When did it stop being funny?

When did it stop being funny?

Attached: image (3).jpg (480x360, 39.47K)

Season 13

Imaginationland.

fred

Attached: 1571687274752.png (419x356, 173.71K)

Your mom fucks black guys

>Doug's Fug and Tug

When they turned Mr Garrinson into an attack on Trump

Season 09 was the last good one.

It never was

Around Season 13, yes. It was that time right after Trey had gotten his head up his own ass about gags and simple jokes and catchphrases. They stopped doing Kenny dies, Authorata, Screw you guys home, I learned something today, that's fucked up right there. Trey thought he's better than Family Guy and only wanted to do SMART humour, where you drag an entire 22 minute episode over a single >joke. Them receiving a fuckton of Tonys and billions of dollars was the death of their own creativity and the soul of South Park.

>where you drag an entire 22 minute episode over a single >joke
So true. So many post-Season 9 episodes milk one joke for the entire episode.
Fishsticks. The Hobbit. Saracastaball. That fucking 3-part Game of thrones parody with George RR martin being obsessed with dicks.
Jesus they really did get lazy.

Screw you guys I'm going home was finished about S4

It wasn't the same after they killed off Chef

i stopped watching in 2009 so maybe a bit earlier than that

2preachy4me by the end of it, removed the punchlines so it became a joke at its own expense rather than everyone else's

Hilarious episode though

When the jokes became Reddit-tier.

It was a great episode yea

All that shit sucked, though.
Don't get me wrong, the show still sucks, but all that old stuff was even worse. Early South Park was like a newgrounds cartoon made by a teenager.

Attached: 1586614647096.png (760x868, 75.43K)

They only killed off Chef, because Isaac pulled a Tom Cruise on them. He wasn't coming back, it was a sweet farewell to Isaac, in a south park way

>I'm gonna make love to you CHILDREN
The ending was so gory though. It felt really disrespectful to both the character and Issac.
It was a good jab at Scientology but, eh.

S12 in general, S16 completely.

Nah, it was sweet, it was part of South Park's own character. The first 4 seasons are the best the show has been, followed by a steady decline through each season onwards, until an absolute drop after around 2013 with each episode being about reality shows and politics and iphones

Season 18 was funnier than 16 though, also Season 16 was chocked full of internet references, politics and technology stuff, there's literally an episode about Face Time and one about Obama, look.
Fucking retard.

Yeah after that it was a pretty steady drop. Season 12 and 13 had some good episodes, Major Boobage was the last great episode imo, but seasons 14-20 were all pretty shit and I can't rewatch them. The jokes are dated and were barely funny the first time hearing them.

It wasn't really sweet, considering how long chef was around for, but for the audience it was a great episode

WHAT DID YOU SAY?

Does South Park need to be about politics though? Nowadays they think just because they make an edgy episode, it automatically makes it funny.

SP has been utter shit since at least 2006. Deal with it.

FPBP

Buck's Fuck and Tuck

i just remember the ep where they make fun of family guy being the last of the good ones

No, I agree politics and trying to be relevant have killed the show, I was just pointing out your image was dishonest.
Season 23 was mainly about weed and China and I really found it boring. In fact a lot of the recent episodes are boring. Pretty hard for an absurdist cartoon to do, but they've done it.