So this guy abandons Harry twice and we're supposed to believe he's a good friend? What was Rowling thinking?

So this guy abandons Harry twice and we're supposed to believe he's a good friend? What was Rowling thinking?

Attached: image.jpg (359x410, 17.28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lCzxwcBZFuI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

movie ron was an idiot and a pussy and nothing like the books
too much focus on making hermione cool

I mean he still abandoned them Twice n the books. Not exactly bro material.

Ron really got jobbed in the movies

>abandons Harry twice
I was (to my everlasting shame) a big harry potter fan but I don't have that good a memory; what two times are you referring to? I only remember there was a later book/film in which he was jealous, and that time he abandoned harry and hermione during their track across the UK looking for the hallows.

more like they abandoned him

He does stick by Harry through all kinds of dangerous shit. The "abandoning" Harry happens
1. In the fourth movie, and it's more like a fight that only lasts a couple weeks before they're friends again.
2. In the 7th/8th movie, and it's because the One Ring is fucking with Ron's head and he's worried sick about his family while Harry leads him and Hermione on a scavenger hunt
The number of times Ron goes into a dangerous situation with Harry or flat-out sacrifices himself for Harry/Hermione far outweighs the two times he was an asshole

Harry fucking deserved it

i wish harry potter never existed

Is that someone people do? Fights that last weeks. When me and my friends fought we got along all right the next day.

The real question is why didn't he abandon the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises? Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though

"No!" The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Attached: 1538447107964.jpg (1744x2976, 3.02M)

>Is that someone people do? Fights that last weeks
It's pretty normal for teenagers to fight like that, especially over a long-term issue that's mostly been shoved into the background. Ron is poor as shit, he's the least talented member of a family that everybody mocks, everyone treats his dad like a joke, and his best friend is mega-rich, effortlessly good at practically everything, and has the most powerful wizard in the world constantly doing him favors. Not crazy for that to cause problems eventually.

Anakin literally murdered kids and tried to murder obi-wan and he was a good friend

Ron's the most human character

>effortlessly good at practically everything
He literally only knows one spell.
> and has the most powerful wizard in the world constantly doing him favors
This shit doesn't come for free tho. I'm sure harry has to return some "favors" as well

I can't stand this kid. He's everything I dislike about the English.

Ugly, mediocre, terrible case of Tall Poppy Syndrome, hates people who are weird or interesting, constantly hating on anything new, one of the 'lads', talentless, not-particularly-intelligent, always complaining and making a sour face.

piss off

Attached: ron.png (509x445, 268.81K)

>The real question is why didn't he abandon the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises?
Ok that's a stretch.
>Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others.
Patently not true.
>Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.
Subjective opinion.
>Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody? Just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books.
Spielberg is a hack and why shouldn't she get a say? She wrote them.

Factually false. He's ginger

Once during the Goblet of Fire and again during the Deathly Hallows

>The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.
lol James Bond is for meatheads and plebs
>a-at least the books were good though
Agreed
>"No!"
Alright fuck you then.
>The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs." I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous.
Obviously an exageration.
>Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.
Sounds good to be. Stephen King is one of the best authors of the 21st century. Only contrarian shits would disagree.

>Tall Poppy Syndrome
what's that

youtube.com/watch?v=lCzxwcBZFuI

Harry is a massive arsehole who gets everything handed to him and would be just like his dickhead dad if he didn’t have Ron and Hermione to humble him. His generosity is his only real virtue since he just likes dangerous situations anyway.

>What two times are you talking about?
>I only remember these two times.

>nine years and it still gets bites

>He literally only knows one spell.
He knows a bunch. It's shown repeatedly that Harry is so good at dueling that he's capable of teaching an entire class on his own to a level that they can take on adults. On top of that he's a naturally talented athlete and pretty good at most of his classes despite not putting in much effort.
>I'm sure harry has to return some "favors" as well
lol

based
cringe

If you see somebody succeeding you feel the need to drag them down or shun them

He's not dumb but he was written inconsistently. One moment he's willing to sacrifice his life for Harry the next he doesn't believe that he didn't put his name in the cup.

Christ was betrayed by Peter twice but he was still made the first Pope

Thrice you heretic.

>would be just like his dickhead dad if he didn’t have Ron and Hermione to humble him.
It was mainly the 11 years of abuse at the hands of the Dursleys that humbled him. Imagine what a spoiled brat Harry would have become if he was raised by basically any wizard family, knowing from birth that he's wizard jesus.

They had an orbiter bitch running screen on them. That delayed the awkward "I fucked up, I'm sorry" conversation they would have had the next day at lunch that instead took several weeks yet dodged the convo entirely.

Pottery

It's people who are horde-minded and hate anyone who sticks out for being talented or remarkable or too interesting and try to wack them back down. It's a feature somewhat in East Asia, I think there's a saying "the crooked nail gets hammered", but it's particularly big with the English. This deeply resentful, jealous mentality, anyone who's too interesting or gifted is a "tosser" or "cunt", and to fend off being dangerously being seen that way you have to display disingenuous, false-modesty, or signal you're one of the group. It's really classed based too. The upper class ones have subtle ways of monitering what's acceptable which surprise surprise excludes those undesirable working people, but conversely the working class ones are horrible too in that they heavily pressure each other to stay humble to their origins and never aspire or grow. They just suck all around.

>Imagine what a spoiled brat Harry would have become if he was raised by basically any wizard family, knowing from birth that he's wizard jesus.
Literally explained by Dumbledude in the first scene of the first movie, as to why he put him with Turdsleys

Ron feels inadequate because he's the only Weasley child who's not good at anything, so he takes that jealousy out on Harry and Hermione (bullies Hermione for being smart, gets pissed off at Harry for being rich).

Gingers have no souls and act like cunts. Gingerbollocks here was perfectly written

Just hug it out you cunts

Attached: 2cd3bac81f2c7ac47e2e2fde1dc7af43.jpg (1100x550, 54.82K)

Ron is good at Chess

literally nobody cares and was made irrelevant after the fist movie

Percyis just a useless pen pusher with the ministry he has no special skills

In the books imo Harry and Ron are friends, Ron and Hermione are friends, Harry and Hermione isn't as close of a relationship.

Thats not true. Harry and Hermione were platonic friends but Ron and Hermione were more than just friends.

Never trust the crypto Irish (red heads)

>Harry and Hermione isn't as close of a relationship
IIRC Joke Rowling said that she made a mistake and should have let Harry and Hermion be together as the whole series of books was hinting

yeah but he was the golden child when ron grew up with him, he was a prefect and head boy and all that shit

this isn't true at all

True, I forgot about that. Get the feeling nobody really values chess in the HP world though, it's not like there are tournaments or anything.

Percy was golden boy in school though, he just turned into a useless pencil pusher as an adult

Thanks for spoonfeeding me, fellas

Harry never once asks Ron how he is getting on. Its always Ron duty bound to watch out for Harry, getting sucked into Harry's dramas. Always Ron needed to bail out Harry. Harry never once bails out Ron. The friendship is entirely one sided. It would be ridiculous if Rowling always made Ron entirely submissive without ever getting sick and tired of Harry and his shit.

Attached: citation needed.jpg (690x233, 55.95K)

We need a revised story with a) the first two books combined into one, b) Harry and Hermione and c) femdraco. Directed by Terry Gilliam.

Assuming girl draco ends up with ron in this scenario? Kind of funny to think about but I guess ron is a pureblood

>Harry never once bails out Ron
Goblet of Fire rescue, but that's about it. Harry's at least attentive enough to realize he'd be beastfucked without his Weasley meatshield to take hits for him.

>Harry and hermione treck across Uk
Hermione needed to a chance to fuck Harry off screen before she married Ron. Women do this a lot, break up to fuck some bad boy fling then get back with their husband to be.

>Ha, Draco. Checkma-
>AVADA KEDAVRA

>break up to fuck some bad boy
Yes, nothing says "bad boy" like scrawny bespectacled goody two-shoes

based women-knower

>who gets everything handed to him

I don't know about that. He had to train for the Patronus charm and had those mind lessons with Snape. Also the whole Ministry dragged his name though the mud over Voldemort. Harry's been through a lot

In the Wizarding world, geeky dork guys are the bad boys. Harry's dad was a super cunt bully.

Didn't assume femdraco would necessarily end up with anyone, what happened to draco in the end, didn't he go full nazi or smth?

What if was an all girls school and they explored their changing bodies together haha wouldn't that be funny jk

Attached: fem_draco_malfoy_by_sladkoslava_daj6zjo-fullview.jpg (1024x1536, 196.23K)

Ron is a golden boy in school. In the later years he is a prefect and on the quddich team. Its only because he is best friends with wizard jesus and mary sue that he gets overshadowed. Compare him to Seamus fucking Finnigan and Ron is highly accomplished.

Ron is Herrys bottom
Like Frodo and Sam

But Snape was also a geeky dork and the classes' most likely to shoot up a Wizard Walmart

>Sorcerers Stone high tier
>Philosophers Stone shit tier

Attached: y0xgjght75d21.jpg (415x739, 15.52K)

chuckled

Snape was an emo fuckboi.

Its only due to his friendship with Harry that Ron is stuck in that situation in Goblet of Fire. If he was best mates with Neville Longbottom he would never have been put into a homoerotic underwater escapade.

Harry is damaged.

>In the later years he is a prefect and on the quddich team.
Yes but he's jealous of Harry in the early years, before all that. He has his little tantrum in the 4th movie, before he becomes a prefect or starts playing quidditch.

>what happened to draco in the end, didn't he go full nazi or smth?
They don't make it 100% clear but Draco is married, has a kid, and in the epilogue Harry at least acknowledges him with a nod. So at the very least I think Draco backed off of the whole wizard nazi thing.