/film/

Serious discussion of Cinema and Arthouse films.

RIP von Sydow.

Attached: 92befb1c426869f2a886befd55c9f07c.jpg (1050x999, 229.65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/7Ty7oWBZJdc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

bump

Attached: stalker of the beehive.jpg (1050x999, 382.53K)

>Parasite
>Midsommar
>Joker

Pick one

I haven't watched any of those, I might watch Parasite some day but I'm not interested in the other 2.

>heems your favorite kino

Attached: 1.jpg (1600x947, 210.19K)

Post recent classics

Attached: images (31).jpg (640x480, 50.28K)

> Haneke
> All French Directors
> Fassbinder
> All mainland Chinese directors aside from Bi Gan
> Wong Kar-Wai
> Tsai Ming Liang
> Polanski
> Mann
> Lynch aside from Eraserhead and nightmare sequences
> Giallo
> Exploitation
> Female directors aside from Sofia Coppola and the bitch who made Of Body and Soul
> Peckinpah
> Sion Sono
> Takashi Miike

All terrible, immoral people who never should've been allowed to make a movie. Liking these means you've completely lost your moral attachment to the real world and live inside the world of "culture appreciation", an ivory tower of pedophilia, irony, genuine low intellect and misbegotten elitism.

You who like these are the same fucker who smoke, wear doc marten boots, talk in twitter memes and hate your parents. You're disgusting and I hope you all die. You deserve to.

Birdman did it better

>ywn be tsarevich Alexei
>ywn have a harem of goddess sisters
How do you say 'JDIMSA' in Russian?

Jfc, i seriously hope you both have something better to do with your lives other than derailing threads.

>birdman
>doing anything well

>derailing threads
well what’s your response to someone who says you can’t enjoy a classic film because of something the director did?

Thoughts on this cinematic achievement?

Attached: B5FC4F2D-CBD3-4BD0-BD2B-9F7CC3B73B95.jpg (640x905, 63.19K)

Attached: exorist.jpg (1000x1500, 264.32K)

Not my favorite Von Sydow film but underrated - the Night Visitor

youtu.be/7Ty7oWBZJdc

F
Don't give them (you)'s, it's the only reason they're here

Maybe it’s immoral but I don’t really care honestly

you mean, Birdman did it *after.

I forgot I had this one fixed.

Attached: exorcist.jpg (1000x1500, 230.89K)

Just finished watching An Elephant Sitting Still. Apathy kino.

>cytu dot be/r/tv4c monday playlist

Werckmeister Harmonies (2000) - Tarr . A mysterious circus excites a small Hungarian town into a rebellion when a promised act doesn't perform.

Personna (1966) -Bergman. Famed stage stress Elisabeth Vogler (Liv Ullmann) suffers a moment of blankness during a performance and the next day lapses into total silence. Healing process ensues, mind meld n such.

All corners of the world (1989) -Tsai Ming-liang . Mr and Mrs Chang live in Taipei’s Hsi-Men-Ding (the city’s entertainment/red light/nightlife district) with their teenaged kids. The parents work as cleaners in a “love hotel” and send the kids out to scalp n shit.

Marketa Lazarová (1967)-Vláčil. Czech epic, set during the transition from paganism to Christianity during the 13th century, focuses on the Kozlik family, a clan of brutal and superstitious pillagers who ravage the bleak medieval countryside on horseback

The Wind Will Carry Us (1999) - Kiarostami. Irreverent city engineer Behzad comes to a rural village in Iran to keep vigil for a dying relative. In the meanwhile the film follows his efforts to fit in with the local community and how he changes his own attitude

i wonder when i should start the first movie for maximum convenience. I figure maybe 20:00h EST ? There is always a good movie playing at any time. i set up another informal playlist at noon too but maybe i should keep that one informal. i don't want to overwork/overobsess over this for nothing and still trying to figure out the "beat" of the /film community: what would be convenient for you?

Redpill me on cytube, how many soviet botnets will I be a part of if I enable their scripts?

I just wanted to go there to shitpost on the chat but I wasn't allowed to use it without registering.

you don't need a script to watch the movies in the tv4c room so i will keep it at this.

the registering process don't require an email. just username password.

>Anne Wiazemsky
>Monica Vitti
>Jeanne Moreau
>Anna Karina
>Liv Ullmann

Pick one

Ullmann
Lost Horizon the musical is a masterpiece.

Ngl that's a nice meme poster

Cytube dude, please play Seventh Seal later in honor of Von Sydow.

Pick one for what?

Sex

Untalented and emotionally dishonest: the list

Wiazemsky in Balthazar but only then, in Pasolini's Teorema she was already in decline. But Ullmann was the ultimate slampig of kino.

Pic related is unironically a visual storytelling masterpiece.

Wise choice. She was still a virgin during the shooting of Balthazar iirc.

Attached: 2003-cat_in_the_hat-4.jpg (1044x1500, 163.47K)

Does anyone actually watch anything here? The quality is 480p at best. There has to be some streaming site with lax content control, where one could stream high quality video. I appreciate the effort but youtube isn't a good platform for it.

Attached: 04-yasujiro-ozu-films[1].jpg (3000x2261, 647.69K)

yea i heard. will try to start thigns off with this tonight.

I remember there used to be a website with a rabbit logo, I dont know the name or if it still exists.

>she will never tell you not buy golf clubs

couldnt find a version that allows to be "embedded", damn

>Does anyone actually watch anything here?
yes. we are starting to gain regular users.

>Hey look! user is here!

Attached: DaRu2NUWsAAQAf1.jpg (1000x585, 105.34K)

>stream high quality video.
we are starting to have users motivated to upload quality files to google.doc for special viewings. maybe you would like to participate too?

Attached: seventh seal.jpg (1240x1748, 262.72K)

How do y’all watch that Japanese film that’s like The Human Condition? I think it was something like Men and War, but when I looked I couldn’t find a single copy anywhere, dvd, streaming or otherwise.

Mariko is cute. CUTE!!

Attached: seven samurai.jpg (564x871, 104.78K)

Attached: tales of ginza.jpg (1280x720, 254.82K)

i feel like one of the few bergman fans who just doesn't like this film compared to his others. it seems so much more straightforward and basic and boring

What was her fucking problem?

Attached: RDqKQA3.png (1808x1090, 3.08M)

For me it's Fanny & Alexander i heavily dislike. I like every other Bergman film I've ever watched

already forgotten

Best Film of 2019 coming through

Attached: Kinos.jpg (378x512, 49.66K)

Attached: 7big.jpg (1218x914, 632.85K)

Attached: .jpg (936x1436, 331K)

brainlet, wild strawberries is one of the most comfy films.

Trash.

Birdman was a movie that I enjoyed at the time but that years later I don't remember anything about. I can remember other movies that I've seen only once and prior to Birdman, so that makes me think that the movie didn't have anything truly lasting about it, all style no substance.

based

Why are you trying to make this a meme?

stfu cracka

Attached: the-wire.jpg (1060x523, 118.49K)

damn they remake everything these days even monos the hand of fate

These threads fucking suck.

Because I like that film, I have free time and it is a way to bump the thread. You missed and

Attached: tokyo story.jpg (1420x999, 220.51K)