L.A. Noir

Halfway through playing this. Why was it shit upon? I love this game.. fuck Yas Forums, I'm asking you.

Attached: LA-Noire-Xbox-360_0.jpg (900x350, 52.34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2rNV61Rpo-0
youtube.com/watch?v=qzPvx8VUSDw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

the interrogation mechanics dont work. they over act when they lie

Open world feels underutilized, the acting wasn't the greatest and the characters weren't as good as GTA 4 or Red Deads, made it overall lackluster by comparison to other rockstar titles.
this too

What's wrong Ramirez, you a kid fucker?

I didn't know it was shit on; it's amazing. Great cast and incredibly immersive. We need more media set in that time period.

not enough naked lady murders

Never caught up on that since I'm on the spectrum.

>shit upon
It's considered one of, if not, THE greatest detective game(s) of all time, you parasite.

I liked the setting and investigating, but I didn't think there was enough gun play.

How'd they get away with it?

Attached: you-left-wing-leaning-parasite-5807e28d93bca.jpg (461x439, 12.5K)

I thought it was fine but under baked. You can tell there's a lot of cut corners and missing content from what was intended.

I can attest to all these, but the overall detective in Micky Coen's tinsel town was fantastic. I love it. I feel Rockstar needs to do something with these mechanics.

because it's impossible to lose, you can fuck up time after time after time and still finish the case
and the gameplay is repetitive - all in all your time would be better spent watching LA Confidential

I recommend Mafia 2 if you haven't played it already.
A lot like LA noire except you play as a gangster

I didn't like that if you didn't guess the exact right evidence for their lying, some of which were incredibly vague, you could fuck up the whole case.

For me it's Homicide: Life On the Streets

Really gets that feeling of having to produce good cop stats.

It's great until you get to Vice, then you kinda get bored

It was a different time, a better time

the game is fun but really doesn't have very good replay value either which is a shame

>have to drive like a normal person
>investigation sucks and is just trial and error of choosing every option til you select the right choice

Rockstar is the most kino vidya company. Too bad they are getting the pozzed treatment now that Dan Hauser is out.

Bad cop work, gg

I thought the story was really well constructed. The script wasn't as overwritten or self-congratulatory as most Rockstar AAA titles. You can tell Rockstar didn't touch it.

>and still finish the case
Only technically. I wouldn't exactly call a 1 stat case "winning."
Also there was plenty of corruption in the police force, the case is going to get closed, your job was doing your best to get the right guy.
You can game-over by getting killed, or driving over the crime scene.

>the interrogation mechanics dont work
When I was first playing it on that case with the murder outside the shoe store the woman that worked there told me she didn't see anything because she was out to lunch (or something), but someone else had already said they heard her screaming, so I said 'Doubt' and she started crying and wouldn't say any more and my partner called me an asshole. After that I googled it and discovered that the dialogue options were re-labelled for some stupid reason and what they actually do is:

>Truth = Good Cop
>Doubt = Bad Cop
>Lie = Accuse

When I wrote that down on a post-it note and carried on playing I was basically 100%ing all the dialogue sections.

>Why was it shit upon
It wasn't.
There were some valid complaints about the cases being janky, and that stupid flamethrower section at the end being very out of place, and the interrogation buttons not being super intuitive (which were changed with the updates to good/bad cop and accuse instead of truth, doubt, and lie).
I think everyone really enjoyed the late 40's LA, the story is pretty solid, and cole was a meme factory.

Attached: doubt.jpg (536x800, 60.45K)

YOU'RE GOING TO THE GAS CHAMBER, EDGAR

youtube.com/watch?v=2rNV61Rpo-0
youtube.com/watch?v=qzPvx8VUSDw

Kino

Attached: based department.jpg (410x598, 39.97K)

the hollywood divison was the best imo rest of the game was meh. Loved seeing old Los Angeles though what a beautiful game

It was pre era forensics, cops had zero clue back then. Sometimes ya gotta take a fucker out back and beat them with a bag of oranges.

Attached: L.A. Noire Doubt.jpg (600x341, 19.65K)

It was a better time

it was a good idea but the execution was terrible

The final murder case makes the entire desk pointless. Vice and arson are too short. Traffic was fun but the weird platformer segment at the production lot was janky. The setting is nice though. I hope someone out there picks up the aborted Whore of the Orient follow up.

>they over act when they lie
I think that was just making sure their facial cues would come through the mocap on the actors face.