Just finished up watching this. It was a really good show...

Just finished up watching this. It was a really good show, but not what I was expecting and honestly not really what I wanted. I was expecting an account of the decline of la cosa nostra and an account of rackateering in the 'Attitude' era with club drugs, black gangsters, the Russian mob and a younger generation which had less to lose, and less of a code which actually gave them an advantage in crime over the old Italian mobsters. What I got instead was a soap opera, with elements of a sitcom with a decent Mafia story as the background. before I watched the show I played Grand Theft Auto 3 (which has a few members of the cast in the voice acting) and liked how it really had it's finger on the pulse of culture at the time, with the music and fashion sense. I was hoping the Sopranos would also have that. The first episode really felt like it would. It felt like a modern mob movie
youtube.com/watch?v=0cQOej9nuho
It almost feels like a completely different show from the rest of the series, and I really liked the vibe more than what the show turned into.

Favorite episodes
1.The Sopranos
2.Columbus Day (brilliant episode, fucking fight me)
3.Remember When
4.Long term Parking
5.The one where Jackie Aprile Jr gets shot

Least favorite episodes
1.College (again fucking fight me this episode is trash and it ruined TV)
2.The Artie Bucco episode in Season 6 (forgot what it was called but it sucked)
3.Made in America

Attached: MV5BZGJjYzhjYTYtMDBjYy00OWU1LTg5OTYtNmYwOTZmZjE3ZDdhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTAyODkwOQ@@._V1_.jpg (1525x2170, 612.43K)

bunmping with best meadow

Attached: Screen Shot 2020-04-23 at 5.24.18 PM.jpg (646x499, 35.71K)

so basically you want goodfellas

compare it to the wire, more people will come in and argue

I thought goodfellas was definitely a better mob story yes

I liked The Wire more because they used the series running time to explore the inner workings of a city, which found way more interesting. I can understand why a lot of people like the Sopranos more though. It's more consistent and better acted.

Second best Meadow. I wish she'd be chubbers again

Attached: Screen Shot 2020-04-30 at 6.31.33 PM.jpg (1102x582, 77.57K)

The Sopranos was more of a psychological deep dive into the minds of mobsters and their families in modern America.The inner workings of the mob was just a backdrop. I think this approach was why it was so successful as there were countless other mob movies that showed the inner workings of the mob.

>What I got instead was a soap opera
Soap operas have continuity. The Sopranos just has random shit happening with no consequences, plot threads disappearing into nowhere, and everything going back to normal next episode.
The writers must all have been chained up in separate cells, communicating through the walls by morse code.

Attached: IMG_0791.jpg (500x725, 119.66K)

are you the girl from that M&C thread? next you're going to be saying how it was toxically masculine

On the contrary Sopranos, despite it's masculine shell, is female shit. Bitches love shows like that even if they don't actually watch the Sopranos. They sit around, get they nails did and watch shows like Scandal and are like "GURRRLL I FELT DAT! I FEEEL DAT! WHEN HE FLIPPED OVER THE WHOOPDY WHOOP! I FELT DAT"

I can go on a rant about how specifically the episode "college" led to the feminization of TV, but I'm going to spare you.

retarded meme

You won't be satisfied until every single person on this board calls you a retard?
Stop posting this thread all the time it is tiring.

have sex

Pine Barrens not even in top 5?

get outta here

based dumb cunt

>I was expecting an account of the decline of la cosa nostra and an account of rackateering in the 'Attitude' era with club drugs, black gangsters, the Russian mob and a younger generation which had less to lose, and less of a code which actually gave them an advantage in crime over the old Italian mobsters.
It was never about this, it was was basically the mob from the 70s in a modern setting.

the show was meant to be about the people in the mafia that David Chase grew up surrounded by, which I think is a much more interesting topic than another fucking boring mob flick.

It shows how the mafia code and shit you all see in mob movies is a veneer and they're all shitty, self-interested and hypocritical people. you see how they're raised in a culture of violence and how that affects them, then how the same affects their children.

Shit take. Your least favorite are some of the best in the show. Especially those season 6 masterpieces.

lolwut? Half the scenes were about wives, mothers, and soi kids. Paulie was the only convincing hard man in the show.

That episode made no fucking sense, especially in the wider context of the season. It was just another filler episode with no setup and no consequences.

it's part of the Paulie and Chris narrative arc

Attached: giphy.gif (245x184, 861.33K)

lol it is you

Attached: IMG_0793.png (1334x750, 512.55K)

Which, typically enough, came to nothing. It was Tony that whacked Chris, in another "outta fucking nowhere" episode.

That was a bait post you retard. Lurk moar.

What is with all of these threads? One guy, or are you guys just 20 years late like me? I don't really mind the fact that it's a drama because the characters are super well fleshed out and there are already a ton of great mafia movies. Even the woke episode about that native american protesters resonated with me.

I just think that Steve buscemi was a total. TOTAL misscast.

People are staying inside which means more time to watch 60+ hours of footage. The Columbus Day episode wasn't woke at all. It was pointing out that people who are obsessed with identity politics (whether it be Hesh, the protestors or Sil) are usually the worst examples of their respective communities and have no business claiming to represent them.

What pretty face. Meadow did nothing wrong.

Attached: Meadow_soprano.jpg (358x279, 13.28K)

They should have stuck with the formula, and plundered the Goodfellas cast list.

Attached: ray-liotta-9542538-1-402.jpg (1200x1200, 180.45K)

Right, that's what I liked about it. There's no reason to tie your ancestors to your identity, etc. It's fascinating to me that there was a time where you could have a major tv show resolve a topic like that without pissing everyone off. Or maybe it did, I was only in 7th or 8th grade.

She's a spoiled mob brat who's pussy gets wet at the thought of her father beating and killing people........she needs a spanking.

Attached: maxresdefault-19.jpg (1280x720, 87.26K)

>i wanted pleb drivel about muh badass topic instead of kino character study

stoned meadow better meadow

Attached: grassyknoll.jpg (375x333, 11.36K)

>cropping that camel toe
What were you thnking, user?

Attached: 1510447566588.jpg (484x801, 20.27K)

mafia already declined. they merely earn few millions a year. a good surgeon makes more than a "mafia boss".

>spends the entire second half of the show taking the moral high ground while continuing to reap the benefits of her father's criminal enterprise
The worst. At least Carmella acknowledged her hypocrisy from time to time