Buffy

Going to rewatch. What can I expect?

Attached: Buffy_the_Vampire_slayer_tv_wallpaper_1600x1200.jpg (1600x1200, 790.67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/details/BuffyVampireSlayer
hdbuffy.tumblr.com/dls
youtu.be/bC7OAZzMiu0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

To be underwhelmed

vam-tits

>THE WALL

Explain

1. The first season is painfully bad and the second season, while far better, still has a handful of painful episodes you'll have to endure.
2. Depending on where you watch it you'll either watch the butchered HD version (with shitty cropping, new [and somehow worse] special effects, no color correction and DNR so bad that every actor looks like a mannequin) or the original SD version that now looks like it was filmed on treacle for the first few seasons.
3. The special effects are fucking bad for the first two seasons. There's a decent jump in production values starting season 3 and the effects do improve but for some reason they thought with a bigger budget they could now do full CGI monsters. In 1999. On a tv show. They really couldn't but they did it anyway and the season finale becomes laughable once you see the Mayor's final form.
4. David Boreanaz really couldn't act for about a season and a half
5. You'll miss 90s feminism when it was all about girl power and not getting raped. You do get a hint of the shitshow it became recently with the potentials at the end but by that point the show's kinda shit so who gives a fuck.
5. The good stuff's still pretty damn good.
6. Season 6 is simultaneously better and worse than you remember it being
7. You'll realize that nearly every single hack writer doing genre work has stolen Buffy's dialog style (including Whedon himself for better and worse) and you now fucking despise it. Especially if you've grown absolutely fucking sick of Marvel movie style dialog. However Buffy did it first and as the show goes on does it better than any of the imitators because it knows how actually balance the drama with the quips and knows when to have its characters shut the fuck up and take shit seriously. Except for Xander.
8. You will hate Xander

The show's aesthetics and style will scream "this was made in 1997" for the first season or two.

If you can only find the shit HD version the whole thing's available here in its original quality:
>archive.org/details/BuffyVampireSlayer

It's interesting. Back when I was acrive on Buffy forums, like 2005-2010, everyone's fave character was Xander. Recebtlt checked out the Buffy subreddit and he's everyone's least fave char now. Probabky has to do with the actor which sucks.

The actor becoming an alcoholic wreck certainly doesn't help but it's more that for the first few seasons the guy won't stop fucking quipping. All the other characters know when to be funny and make sarcastic jokes and when to shut the fuck up and treat shit seriously. Xander doesn't learn that lesson until about halfway through the show and by then you already want to hit him with a truck.

When did you watch the show? No one complained about that then but now we live in a post Buffy world and so every character everywhere is quipping.

Three great seasons followed by a bunch of gay bullshit.

I've been rewatching it recently. I first saw it around 2011, so pre-Avengers. There were definitely more than a few shows that had taken influence from Buffy's writting by that point but it wasn't absolutely everywhere like now.

Watching Buffy now is interesting because it mostly does the quippy dialog right. The characters know when to drop the sarcastic comments and take shit seriously. Except for Xander. He does get better as the show goes on though.

I think that would explain it. Whedon basically created that type of character and so many writers have just ripped him off without understanding why he worked. Which is why quips are now ubiquitous and makes me want to kill myself.

The buffy subreddit probably hates him for being a 'nice guy' stereotype. Or something something something feminism patriarchy tropes. Much as I do still love the show it did lead to a lot of shit. Basically all shitty feminist bloggers started out because they wanted to bitch about how much they hated season 6 to the entire internet and even TvTropes started off as a Buffy fansite that got out of control.

to want to watch angel after and then watch both every year for the rest of your life

Oops. This post: was meant for

One of the best TV shows ever made

Attached: dawn.jpg (600x901, 160.32K)

Dawn was the beginning of the end. The show starts to go downhill the second she's introduced

I have a sudden interest in watching an episode of poorly cropped, miscolored mannequins. Anyone able to link the very worst example of this?

Gay and wrongpilled

>hdbuffy.tumblr.com/dls
The first 3 seasons are the worst affected. Season 1 in particular was so bad they had to redo the cropping for some shots.

youtu.be/bC7OAZzMiu0

Probably what you watched the first time.

>The colour correction makes everyone look sunburned
oh lawd

is there a version online with the previouslies at the beginning? netflix had them but the show was in awful 16:9

Season 5 was fantastic. It's when Giles leaves for England in season 6 that the show goes downhill

Attached: LKl1VqB.jpg (650x1333, 57.93K)

pretty mich this

I enjoyed the third and forth season a lot, I think it was because of the college flair.
Also, the nostalgia hits me really hard, when I s Willow and her GF. My sisters used to dress very similar to them back then.

Oh that is nowhere near the worst part. Okay so Buffy was pretty low-budget at first so for a lot of the first season they shot day-for-night during interior scenes, i.e. Buffy's bedroom and color-corrected it in post to give the shots a blue filter. In the HD version they forgot to reapply the color filters so now when Buffy finds out Angel's a vampire it's clearly daytime outside and the crew just drew the blinds to give it low lighting.

Damn, Michelle Trachtenberg was to perfect for this world. Slim and girly but full lips and a suprisingly big butt and tits...

some vampire kino mixed with some very gay relationships bullshit
and no movie after to fill the void
enjoy

If it's the HD version than some criminally terrible post production.