I'm going home to page 10! CLEAR A PATH YOU MOTHER FUCKERS!

I'm going home to page 10! CLEAR A PATH YOU MOTHER FUCKERS!

Attached: XQWmR.jpg (600x424, 56.85K)

Showing my support for your travels and also saging as to not hold you up. God speed.

You gotta pay a toll bato!

THINK about It!

Listen fellas, I've had a really rare morning. I'm not in the mood.

Attached: 778e02f0-6d13-4b28-84f4-6a9b898f3364_screenshot.jpg (1152x480, 26.06K)

Wanna try some of our all day breakfast?

my boss compared me to dfens last week.

You better start wearing a short sleeve button up, tie and nerd glasses

Be like Pendergast and not D-FENS anons
Dont respond to despair with hate.

No

Kekd hard. Who was this character modeled after?

My dubs in my previous demand it.

THREE SETS OF DUBS....HOW MUCH?!

Attached: 1579564766014.jpg (236x285, 5.73K)

>reddit spacing

reddit arrow

What gave you the impression that D-FENS was hateful, idiot? From what I remember the only person he kills in the whole movie is the nazi after going on a rant about how disgusting and hateful the nazi was.

He's literally lashing out against society with threats of violence to get what he wants. Overcharge a soda? Let me vandalize your store. Stop serving breakfast? Let me threaten you with a tec-9. You understand where he is coming from but it's still an over-reaction
Even when he re-watches his home movies he notices how he berates his wife.
He reacts to adversity negatively.
He's not at all evil, that's what the Nazi seen shows, on the contrary he is highly sympathetic but he's still almost petulant in his anger. His frustration at issues almost everybody goes through.
Prendergast is his foil. They both suffer. But where-as D-FENS reacts with hate for a hateful, uncaring world, Prendergast maintains his dignity.

Havent seen this in a while, gonna watch it tonite thanks OP.

i see this take a lot but i wouldn't say that Prendergast has maintained his dignity. he's just submitted completely to the pressures around him.

Give us your briefcase, man.

The difference is that Prendergast still has a job but they reveal that D-FENS has been fired from his job for a while. Prendergast still has a means of living but D-FENS is "not economically viable."

>"not economically viable."
And that is the third man along with Pendergast and the Nazi whom D-FENS is contrasted with. They even dress the exact same and feel an instant connection.
But the protester is peacefully protesting at the site of where he was denied his loan. D-FENS takes out his frustration on random people who had nothing to do with him losing his job even if a few of them happen to be scum anyways.

Nah. It seems that way at first but look he outright orders his wife to calm down and tells off his pompous boss at the end. It's just that he doesnt burn bridges with everybody he meets. He understands the importance of human connection after having lost his daughter, lost his permanently while D-FENS still has his and alienated his wife.

>But the protester is peacefully protesting at the site of where he was denied his loan.
yeah and he gets arrested for his trouble.

People keep saying he should be more like Prendergrast when they're in completely different positions, despite everyone calling them foils. He has no job but Prendergrast is comfortable as a cop.
The guy who was protesting is how he should have handled it, but the guy protesting got stepped all over because he was taken away by the cops in handcuffs. I doubt he would have gotten any job from his one-man protest.

Arrested yeah and D-FENS ends up dead, I suppose you could argue they both accomplished nothing but funnily enough the police were far quicker to respond to the peaceful protester. That's just how the movie shows how wrong society is. But how are you going to change it? By blowing up construction sites and invading golf course?
Remember D-FENS isn't like that just because of losing his job as important as it is. As the home-video scene shows he was always rather irritable and it just got worse.
Prendergast is D-FENS foil in many ways. Remember a foil isnt just a character that is similar in every way to another character but just one that highlights aspects of the other character both by contrast and similarity. Prendergast and D-FENS both suffer. Prendergast lost his daughter and wants to stay at his job which he is being forced to retire from. D-FENS lost his job and wants to see his daughter who he is being forced to stay away from. Pendergast has an alienated wife who makes repeated phone-calls to him. D-FENS has an aliened wife who he makes repeated phone calls to. Neither of them get any respect, Prendergast from his co-workers, D-FENS from most people he meets. But it's how they respond to these troubles in their life that differs them and that's true for real people.

I think the difference between the protester and D-FENS is that the protester, from what little we know about him, probably had some hope in this society and a reason to live. He was enough of an optimist that he figured his situation would improve. D-FENS, on the other hand, goes on about being past the point of no return. He's lived long enough to evaluate his position in society, and he concludes that there's no way out for him and that there's no way he can hope to fix this society, so he goes out with a bang instead. He probably knew that today was the day it was all going to crash and burn the moment he decided to get out of his car, so he might as well have made his last day on earth a day where he finally got his way and was able to see his daughter one last time.
Not defending his actions or say that someone should emulate D-FENS, and his behavior isn't exactly rational, but you root for him the whole time because protesting or going along with his same routine of pretending to go to work every day in a suit and tie would only prolong his breaking point, or he would forever remain a submissive husk who takes shit from everyone as LA gets worse and worse.

I'm not giving you my briefs.

where do you buy one of those little bats?

Louisville Smaller

Korean Convenience Store. They just give them away.

retarded boomers