.61K)