Shutter island

what is the truth behind this film?

Attached: shutter_island-770x470.jpg (770x470, 52.02K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lmmJsgfNSIM
youtube.com/watch?v=CAXyaAfSC30
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Good movie, the final scene is one of the great pleb filters of film.

Nazi’s bad

Cawley
Crowley

>tfw accept that you're mental and choose to be lobotomised so you don't have to live with what you've done
so sad

He rather being batshit crazy that living with the shit that happened when he was sane

>"the smoke got her, not the fire"
>last scene is him having a cigarette
Explain yourself marty

It was a meme movie that was taylr-made for reddit

he was taken to the mental institution and psyoped into believing he was crazy by the cia. prove me wrong.

>sincerely typing taylr-made
>reddit
you have to go back

Attached: yikes.png (296x299, 150.55K)

Kino interpretation. Dolores died in the fire

>what is the truth behind this film?

The truth is that it's pure shit.

If Rachel Solando never existed, then who put that note about "The Rule of 4" in her room? Did the doctors do it just to fuck with him?

that it's an inferior version of The Game

Or why did a patient pick up an invisible glass of water?

she was a cia actor. you see her towards the end of the movie as a staffer. they put the note there as fake evidence for him later when hes trying to decide if hes crazy or not.

fuck you

The truth is that in most cases plot twists do more harm than good and ruin otherwise a good movie such as the one in the OP.

Based user wasn't drugged like every other idiot here

Final scene, as Leo is walking away to be operated on, they should have had an orderly show up to the doctor and whisper that they found the lady hiding out by the cliffs, and the doctor shushes him and waves it off for the moment since Leo is nearby.

it was the drugs they were doping him with in the cigarettes and the pills he took. whats more believable, that he hallucinated the whole conversation with the woman in the cave with all its specific details, or that for a second he hallucinated the water because of the drugs

Good or bad, it definitely had some pure kino

youtube.com/watch?v=lmmJsgfNSIM

for me its this scene

youtube.com/watch?v=CAXyaAfSC30

Attached: fedorarock.png (981x603, 971.28K)

does anyone buy ruffalo as a "man of violence" lmao

The only thing that fucks up one of the best theories in film is Chuck. Or maybe Boston department doesn't know he's on the boat too

A WW2 veteran and police officer gets gaslighted by sadistic nazis and government agents into thinking he's insane.

He isn't though, in the movie.

I see Chuck as the shepherd in the whole thing. at the end when he's surprised it's not because leo isn't crazy it's that the goal was to make him crazy but instead what happened was that he was normal but had accepted their story and wanted to essentially die.

went to see it at a second run theater when it was out and left about 20 minutes in. the green screen stuff looked like absolute shit and I could tell immediately there was some twist ending in store that I wasn't in the mood for.

It was Leo's room, he put the note there last time he remembered the truth, so he could read it when he relapsed

Well considering that she says pretty much specifically everything he would need to hear in order to reinforce his delusion, I could see it either way.

>t. Dr cawley

>schizo says "there's only one place it could BE"
>doesnt check ward B
lmao not smart enough mr us marshall

If you were afraid that you might lose your sanity, I'm hoping you'd leave yourself a note that was less cryptic

A nice scene undercut by the fact that I can't stop hearing the Xmen theme.