Kim Wexler & Writing Women

THIS is now Yas Forums's best example of how to write female characters.

What went RIGHT?

Attached: kimfu.jpg (259x194, 4.94K)

Kim Wexler is about the only time I've seen Yas Forums completely fine with a strong female main character. What's going on? What makes her so different? She just seems like your typical Sue to me.

Loyalty is a big one. Her and Jimmy have a deep understanding of each other that's been built over the course of a decade.

Her fat ass

She's not really a "strong" female in the typical sense. She's just well educated and competent. Her motivations make sense and she clearly has short comings as well. Sticking with Jimmy, who we know is a lost cause, is a terrible decision and it has derailed her corporate career entirely.

She's very weak.

But she did become a bitch in the last episode

It's due to the fact that she has imperfection. It's clear in the way the show is presented that Kim has played a role as an enabler as well as a moral compass. This kind of mix opens the door to a potential internal conflict she has, which is undoubtedly the inability to recognize her own fault. This is seen clearly when she laughs off what Howard said. Yet, at the same time, she spoke up to Lalo to preveny Jimmy from getting murdered, at her own risk.

One might say, well, this courage makes her a Mary Sue! And I disagree. The contrast in her want to protect Jimmy is seen in both her confronting Lalo in prison, which puts her danger initially and her saving his life in his apartment. It's mixed through and through.

Attached: Kimmy.jpg (643x515, 91.54K)

She became a potential bitch to everybody but her husband... Sounds pretty based to me

Yelling at Lalo was a survival tactic. Jimmy was about to cave and couldn't spin his usual spiel because of his exhaustion, so she stepped in and used her persuasion skills as a lawyer basically as a last resort. Based on her interrogation of Lalo the previous episode and the tidbits she picked up from Jimmy's story she was able to piece together a narrative sound enough to keep Lalo content for the time being. In light of Nacho's betrayal she and Jimmy are gonna be in a lot of trouble though.

The writers tried to pander to the diversity agenda by creating a realistic depiction of women in skyler. They tried to make her an independent, liberated woman but it backfired on them.

Kim was created from the backlash from skyler, they created a character that was meant to be loved by men. She's an idealized, loyal woman; the anti-skyler.

Attached: casting couch.jpg (1200x800, 132.03K)

Contrast her to someone like Rey and the difference should be obvious, user

I thought both were pretty good. Skyler being a massive bitch that fucked up the family and her husband wasn't an accident.

only if she gets popped in the head for talking sass to Lalo

>What makes her so different?
She's not a whore from a start. That just makes a huge difference.

>She's not a whore
she wanted to do some roleplay while having sex in the shower
I bet jimmy has talked her into doing some increasingly kinkier fetishes.

Attached: shower.gif (344x167, 4M)

All presumptive, and all hot

she's already going through corruption in the last episode, she'll fall further into depravity in the next season

Attached: 2827532765.jpg (900x2255, 982.77K)

She's not really "strong" per se, but she's competent and she's not a whore.

but she gets off on fantasizing to take down her ex-boss

Attached: gives you a throatjob as shes telling you how shes gonna fuck over Howard Hamlin.webm (1018x680, 3M)

Having sex with her boyfriend doesn't make her a whore.

>Finished BCS

What should I watch now?

how can you say that when she has such a slutty face?

Attached: on the path to becoming wendy.jpg (355x500, 45.6K)

Breaking Bad again

she has a tight little tush and you know it

saul fagman should just kill her

Idk I just think she's based, she's unironically independent from Jimmy and clearly knows how to get out of trouble, while Jimmy uses his charm she uses her knowledge of the law, kinda like Chuck but less faggy.

It's amazing how "independent" from a woman's point of view means taking your man down ie;skyler, while "independent" from a man's fantasy means an out-of-your-league woman who's still willing to do shenanigans with you ie;kim.

I legit thought this was Phoenix Marie

She’s the perfect mix of attainable and unattainable.

She looks like an older Faye Marsay. I dig it

It's all good, man. Don't get your Wexler in a twist compadre