What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Attached: r[1].jpg (450x283, 14.11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/wpTLR0VWqO4?t=47
youtu.be/fT4lDU-QLUY
youtube.com/watch?v=op6FnQrGk_Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You'll never become a fucking woman, faggot.
Blu Ray >>>>>>>>>> Nigger DVD

Attached: trannyme.png (1083x456, 45.3K)

Key players sided with Blu Ray. Not that it matters, DVD is still around and streaming/direct download will succeed it

PS3 came with the blu-ray in it but you had to buy a separate thing to watch HDDVDs on your Xbox

/thread

It was brilliant. Standalone HD-DVD and Blu-ray players were around $500-$600. For the same $600 you could get a device that played Blu-rays and games. Microsoft through they were being cheeky by offering a $300 add-on for the 360 but the cost of both the player and console ended up being more then a PS3.

youtu.be/wpTLR0VWqO4?t=47

Nothing. They were sidelined.

sony was more aggressive when it came to pushing blu ray to be the new medium. they moneyhatted various studios to get them to release blu ray only. toshiba didnt do any of this

blu ray is easier to say than hd dvd

Should have called it HDVD

No joke, I called that when it first debuted. It's fucking dumb. A hard h-sound followed by several syllables.
DVD-HD would have been better.

Was the addon seriously $300? A buddy of mine had it - I had no idea it was batshit expensive

PS3. It was one of the most affordable Bluray players and people thought 3D media would be a thing, lol

Any anons own a HD VHS?

Attached: vhs-hero.jpg (2220x1248, 180.24K)

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Blu Ray won the shekels war

New technology is always expensive.

What kind of retarded faggot would buy HD VHS? The film will deteriorate and look like shit in less than 10 years.

chad-sama... can I suck your dick?!

eww get lost, incel

youtu.be/fT4lDU-QLUY
This is HD footage taken in 1993, shown on a DVHS tape from 2002, ripped in 2016.

What went wrong?

Attached: 8E0216CF-7678-40AB-8C29-1BB5539C6B09.jpg (750x948, 400.35K)

This.

PS2 did the same wave of DVD from VHS or other shit

My boomer dad specifically went out of his way to buy a standalone blu ray player at launch because he didn’t want “another god damn play station” in the living room. I think he still resents PS2 being our only dvd player when we phased out of VHS really late in the cycle.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA EAT SHIT FAGGOT

HD DvD was owned by Toshiba
Blue-ray sony
So Sony has a movie studio so they already have 1 of 6 major studios on board to get their movies published on blu ray exclusively.
Universal I believe went in the way of HD DVD which means Meet the fuckers is only on HD DVD.
But with Blu-ray discs they can hold more data with less layers compared to HD DVD.
A dual layered blu-ray is about 50 gigabytes and a dual layered dvd is only 25 gb.
Sony had stake in the game already and wanted to gain the next patent proprietary that everyone will have to upgrade to.
So they gambled and were selling Ps3's at a loss, but with it being one of the first Blu-ray players, it was also the most bang for your buck.
Also some of the later blu ray features would require a Blu ray player with up to date frimware which at the time, most of these players did not connect to the internet. So again the Ps3 was just the best choice.
I'll link this video pretty good, I enjoy this guy's channel.
youtube.com/watch?v=op6FnQrGk_Q

Couldn't most blu ray players play HD-DVD's as well as blu ray?

No.

I had both HD DVD & Blu Ray back then. Actually still have a Toshiba player that still works and probably 20+ discs.

Biggest issue was facing the PS3 and studios jumping ship. When WB went from 'both' to BD exclusive it pretty much forced Paramount to do so as well and it killed HD DVD.

Microsoft sabotaged it because there was more money in digital downloads

VC-1 sucks.

Still wish betamax kicked vhs ass back in the day.

It was an accessory to the Xbox 360 rather than a built in feature. Whereas PS3 users could us Blu-ray automatically.

have you tried playing a blu-ray on a pc?
its bullshit on another level, this is why blu ray died and pirates laugh at sony with 4k rips

how is it bullshit

unless you buy/pirate a decoder you are suck with chink shit that never works, region locks and watermarked playback
dvd was never this bad