Expectations?

expectations?

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 995.25K)

I expect to see a lot of sand and big, big worms.

dunes
dunes everywhere

left, up, down, right

Attached: 1.42485_image.jpg (403x300, 13.04K)

TEAL AND ORANGE
Annoying closeups
Very fake looking "vistas"
Whiny somber Paul
A boring movie

SAND SAND AND MORE FUCKING SAND

KEENNNOOO

Good things:
1. Autistic director who understands he’s building on already loved material
2. Swedish dominatrix
3. Big budget

it will flop

What the fuck is DUNC?

>rebecca ferguson as mommy jessica
I'm thinking kino

DUNC

Entry level shit that plebs will love just because it's slightly less entry level than the other 20 films they've seen

Too many red flags.
Probably a shitty adaption.

One, Jessica needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine.
Two, whenever Jessica's not on screen, all the other characters should be asking "Where's Jessica?"

Attached: 57285405405.jpg (400x225, 30.93K)

Duncan Idaho, supreme alpha and pussy slayer of the Dune saga

>D U N C

It's going to be long

LOTR is also entry level shit, doesn't mean it's bad.

This. Villenueve was broken by his magnum opus, Blade Runner 2049 and is now just sharting and farting around with Dune.

Has the power to make women climax simply by climbing a cliff face.

>Honored Matres hate him! Ghola destroys entire empire of slutty warrior women using one sexy trick READ MORE>>

absolutely nothing, they're pozzing dune on every level - board game, tabletop rpg and movie at the same time.

Attached: Untitled.png (131x215, 38.31K)

Kino even if it won't make much sense.

>4 hrs long
>great cinematography
>great music

venillevieus masterpiece

Zendaya X Chalamet pron to fuel my BFWM fetish

Well supposedly they are not doing the whole book they are stopping when they head into the desert. And Jessica is the main character I guess which makes sense. Might be ok. They are not following the entire subverted hero arc of Paul through and thats what probably fucked other attempts.

Has the power to psychically control women with his cock. Helps to train an army of men and women who can do the same.

It's the first book adapted into 2 movies so I don't think length should deter people the way 2049 did

>it’s not dune anymore, it’s dunc
Duncachino?

>pozzing an environmentalist novel featuring space arabs and superhuman warrior nuns who control politics
Unless you're whining about sjw pandering, in which case ill require evidence

Gonna have to see this like 12 times in theaters then to make sure we get sequels. I NEED to see Villeneuve's treatment of God Emperor.

I wonder what happens if the first Dunc movie flops. Will we ever see the second half of the book?

expecting a decent flop

>Dune video games? An outrage!

>It's the first book adapted into 2 movies so I don't think length should deter people the way 2049 did
Odd opinion. I am completely turned off that they are turning the first half of a 400 page novel into a 3 hour movie.

*Blocks your path*
*shoots a drill dart through your shield*

Attached: images(3).jpg (189x255, 16.33K)

Inshallah part 1 will flip and par 2 will go straight to Redbox.

It'll never get that far.
Probably tank after part 2, because the second novel is too short & I can see them cramming in most of it.

bad CGI, at least 1 black, female, gay charecter, terrible pacing

zoomer kino aka retarded special fx flick

is this their attempt to make it not say "dunc?"

What's my name?!
DUNCACCINO!

Attached: maxresdefault (73).jpg (1280x720, 91.66K)

I want to believe...

The original printing of dune was in a massive hardback so the 400 page length often listed is very misleading, my paperback copy for example is over 600 pages. It's also rather densely written, the miniseries adaptation was over 4 1/2 hours long and it still seemed to be rushing things.

If that's true, the second movie is going to be soulless shit. Paul trying to help the freemen while fighting against the inevitable jihad is the entire point of the Dune's second half. Ignoring that aspect removes the most interesting part of the book.

There's a lot of really complex layers to it, even with the ability to speak solely through text it takes a lot to properly get across. And there's shit in later books that is nearly impossible to get across satisfactorily in such a different medium, like Alia & Leto & their experience of the inner world of their ancestors.

That really doesn't change the fact that they are cutting the novel in half. It's one book for a reason.
Granted I read it once years ago, but I cannot fathom the first half having a three act structure with a compelling climax

Depends on where they cut it, really.
It's a toss up because of the difference in medium, you can take your time trying to tell it something resembling "properly" in two films, or try to rush through it in one overly long film (for theaters) & leave a lot of its complexities behind.
There's places it could be cut in half & not suffer too much; Paul's crysknife fight with one of the fremen, where he got named as Muad'dib is one such potential spot.

Really this shit would be far better served as a series, especially given how many books there are.

1 & 2 would really make an almost perfect trilogy, pretty much the whole rise & fall of Paul. Book 3 always feel separate to that story, even though Paul's in it.

underrated kino that normies hate and / or didn't see
basically blade runner all over again

its going to be quite the ludo placing other ps4 movies in shame.

DUNC???

It will either be the movie of the decade or forgotten within a month

Pretty much. If it's mostly true to the novels it's a toss up whether people take to its subversionary nature or not.

>BR2049
>underrated kino

Kino but it'll flop because only nerds and boomers know what it is. Hopefully less boring than the book.

>boring
Filtered.

>that goblina zandaya
none whatsoever. the moment I found out they cast that floating, living turd I dropped the movie alltogether. I don't even know whether I will even watch it.

Attached: fugly goblina.jpg (300x300, 33.59K)

This is the best dune character and the best book
dont reply to me fuckers

Attached: god-emperor of dune.jpg (876x1000, 121.35K)

SLAM DUNC